[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is music as a whole getting happier and lighter in tone as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 14

Is music as a whole getting happier and lighter in tone as a whole? I see nothing but overly saccharine, feel good stuff now. Where's the edge? It's like everyone is avoiding endgy stuff because it's become a meme.
>>
They hide edge behind irony (see: Ariel Pink, Tim Heidecker, MDE...)

Also expect Dead Kennedys and Reagan Youth 2.0 with the orange man in the white house
>>
this years edgelord award probably goes to The Body
>>
>>69051518

there's no edge left in punk, it's become a pussified safespace
>>
>>69051560
This
Look at Glam, ACxDC, fucked up, etc.
>>
>>69051518
to be punk now you have to be on the alt-right
>>
>>69051560
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcYeRPtWi7A
Published on Jan 8, 2016
>>
>>69051560
>Mfw dumbasses think punk was always shitty edgy punk.
Absolutely wrong because it's always been about anarchy and sticking it to the man
>>
>>69051560
>>69051591
>we stand for capitalism and fascistic conformism. look how anti establishment we are! you all need to grow a thicker skin and stop whining, you're infringing on my first amendment libertarian road rights - HEY DID YOU JUST EXPRESS A LEFTIST OPINION WHAT ARE YOU A KEK REEEEEE
>>
>>69051591
have you ever met someone who identified as a part of any punk subculture
>>
>>69051633
Yes I have a few friends who were punks in the 80's, why do you ask?
>>
>>69051628
You hit the nail on the head anon. People think their reinstatement of dominant cultural ideology is "anti-establishment". Punk has always had a left-wing, anti-bigotry message. When has punk ever been about bigotry? Maybe I've just been listening to the wrong punk this whole time
>>
>>69051633
He's obviously lying
>>
>>69051661
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fe9XfHML1k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuDx6_PLIVk
>>
>>69051661
>>69051628
haha look at this echochamber.
Thanks for confirming my opinion
when everyone agrees with you, you aren't saying anything
sorry but punk has never been about cuckodry

>leftshits made they're establishment now
>leftshits made their culture got comercializzed and intergrated in society thus becoming normal
sucking cocks and other degeneracy are par for the course
>>
>>69051710
>satire

also even if it was sincere that still doesn't equate to /pol/'s utopian vision of a society where degenerates are gassed. degenerates are punk
>>
>>69051710
neither of those are pro-right, pro-fascist, or anti-minority songs
>>
>>69051661
apparently somebody was doing it for them to write this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MkRuV0aCcI
>>
>>69051661

Once the anti-bigots became the authoritarians I became disillusioned to their bullshit. They're the fascists they claim to hate so much.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 989x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 989x576px
>>69051720
>democrat liberals
>leftists

Americans

I'm sure anarchism is a totally redpilled right wing ideology too, right? And not something made up by Bakunin? Because based crowder and milo said so
>>
>>69051741
he could have posted screwdriver or something what a cuck
>>
>>69051720
how's high school going for you

>>69051647
sure you do anon
>>
>>69051710
Thanks for proving my points even further
The first song is written in a sarcastic tone.
The second song is about how despite benefiting from white privilege, MacKaye has never been a racist, and even actively speaks out against racism
>>
>>69051710
>being this fucking dense
>>
>>69051755
You had a defensive victim complex just like them. You're terrified of getting called out on your own shit so you jump ship the moment criticism is reflected towards straight white males
>>
>>69051741
the contention was about bigotry and in an extreme perspective I think they apply

white minority is self-explanatory I think and minor threat is resentful enough to get in that general area I think. I guarantee that was an anthem for at least some skin heads.
>>
>>69051755
Even at their *most* authoritarian, left-wingers aren't fucking fascists. Like that's the whole point of left-wing ideology. If you seriously think the Clintons are legit "fascists" you have a bad case of firstworldproblemitis. You probably think your parents are fascists for making you clean your room.
>>
>>69051720
>cuckodry
>Mentioning cuckoldry in the first place
>Everyone is a cuck but me that's why I'm obsessed with the term and fetish and call other people cucks xd

>>leftshits made they're establishment now
Wronger than ever given the choices of the government
>>
>>69051775
>The first song is written in a sarcastic tone.
I don't think so at all unless there's some lyrics I'm forgetting. However declaring any race a minority isn't inherently bigoted although celebrating it is but i'd have to check the lyrics. Like I said from an extreme perspective. Art by nature is most often left open to interpretation.
>>
>>69051790
> I think and minor threat is resentful enough to get in that general area I think.
Wrong.

http://www.dementlieu.com/users/obik/arc/blackflag/int_ripper6.html
>The idea behind it is to take somebody that thinks in terms of ‘White Minority’ as being afraid of that, and make them look as outrageously stupid as possible.

