[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

literally school shooter: the album why do we like it again, bros?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: Slint_-_Spiderland.jpg (66KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Slint_-_Spiderland.jpg
66KB, 300x300px
literally school shooter: the album

why do we like it again, bros?
>>
So is it Math rock or Post rock?
>>
>>69060297
Because we're on 4chan you genius
>>69060310
As a whole ot's mostly post-rock I'd say but it has distinct math rock parts too
>>
>>69060297
school shooters are cool desu

a lot cooler than just robbing the 7/11 for swisher sweets
>>
Give it my first listen yesterday, and totally agree
>>
>>69060297
>bros

DROPPED.
>>
>>69060310
post-hardcore, and an influence on what would become post-rock (essentially first-wave post-rock)
>>
>>69060385
do not call me a genius. i have a tested IQ of 97. i am not a genius.

>>69060437
i am sorry m'lady
>>
>>69060310
this >>69060457

it's basically post-hardcore with odd time signatures
>>
>>69060483
Well, it's a bit more than that, because the song structures are also more drawn out than typical post-hardcore. But they definitely have more in common with, say, Unwound than the crescendo-core, copious effects and varied instrumentation that would come to define post-rock.
>>
>>69060520
yeah, every 1st wave post-rock album can be classified as something else, it's more an umbrella term than an actual sound, unlike 3rd wave post-rock.
>>
>>69060474
>m'lady
DROPPED
>>
Not really school shooter music, but music for the beta that fantasizes about shooting up his school because he never gets laid but doesn't do it because he's too much of a failure to even do that so he spends the rest of his life making half-hearted suicide attempts.
>>
>>69060483
This is basically the definition of math rock at least the 90s with Polvo, Drive Like Jehu and Chavez
>>69060520
Post-Rock was kind of different in the 90s, we had jazzy instrumental ambient stuff like Tortoise, weird folky art rock like Gastr del Sol and shoegazey drone-psych pop like stereolab, it's really hard to define it as a genre
>>
Can some one dump the school shooter core chart?
If you got a sucide chart dump that too
>>
>>69060751
Basically /mu/.
>>
>>69060802
>it's really hard to define it as a genre
Which is why I would agree with >>69060562

Stereolab and Tortoise have much more in common with krautrock than with GY!BE or Explosions in the Sky, and Slint is the same with post-hardcore.

First wave is better defined as a wave of artists who approached rock music differently to other artists in their time, but without having much common ground between themselves either. It didn't emerge from a specific scene, and the sound was varied, so I don't see how it could realistically be called a genre in itself. It's a bunch of artists who had nothing to do with each other but happened to be an influence to later artists who were similar.
>>
>>69060310
slowcore tbqh
>>
File: filosofem.jpg (204KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
filosofem.jpg
204KB, 1000x1000px
>>69060297
>literally school shooter: the album
that's not this
>>
>>69060520
Well, Unwound never drop precise song structures tho, minus for some post-rock stuff on Leaves
>>
File: musuicide.jpg (3MB, 2400x4992px) Image search: [Google]
musuicide.jpg
3MB, 2400x4992px
>>69060844
>>
>>69062423
Well, that was my point. They sound more like Unwound but with slightly longer/more drawn out structure than they do crescendo core (or third wave post-rock, whatever you want to call it). The structure is the only difference with Unwound, but they have similar dynamics and sonic qualities. Slint is the language of post-hardcore used to make more ambitious songs. But GY!BE and EitS, for example, have a much different sonic palette despite having a similar approach to structure.

But, for the sake of argument, Unwound did have songs like Valentine Card and the drone tracks at the end of The Future of What
>>
>>69062587
>Marijuana Overdose
Fucking what.
>>
>>69060751
>because he never gets laid

The first song is about a dude fucking a woman he just met.

Fuck this board and its idiocy.
>>
>>69062587
Why isn't Deloused drug overdose?
>>
>>69060409

underrated post
>>
>>69060751
delete this
>>
>>69063526
the whole albums about a dude dying of an OD.
>>
>>69063699
That's why I'm asking why it's not in one of the overdose sections
>>
>>69063710
oh. well, the answer is because it's shit.
>>
>>69062587
>itaots
>falling from a structure
>>
>>69060310
Not Math Rock except for very few moments.
Post Rock for less than half of the recording
Post Hardcore for the rest
>>
>>69062587
ape of naples really ought to be falling from a tall structre, given that that's literally how john balance died
>>
>>69060297

Because it's not literally school shooter: the album and it's really neato sounding.
>>
>>69062587
I'm all in on wrist cut core.
>>
>>69063749
But that's just wrong
>>
I listen to this album and tweez almost every day in school throughout the day. I love walking through the hallways mid existential crisis and looking at all the people around me with Slint in the background. [spoiler] i wish i had never been born happy people aren't allowed to like slint [/spoiler]
>>
>>69065785
Spoilers don't work on this board i look like a fucking fool huh.
>>
>>69065810
the spoilers are the least of your worries in that regard
>>
>>69060297
because we can't all be as shallow as you in regards to music appreciation

seriously. if you dismiss music for any superficial petty reason like that, you can just eat turds for breakfast in hell.
>>
>>69060297
I wish this album hadn't been memed so hard last year. Every time I come to /mew/ now I see it being picked on somehow. The only people who genuinely dislike it are contrarian memebois.
>>
>>69061043
>Stereolab and Tortoise have much more in common with krautrock than with GY!BE or Explosions in the Sky, and Slint is the same with post-hardcore.

this answer was brought to you by actually listening to music and not just using it as an accessory.

simply simple stuff here....
>>
>>69063526
I was wondering that the other day.
In the beginning of the story of the album, Taxt thinks about jumping off a bridge over traffic or something.
>>
>>69060562
This is why 1st wave will always be best wave
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.