[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please tell me a dumb opinion about music but sound smart doing it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1073.png (141KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1073.png
141KB, 500x375px
Please tell me a dumb opinion about music but sound smart doing it.
>>
File: Holly-Herndon-Supersonic.jpg (639KB, 1280x920px) Image search: [Google]
Holly-Herndon-Supersonic.jpg
639KB, 1280x920px
i gotchu
>>
>inb4 Scruffles quotes
>>
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
The way that Kanye West interpolate his genius phrases of pure ghetto philosophy mixed with political conscious that makes him the best songwriter in the last 50 years.
>>
>>69064218
/thread
>>
>>69064185

Hoo boy thats bad.
>>
>>69064218

That's a smart opinion that sounds dumb.
>>
>>69064185
>>69064368
nah it's actually fine and not bad in any way, and in fact you two are wrong and should be treated as such, which is condescendingly, since you are so wrong
>>
Music is objective.
>>
>>69064421
it's wrong and not wrong... it's an extension of human thought
>>
>Any fantano review about deathgrips
>>
>>69064439
Damn...
>>
>>69064421
Is this good or bad

"neither and both"

That is indefensible and you know it.
>>
File: IMG_1106.jpg (29KB, 436x337px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1106.jpg
29KB, 436x337px
>>69064444
1) check those quads 2) gimmie the quads
>>
>>69064175
>The way that Kanye West interpolate his genius phrases of pure ghetto philosophy mixed with political conscious that makes him the best songwriter in the last 50 years.
Well that just wrong
>>
>>69064439
>>69064475
actually you are each still incorrect, and in fact you are looking very foolish and fucking retarded for asserting your obviously incorrect opinions and should stop doing so since you already look so stupid and unaware of basic knowledge
>>
File: smart pepe.jpg (10KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
smart pepe.jpg
10KB, 225x224px
Music is an object
>>
File: 1432519592650.jpg (102KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1432519592650.jpg
102KB, 960x640px
>>69064599
>>
Post-rock is garbage. A genre invented by beta males pseudo-intellectuals that need some sort of validation in order to excuse their poor sex life and aesthetics. Post-rock is consisted of mindless guitar strumming and repetitive patterns that represent the mind-numbing lack of creativity of the musicians themselves. Most post-rock songs are usually exactly the same and always end up in a mentally challenged climax to relieve stress from the god-awful pain of listening to the same chords strummed over and over again, this is, the only climax post-rockers will ever experience in their life, of course.
>>
>>69064717
except this is true
>>
>>69064717
you forgot to add "nu-male" to your slew of buzzwords
>>
>>69064185
I feel like this is the opposite of what op asked for.
I agree with her, but she said it in such a overly pompous manner.

Just say ā€¯technology is just a tool, and doesn't make music inherently good or bad "
>>
>>69064475
No it's not. What's indefensible is believing that she should've said that technology in music is inherently good or bad, when we both know that it's entirely dependent on how it's used.
You're probably just disagreeing because she looks pretentious.
>>
Let me tell you something about "electronic" music. First and foremost, it is all so predictable. Nearly every producer out there is just writing 4/4 songs with a buildup and drop. Sure it's good for dancing, but it isn't the least bit intellectually stimulating.
Second, considering that electronic music is never created on a physical instrament [it is always digital] means that the music can be boiled down to a bunch of zeroes and ones. This incredibly inorganic method of creating music means that the sounds will sound drained of life. We can see this nowadays as songs are just bland rehashes of the past.
Third and finally, electronic music is typically played in a setting where people are tryna dance and drink and take drugs. This only serves to alienate the songs that are being played. Electronic music is created for an audience of drugged up sluts, and that means that the music is as cheap as they are.

All this adds up to a shitty methodology of creating music and stale genres and sounds the end.
>>
>>69064982
He asked for dumb opinions.
>>
>>69065073
I boil down "electronic" to shit ass club edm. This is narrow-minded and therefore dumb.
Can't believe I needed to explain it.
>>
>>69065096
>it isn't the least bit intellectually stimulating
>inorganic method of creating music means that the sounds will sound drained of life
>Electronic music is created for an audience of drugged up sluts, and that means that the music is as cheap as they are

I don't see the problem with these statements tbqh
>>
metal is objectively the best musical genre because it takes skills to to dem fast riffs
>>
>>69064901
No, i enjoy her music. I don't think she looks pretentious. But like I said- there is absolutely no reason to say something is not good or bad but "neither and both". No fucking point at all, it's meaningless padding. And furthermore every object or concept or quantifiable thing on earth is an extension of human thought in terms of art because art is the synthesis of reality through thought. So it's a dumb answer put in a dumb way
>>
>>69065222
I probably meant dispersion and not synthesis but fuck all of you check my trips
>>
Every rock subgenre as we know them belongs to progressive rock
>>
>>69064693
poenis
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.