>Adding to the irony, original frontman Keith Morris had just quit the band and this song was sung by Ron Reynes, who is of Puerto Rican descent.

You're stupid.
>>
>>69051794

By shutting down dissenting opinion, no matter how benign, their tactics and mindset are indeed authoritarian.
>>
>>69051761
I don't care about your commie definitions. I'm using the American version of terms, and the left here are liberals. Why you would think I would consider anarchism to be right is baffling and I don't care to learn why. I'll just assume you're 13 and prone to non sequiturs and baseless assumptions

mckill yourself
>>
>>69051823
if you knew absolutely anything about the scene black flag was a part of you wouldn't in your right mind say white minority is "open to interpretation"
>>
>>69051823
see
>>69051832

>It should be noted that this song is written in a sarcastic tone, but is modeled on the societal idea of “whiteness”. In “Colorless All-Color”: Notes on White Culture", Adam Cornford describes ‘whiteness’:

"whiteness is a complex of unquestionable (because invisible) assumptions, behavioral norms, and power relations reproduced by and within all the major institutions of US society: the workplace, the school, the mall and other shopping/consumption sites, the private automobile/highway system, the suburb of detached single family houses, and of course the mass media. All these institutions teach possessive individualism; anxious competitiveness; rigid emotional control through “niceness”; narrow or instrumental rationality; ready acceptance of isolation, boredom, and meaninglessness; the sacrifice of a lifetime for merchandise and security."
>>
>>69051837
>I'm using the American version of terms, and the left here are liberals.
weak bait
>>
>>69051856
whatever keep your inane outburst to a minimum and comeback when you have something to say instead of spouting memes
>>
>>69051836
Lmao fascism is not to be debated, it is to be destroyed.
Opinions hat simply won't respect other's existence and freedoms are to be destroyed, no matter how nice they may be said.
>>
>>69051841
>>69051847
to each their own. I'm strongly opposed to artistic intent.

>sung by Ron Reynes, who is of Puerto Rican descent.
yeah celebrating whites being a minority
>>
File: laughing bitches.jpg (626KB, 1525x1946px) Image search: [Google]
laughing bitches.jpg
626KB, 1525x1946px
>>69051755
>itt libtards get told
>triggering and cognitive dissonance ensues
>>
>>69051911
>Opinions hat simply won't respect other's existence and freedoms are to be destroyed
Wow, a genuine example of irony.
>>
>>69051912
>yeah celebrating whites being a minority
You're fucking stupid.
Greg Ginn (who is white) wrote the song.

And why are you scared of "whites being a minority"? Scared of getting a taste of your own medicine?
>>
>>69051895
>instead of spouting memes

calling people a cuck isn't a meme now. bravo illiterate
>>
>>69051972
see what I mean?

I rest my case. This conversation is over.
>>
>>69051970
>Wow, a genuine example of irony.
>These evil reverse bigots won't let me sayor do whatever bullshit I want without any consequences or criticisms to my words waaaaa
>>
>>69051972
>Greg Ginn (who is white) wrote the song.
It's called self-hate/white guilt i.e. bigotry
>>
>>69051978
>see what I mean?
Hell yeah I see what you mean.
I don't understand why other white people would be scared to "be a minority now" unless it's what I said above.
>>
>>69051993
Settle down, I don't care about your political posturing.
>>
>>69052019
It clearly explains it in the song.
>>
>>69052019
>white genocide is ok because their white ancestors did it to us first.
>>
File: reaper.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
reaper.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>69052013
>It's called self-hate/white guilt i.e. bigotry
>White people who support policies to further racial equality is "self hate" or "guilt" and "bigotry".
LMAO this bait is so juicy.
>>
/mu/ is still a pretty shit board. I've never participated in threads much just because of the amount of unfunny ironic pieces of shit come on here. I'd much rather talk about music to my friends than anyone on here.

