[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music Streaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: spotify.jpg (1MB, 3500x2333px) Image search: [Google]
spotify.jpg
1MB, 3500x2333px
Who here uses Spotify? Is it worth it?

I've never streamed anything before, but more and more I'm tempted just for usefulness.

4.99$ a month for the student discounted premium doesn't sound very bad.

How does it compare to Apple Music? I'm assuming TIDAL is probably dead by now.
>>
It's alright
>>
It doesn't have taylor swift
>>
I'm happy with it. I'm on the road a lot for work so having a bunch of spotify playlists queued up is really nice. No clue how it compares to apple music
>>
I've had a premium subscription for 4 years. Quality is fine unless you're using $2,000 headphones. Catalog is pretty complete, there are only a few albums I like that are missing.
>>
Max songs are 3333 to a device (three devices to an account, so max 9999) so if you like saving a lot of stuff look elsewhere

On that note, anyone know if tidal or apple have limits?
>>
>>69065167
its worth, if there is an album i want to listen to that is not in the catalog i can just download the album and upload it and i can download it on my phone as well
>>
>tfw apple music
>tfw would rather use 160 gb ipod, but it's on its last legs
>no good alternatives
>>
File: Indie Pop.jpg (70KB, 598x448px) Image search: [Google]
Indie Pop.jpg
70KB, 598x448px
>>69065482
>>69065487
>>69065501

So if you want to use it on the go through a portable device/automobile you have to pre-que all music you want for said trip before leaving or can you continue to que and pick music while out and about?

Also when you guys talk abotu DLing it straight to your computer is it the same as grabbing something from what.cd and DLing it? or is it some temporary spotify file?

thanks senpai for the feed back
>>
It's pretty neat. I don't really torrent music anymore since getting Premium. No way I'd pay $10 a month for it though. Last summer they had a promotion where it was $2 a month for a few months, that was pretty fucking sweet.
>>
>>69065167
I've used both. Spotify has more music, lots of albums you can't find on iTunes and viceversa, but Spotify has more. iTunes has SLIGHTLY better quality, but only a nerd would care. The only reason I would use iTunes is if I had an iPod so it could synch. That's all you need to know.
>>
I used to be really against music streaming, but my friend who works at Starbucks hooked me up with a 3 month free trial of Spotify (Guess some partnership between Spotify and Starbucks whatever) and after about 3 weeks, I fell in love with it. It's just so convenient having such quick and easy access to bands and artists' discographies. All the albums that people recommended to me in the past I was able to check out because there was no reason for me not to since it was just a few clicks away.

Only thing about Spotify Premium that I really say is worth it is no ads and hi-fi. Also for that $4.99 price you can't really go wrong.
>>
>>69065818
You missed the most important part, fucking music on your cellphone when travelling.
>>
File: 6god.jpg (32KB, 640x631px) Image search: [Google]
6god.jpg
32KB, 640x631px
People who rely on streaming? Do you even torrent anymore? Maybe only for the super rare, niche album?
>>
>>69065167
It's pretty good - you can get a few friends and get a family subscription and it becomes something like 2.50 a month.

Decent song selection, and their Discover Weekly station isn't that bad most weeks (made specific to you, so if you listen to shit music for a week, it'll rec shit music. Has new releases too in its Discover section, which is also nice.

apple music imo is only dope because of their radio station, but otherwise seems expensive af
>>
>>69065897
it has cut down my torrenting a lot, I only really download the occasional album from sharethreads or what if Spotify doesn't have it

really saves space on my laptop which is nice
>>
>>69065167
i use google play because i can upload my library to it and comes with youtube red so thats nice. the ui is downside, its clunky imo
>>
You do know you can use it for free also with comercials though? So you can see for yourself if it's worth paying.

