[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

XTC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 220px-XTC_Drums_and_Wires.jpg (13KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-XTC_Drums_and_Wires.jpg
13KB, 220x220px
What does mu think of them where they just a little ahead of their time?
>>
The best British Pop band since the Beatles
>>
So sad they didn't get the recognition they deserved.
>>
>>69059991
These guys were the absolute embodiment of New Wave.

I personally prefer OP's pic related to anything else in their catalogue for one particular reason - the guitar playing. These guys were fucking guitar wizards, with that rhythm+lead dual guitar hybrid and melodic bass.

It's almost a shame their better known records are those where they mostly abandoned guitars and went full synth.
>>
Go 2 is underrated
>>
XTC never put out a bad record.
>>
I do think the thought "are they ahead of their time" or "are they underrated" is so over talked about, but its still true

>>69060154
this, listen to "Yacht Dance" (not D&W but still) and try to play that riff, its pretty tough
>>
>>69059991
Are XTC borderline /mu/core now? It seems everyone here loves them, they just rarely talk about them.
>>
Duke of Stratofear > Apples Venus 1 >> Skylarking >>> the rest
it took me years to stand Partridge's insufferable voice.
>>
File: Dukes of Stratosphear.jpg (168KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
Dukes of Stratosphear.jpg
168KB, 640x627px
>>69059991
The Dukes of Stratosphear is probably the best side project of all time
>>
>>69060322
yeah
>>
xtc is fucking good
classic

living through another cuba is my favorite
>>
>>69059991
Has anyone heard the news that Colin's recording an EP with Terry on drums? Andy's tweeted about it a couple of times, and I'm pretty hyped for it.
>>
>>69060216
Or try following along to Jason and the Argonauts on guitar. Great song, reminds me a bit of the more adventurous tracks on Pet Sounds.
>>
I love them but this song is embarrassing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk41Gbjljfo
>>
>>69060818
Nah, it's a good song, it's just lyrically a bit obvious and a bit weak, but even Andy admits that. Musically it's great though.
>>
File: Black Sea.jpg (309KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Black Sea.jpg
309KB, 1400x1400px
Favourite XTC albums?
>>
>>69060167
you're right

all of them were mediocre
>>
>>69059991
Man I love XTC. Plans for Nigel was my shit growing up. Any other XTC singles that were really good?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXNhL4J_S00
>>
>>69062941
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Da9sc6YDBo

Mayor Of Simpleton is their GOAT song. You literally cannot refute this.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.