Having said that, I've definitely found a shit ton of good music from this board so I'm thankful for that at least.
>>
>>69052065
That song is absolutely not about racial equality.
>>
>>69051495
Those in the market for new music have become effeminate and mediocre thanks to the "like or ignore" binary options social media gave us. They need unconditional positivity as a baseline and will exile the one's that attempt to improve people with criticism.
>>
>>69051895
Please seek professional help. You are insane.
>>
>>69052051
Yeah and you clearly didn't listen to any of it

>>69052052
>Le white genocide meme
White people are not a race. If white people means European than they are very diverse. There are white Finns or white Americans or white Russians.
> is ok because their white ancestors did it to us first.
Quote to me where I ever said that.
You really tried it.
>>
>>69052019

>getting attacked solely because of your race is ok if you're white

it's already happening and nobody says anything because its seen as some kind of sick act of righteous justice
>>
>>69052065
unless by equality you mean this
>>69052052
>>
>>69052052
where's the white genocide
>>
>>69052078
yeah i agree
>>
>>69052080
>That song is absolutely not about racial equality.
Reread what my replies and gain some reading comprehension.
>>
>>69052107
see
>>69052106

>it's already happening
[Credible citations needed] and people fighting against people that hate them is totally okay in my book.
>>
>>69052132
replies? I'm replying to that specific post. That song is not about racial equality unless you mean an eye for an eye.
>>
>>69051720
>two people agree
>echochamber
>>
>>69052117
>>69052154
white children under 5 have been a minority for 2 years now. Assuming genocide was meant as hyperbole. However thats not what the songs specifically about anyway.
>>
>>69052154

>and people fighting against people that hate them is totally okay in my book.

So attacking random strangers because your professors told you that all of them are secretly racist and hate you is ok?
>>
Oh god this thread is salty.

In reality, punk is dead. Maybe the fans and some of the music remain, but the entire anti-establishment ideology they held went with them down the drain when the Democrats gained power. The real "counterculture" of today is ironically "pro-culture" and nationalism. Liberalism already has its grasp on the world and it's finally losing itself. Everywhere you go online or outside liberals and "punks" are becoming what they despised, the real "hate" force. They monopolize on personal opinion. They berate those who disagree. They mock anyone who advocates for real normalcy and cultural equality and their censoring efforts are conspiring a great new wave of conservatism. The real next movement will be right wing whether we like that or not and our musical ideologies will coincide with it (which in an artistic sense is detrimental to music but it's gonna happen nonetheless).
>>
there's like 5 people discussing the same things in 3 nearly identical threads that derailed in slightly different ways
>>
>>69052108
see
>>69052106

>>69052114
It absolutely isn't
It's a social status wearying over historic periods and societies. It's purpose is to create hierachy that grants supremacy to those that fit the criteria. It is not a culture, heritage, or identity.
>>
>>69052167
>white children under 5 have been a minority for 2 years now.
Okay?
>>
>>69051755
>don't call people "nigger"
>WAHHHHH STOP OPPRESSING ME
>>
>>69052207
just answering the question/request for citation

which I didn't technically provide but still
>>
>>69052175
>So attacking random strangers because your professors told you that all of them are secretly racist and hate you is ok?
[Citation to where I ever said that]
>>
>>69052213
>Niggers and the american education system do not mix well.
I'm not black to begin with.
Why do you think Anglo-Saxon Protestants looked down at the Irish Catholics in a class sense and an ethnic sense?
>inb4 white Irish people aren't white xd
Seriously.
>>
File: image.jpg (314KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
314KB, 1200x900px
>>69052213
>American education system
>good
>>
>>69051809
>Wronger than ever given the choices of the government
Guys now that trump is president leftist ideals are no longer going to be in every facet of government. No longer will schools all the way to college be liberal indoctrination camps. Infact all those profossores with tenure are going to quit, and the gender study departments are going to be closed. All the mandatory anti-racist and anti-bias classes for all staff, gone. done.

And the president? He totally won't be henpecked into oblivion by all the salty lefties. the entire time.

fuck off donald trump supported shit like gay marriage he's one of yours.
>>
>>69052222
Yeah but that's not "genocide".
>>
>>69052220

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R6dzZdceT4
>>
>>69052250
>Why do you think Anglo-Saxon Protestants looked down at the Irish Catholics in a class sense and an ethnic sense?
That's very antiquated. I haven't seen a single thing to indicate this in well over 50 years and even then was just a remnant of a century ago. Disagreements over the specifics of the denomination are all that I've ever heard.

but yes a century ago there was a significant backlash for among other reasons their refusal to use birth control
>>
>>69052266
well yeah I was just answering for that person but like I said its not what the songs about anyway so i think its still pertinent.
>>
File: bear.png (80KB, 540x378px)
bear.png
80KB, 540x378px
>>69052251
>>
File: question cat.png (325KB, 382x417px) Image search: [Google]
question cat.png
325KB, 382x417px
I feel like we've veered off from the real issue here:

Who more punk? The alt-right or the regressive left?
>>
>>69052263
>College is librul "indoctrination camps".
Guess I know who didn't go to college.