It surprising has a lot of stuff, but not everything.
>>
>>69065699
Not really, I think they have radio stations not unlike pandora, and you can look up any public user-created playlist you want. I did make a bunch of playlists by genre to listen to though, and 99% of the time I just shuffle those (they only let you shuffle playlists on mobile i think)
>>
>>69065699
there are playlists that either you make or are premade or others have made (your friends can collab on a single playlist too)

as long as you have data or have the songs downloaded you can keep throwing songs on the queue

the download is a temporary spotify file, but allows u to listen to shit w/o data; you don't own the music or have the .mp3 file or anything
>>
>>69066425
you can shuffle on your computer too
>>
>>69065167
I highly recommend it. I usually use it to find new stuff, dl albums through wifi to listen to when I'm out. Their reccomendations through Discover, Daily Mix, and Discover Weekly are pretty spot on. I've found so much cool music. If I find an album I like, I'll download it elsewhere for pc. Don't have a portable player so this is handy. Plus most of my friends have Spotify so we can send each other stuff we like.
>>
>>69067099
For reference, I'm talking about using the mobile app
>>
>>69066885
Oh ya, sorry I meant you can only shuffle on mobile. Unless that's not the case somehow
>>
>>69067798
you can listen to albums and playlists in order on mobile if you pay for it
>>
>>69067864
I do pay for it. Guess i dunno how to configure that
>>
Let's follow eachother on spotify
>>
>>69065167
Not having to use itunes to listen to stuff on your computer makes it way better then apple music for me, besides that they pretty much have parity in terms of features, so go for spotify if you can get it for cheaper
>>
>>69065167
its fucking the best.
trust me lad, been using this shit for years. worth every cent.
even with catalogue holes (which are not nearly as big as people say) there's still enough material on there to make a backlog that will last you 3 lifetimes.
if you showed me spotify when i was 14 i would have killed a man for access to it.
>>
>>69066087
i think they're redoing the UI shortly, i read somewhere recently.
>>
>>69065446
this is my main problem with it
>>
The only problem I've ever ran into with Spotify is when a band or label doesn't want something on it. They got The Beatles and AC/DC a while back, still no Tool (band is anti-streaming) or Acid Bath (I believe Rotten Records doesn't allow their stuff on it)
>>
>Paying for Spotify when you can literally get premium for free
>>
>>69070932
lol dude you know how to fucking sell shit
>>
>>69065167
Of course it's worth it, it's so cheap.

I wouldn't make it your only library, but I don't see how anyone who loves music could not be interested in having immediate access to millions of albums.
>>
>>69071226
sells itself my man.
>>
Apple music is 10x better. Live 24/7 radio, the pandora like radio feature, unlimited music, music videos and featurettes, celebrity dj podcasts. Its basically like having pandora, xm radio, and the entire itunes library
>>
I use spotify but not premium
I have a hacked .apk to listen to music without getting interrupted by ads or to play the album in the order I wish on my phone
>>
>>69071439
>radio
>celebrities
>podcasts
all peripheral horseshit designed to appeal to fuckwits like yourself.
you didn't mention
>slowest UI known to man
>constantly being pushed and advertised pop albums on the dashboard of it
>>
>>69071470
I like the 'radio' feature because it has great dj sets. You are a fucking fag dude. The ui works perfectly on my phone, you must have a potato, and your taste in music must be shit because i have no pop recommendations on mine
>>
>>69071469
how did you do that
>>
>>69071562
didn't do much myself other than delete the original spotify app and install the "hacked"-app on my phone

this is the .apk you need to install(it's the newest version of the app): http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/pEPPeazi/file.html

if you want to check out the forum where I got it from: https://boerse.to/thema/spotify-music-premium.2025866/
you can go there to check if a new version is out twice a year or so
>>
>>69071680
seems like the version from the forum I posted was outdated

the newest version is always available from the dude who hacks it https://www.alphagamers.net/threads/spotify-music-ver-6-0-0-864-mod.198693/
>>
File: 1478297611101.jpg (812KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1478297611101.jpg
812KB, 1280x1920px
>>69065167
>Paying $120/year for something you don't own/having to deal with ads
>Buffering
>Need the Internet to listen to music
>Can only download a limited amount of songs from it
>Not having all of your favorite artists due to exclusivity deals

Reminder that streaming is retarded.
>>
>>69065167
It doesn't really have anything I like and listen to regularly. If you are into some popular genre's then sure I get it.
>>
>>69072479
kek literally none of that are true
>>
File: t45r37r45reytrfws.jpg (38KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
t45r37r45reytrfws.jpg
38KB, 413x395px
>spotify
>>
>>69072528
Spotify shill spotted. Gtfo.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.