[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (112KB, 736x1129px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 736x1129px
Why doesn't anyone talk about this man, Glenn Danzig? Is it because of his overt machoism? Is it because he's king manlet at a staggering 5'3"? Is it because he got knocked out by a land whale on camera? Is it because heavy metal just wasn't hip with the vapid grunge listening mainstream of the 90s? I just don't get it; everything this man has done from 1977-1994 is pure gold. Everything from his career with the Misfits through Danzig IV (especially Samhain) is amazing.
>>
>>69058745
>his overt machoism wasn't hip with the vapid grunge listening mainstream of the 90s
he couldn't be relevant in a culture that promoted being a whiny limp-wristed junkie
>>
>>69058969

Never put the two together like that...makes perfect sense, anon.
>>
File: Henry Rollins.jpg (16KB, 236x329px) Image search: [Google]
Henry Rollins.jpg
16KB, 236x329px
>>69058745
Who would've won in a fight between peak Danzig and peak Rollins?
>>
>>69059047
they're both rumored to be shit at fighting, so I guess Hank would win simply because he's bigger
>>
File: 1476916446242.jpg (97KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476916446242.jpg
97KB, 600x600px
>>69059047
Rollins, no doubt.
>>
>>69059047
they'd end up fucking
>>
>>69059047

I want to say Danzig because of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVX5XHI3dRc

But with that being said, I doubt Glenn took it very far and I'm pretty sure Henry is borderline crazy. I'd rather fight Danzig than Henry.

>>69059117

also this
>>
>>69059117
Seriously the best ship of the punk scene.
>>
>>69059176
Didn't Glenn get quite pissy about that, but Henry was cool with it? I don't know which response more obviously shows their hidden gay feelings.
>>
>>69058745

i was surprised to find out he wrote all the songs for the misfits, samhain and danzig
>>
>>69058745
Does anyone know what the best way of getting the Misfits discography is? I mean with the least amount of Danzig guitar overdubbing and editing. Their discography is such a confusing mess.
>>
>>69059214

He's easily one of the most underrated /mu/sicians, everything sounds so uniquely his

>>69059230

just cover your bases, get Static Age, Walk Among Us, Earth AD then get the compilations/live albums/bootlegs if you really want every song...I'd get Legacy of Brutality, Evilive, Walk Among Us (Lost Plan 9 version), Box Set (Still missing tracks), but I'm definitely not the most knowledgeable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>69059184
Henry said something like "Glenn's gonna be so mad when he sees this"
>>
In misfits and samhain he was crazy af, when he went solo he made dem sweet sad songs like blood and tears
also I like blackacidevil seriously why it's considered bad at all
>>
/mu/ loves dated buttrock now?
>>
>>69059230
>Their discography is such a confusing mess.
as much of a shithead jerry only is, you can thank him for getting static age released in its proper form. the collections/overdub bullshit was all glenn's idea
>>
>>69059803

YES 5 IS REALLY GOOD

>7th House (even w/ dem lyrics)
>See All You Were
>Deeper
>Come to Silver (the feels)
>Hand of Doom
>Power of Darkness
>Ashes (the feels x2)
>Don't be Afraid (so catchy)
>>
>>69059830

>music
>being dated
>buttrock

Dank maymays
>>
is there more music that sounds like the old version of 'she' from 1978 or whenever i love that track alot
>>
While I don't care for anything GD did after The Misfits anybody who likes cats can't be all bad.
>>
Best post Misfits/Samhain Danzig video coming thru.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q3qPuF7FUc
>>
>>69059230
>Their discography is such a confusing mess
Totally agree with you, and the compilations doesn't make things better.
When you first listen to it, try to separate the era (psychobilly, punk and hardcore).

I know they kinda reject this record, but I'd suggest you to start with 12 Hits From Hell, then the LPs (Static Age, Walk Among Us, Earth AD). Avoid the rest until you're familiar enough with the band.

Getting into The Misfits is totally worth it, they are the best punk band along with Bad Brains.
>>
>>69060183

Samhain is literally the Misfits after puberty, balls dropped and all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wKah0qgDAY
>>
>>69060230
>Avoid the rest until you're familiar enough with the band.
The Graves stuff is a fine entrypoint as well.
>>
LITTLE ANGELFUCK I SEE YOU GOING DOWN ON A FIREPLUG

glenn is the man, from his b-grade crooner punk to his bluesy metal. this thread reminds me, i haven't listened to samhain in years.
>>
>>69059230
start from walk among us, it's their more classic record. If you want it HARDER go to earth A D if you like it catchy go to static age.
This is all if you just want to get into them without going crazy
>>
I think late Danzig is a little depressing, he could have pushed his thing further, do big thing, but instead he just wasted his time with half-assed projects.

>>69059803
do you know lord of acid? it's probably the main influence on blackacidevil.
>>
>>69060230

not sure if I'd call Static Age/Legacy of Brutality Psychobilly
>>
>>69060239
I don't know, I never listened to the Graves stuff and I don't plan to do it.
>>
>>69060315
It's not full-on punk yet either.
>>
>>69060328
Depends on what you're into the Misfits for. It doesn't have the same gloomy 50s aesthetic as the Danzig stuff but delivers catchy schlocky punk songs about horror movies and continues where they were going instrumentally with Earth AD. Just think of it as Sabbath's Dio material to Danzig's Ozzy, not really the same band but fuck it, it's good.
>>
>>69058745
>manlet
yeah, 5'10 is manlet, 5'3 is god damn fucking dwarf
>>
>>69060299

I don't think it was really up to him, Rick Rubin was really the only one pulling for him during the grunge days and wouldn't let him experiment at all. That's why we saw slight experimentation on IV before the original lineup disbanded and him going off the wall on V after he left the label. Between him literally grinding for years to end up at the worst possible decade for a dying breed along with the band mates not agreeing with a radically different direction was just a recipe for disaster.
>>
File: sad-child-portrait.jpg (376KB, 1920x1271px) Image search: [Google]
sad-child-portrait.jpg
376KB, 1920x1271px
frankly he bores the fuck out of me. nothing about his personality, or his music, his message, his outlook, his style, etc... is interesting to me

if you want me to be 100% honest i think hes really unintelligent and fucking delusional and a shit person.
>>
>>69060299
I don't know about it I'll give it a shot
>>
>>69060433
I don't know, I can't help but think that he could have chosen other roads instead going for the shitty groove metal. Maybe ditch metal for goth rock or something.

I remember reading an interview of Tommy Victor where he says that Glenn spent more money of his comics things than on the production of circle of snakes at that time.

He went bad not only because he lost his producer and label or because he was stuck in the wrong era, he also made unfortunate choices.
Well, I still think he is the shit anyway.
>>
>>69060676

>maybe ditch groove metal for goth rock

I fucking wish, so much untapped potential in the 4p sound

>I read...

Did not know that, pretty fucking shitty.
>>
>>69060823
>CAN'T SPEAK
>>
>>69059184
Yeah Henry thought it was funny.
>>
>>69058745
He started a hugely influential Punk band whose output consisted entirely of spelling out the plots to B-Movies.
He then started a less influential Punk band that most people forgot about.
He then started a pretty cool band who had a really good debut album that I was really into when I was 14.

He has one of the best voices in music ever and stylistically he contributed a lot more to contemporary music than he's given credit for, but otherwise his entire career ranges from pretty good to below average.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.