>fuck off donald trump supported shit like gay marriage he's one of yours.
Boo hoo he won't kill gay people
>>
>>69052296
Okay then what's the song about?
>>
>>69052307
well the alt right just outsmarted itself since the rnc chair just got appointed chief of staff

I fuckin told em this was gonna happen
>>
>>69052328
white minority

although I forgot the the song does actually end with "we're all gonna die"
>>
>>69052286
I'm proving my point made in
>>69052194

Xenophobia also contributed to discrimination of other white people entering the country.
>>
>>69052315
his vice president literally wants to and has enacted bills to do that exact thing. He yanked funding from aids treatment and diverted it to reprogramming gays to be straight
>>
>>69052304
>he white race does exist. It is scientifically backed up.
[Nothing to back it up] *gets assmad so resorts to ad hominem*
>>
>>69052344
well yeah as I recall the Wig Party or whatever it was called was actually formed around that idea or it at least got its momentum from that. Then I think they actually became the republicans or something? I dunno
>>
>>69052361
All humans who come from the Caucasoid race including some north african are the white race, personally I only consider white anglo saxon and scandi's white. no slavs. no sand coons. no curry niggers. no Spaniards.
>>
>>69052360
Thanks anon.
I take what I said back.
http://www.hrc.org/blog/reports-of-anti-lgbtq-extremists-tapped-for-major-roles-on-president-elect
>>
>>69052374
I disagree in that there are hispanic caucasoids and hispanic mongoloids aka mestitizo or whatever
>>
>>69052315
Not him, but it really depends where you go; my college is in a liberal city and we have Marxist clubs, the Muslim Student Association apparently controls much of the student government, pro-Israel students are harassed, the administration literally tried to create a safe space complete with a newly hired psychologist after the election, and recently, someone burned the American flag and hung it in front of the college's newspaper office. You'll literally be lynched and ostracized if you're anything other than progressive left here.
>>
>>69051495
>Is music as a whole getting happier and lighter in tone as a whole? I see nothing but overly saccharine, feel good stuff now. Where's the edge? It's like everyone is avoiding endgy stuff because it's become a meme.
>autism ensues
>>
>>69052374
[Nothing to back it up]
At least show data and credible citations.
>The term has been used in biological anthropology for many people from these regions, without regard necessarily to skin tone.
>First introduced in early racial science and anthropometry, the term denoted one of the three purported major races of humankind (Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid)
LOL
>>
>>69052390
No shit, but they have a more southern european hertage and catholic. I don't include them. I know hispanics is just a culture, and that any race could fall under that label -- but when i said no Spaniards they were lumped in too.

If any white hispanics want to convert to a white protestant culture then perhaps they might be allowed in
>>
>>69052396
>You'll literally be lynched
Sure man.
Honestly I don't care if someone burns a piece of cloth that was made in China. I find it offensive for whoever had to toil making them.
>>
>>69052425
yeah and?

for example

caucasoid > white > aryan
caucasoid > hispanic > I dunno
mongoloid > hispanic > mesitizo
>>
>>69052425
>I have no idea purport means
LMAO
>>
>>69052078
this
>>
>>69052427
>I know hispanics is just a culture
no thats latino and it has to do with geography more specifically

hispanic describes physical traits
>>
>>69052460
no Hispanics according to the U.S. government is simply a person with origin in a latin American country, including spain, excluding brazil
>>
Artistically inclined folks tend to be left/liberal, for pretty obvious reasons, so we can expect more angst now that Trump has been elected. As has been said.
>>
>>69052478
>no Hispanics according to the U.S.government
what where? either way they're wrong. thats latino. If not then wtf is latino?
>>
>>69052472
>YOU GOT BTFO
Damn you got me!!
People from the Caucasus are Indo-Iranian.
>If white is associated with supremacy is black associated with being subservient?
>Tfw you've never picked up an American history book.
That's clearly what you associate it with.
>>
>>69052493
The term hispanic is only really used by America, and they use it for the census. It doesn't describe physical traits at all. I more or less gave the official census definition but I might have paraphrased a bit. look it up. Latino and Hispanic are used interchangeably depending on the region of the country. Hispanic is more official, but most census have Hispanic/Latino and then for white people they have "white(non hispanic)" so white hispanics don't get confused.
>>
Health is pretty unironically edgy
>>
>>69051661
punk is historically anti-authoritarian, not necessarily anti-bigotry
>>
>>69052493
Honestly that's the government.
Not people.
Latino is people from Latin American countries. Even Brazil.
Hispanic is Spanish speaking.

I hope this is self explanatory.
>>
>>69052525
so the contention is that hispanic and latino mean the same thing? Then thats a literal waste i.e. wrong. Not that I'm particularly concerned but whichever.
>>
>>69052544
This

next thing they're going to say skin heads in england weren't punk. I think Nationalism in an era when everyone is a globalist anarchist fuckwit is as punk as it gets.
>>
>>69051794
fascism is authoritarianism, and left wing isn't diametrically opposed to authoritarianism
>>
>>69052551
Honestly, you're fucking retarded to try and dismiss the actual definition of the term with "that's just the government" when the term Hispanic is used nowhere else, but America. And America brought it out of fucking antiquity when no one was using it, anywhere. Hispanic is an American word now, sorry.
>>
>>69052551
>Latino is people from Latin American countries. Even Brazil.
>Hispanic is Spanish speaking.
which is basically the same thing which again is a literal waste i.e. wrong

yeah brazilians speak portugese we don't need a whole other demographic term to describe that
>>
>>69052557
They were punk.
>I think Nationalism in an era when everyone is a globalist anarchist fuckwit is as punk as it gets.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinheads_Against_Racial_Prejudice
>However, in the late 1970s, a skinhead revival in the UK included a sizable white nationalist faction, involving organizations such as the National Front, British Movement, Rock Against Communism and in the late eighties Blood and Honor. Because of this, the mainstream media began to label the whole skinhead identity as neo-fascist. This new white power skinhead movement then spread to other countries, including the United States.
Kek
>Muh globalism
Your "evul globalism" is already in place.
The world is already a mishmash of cultures, since exchange happens daily through technology, speaking, etc.
>>
>>69052580
and we were first to land on the moon

USA USA USA USA
>>
>>69052544
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs_Q4hEqmA
>>
I actually just met Jello in Austin last week

I feel like I've gone to another level now that I got to chant Pol Pot
>>
>>69052597
>Only the west.
Like cultural exchanges don't happen all over the world.
In Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, etc.
>>
>>69052591
>necessarily
>>
>>69052574
>left wing isn't diametrically opposed to authoritarianism
Incorrect. Socialism is deeply seeded with the leftwing. and socialism is far more easily susceptible to fascism.

the right is fundamentally opposed to fascism. Most people on the right are libertarians in that they want as small government as possible.
We want as little as possible other people telling us what to do. The left is dependent on government and can't get off its tit.

So, plese, tell me how the left is not more facist.

This shit comes down to:

Who wants to be left alone by the authority more?

The left? Who wants to do away with guns, states rights?

don't make me laugh, you sheep are knocking on tyrannies doorstep all the time. You even wanted to vote in the most establishment of establishment people in history to the highest position in the land. Seriously give me a break LOL
>>
>>69052627
Not necessarily, but on balance, punk tends to be anti-bigotry by virtue of being anti-authoritarian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOCWma5vOiQ
>>
>>69052590
Hey, you said it, not me. Sorry my culture has influenced yours so much you don't even know the origin of the words you are using.

I think foreigners from the turd-world should embrace the civilized world more. You're welcome.
>>
>>69052438
You might not be lynched but you'll definitely be accosted, harassed, and mobbed to some degree, and definitely ostracized if they find out who you are. Also, protests took place around every three weeks or so even before Trump caused the meltdown of the left, something my college has participated in since the 1960's when it was all the rage. I was also forced to take a course partially about Mexican illegal immigration and why it's unequivocally good. The college has a "pluralism and diversity" element to its core requirements, and there's a mandatory women's studies course requirement if you don't take biology, which is the local weed out course/GPA killer. What I'm trying to say is that the "college=liberal indoctrination camp" isn't completely false because quite a few colleges in the city are also like this. It makes me wonder if there's a conservative equivalent out there; I'm not sure religious schools count.
>>
File: tumblr_oaajeeBE921tb18n1o1_400.jpg (17KB, 398x370px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oaajeeBE921tb18n1o1_400.jpg
17KB, 398x370px
>>69052629
>he actually thinks the left-right dichotomy is a thing that exist in the real world
>and then he built an entire argumentation system around it

holy fucking shit this is so good dude.
Before writing full paragraphs on political ideologies, maybe type "political compass" into google search
>>
>>69052685
words change
>>
>>69052629
this was meant for >>69051794
quoted wrong person
>>
>>69052712
you mean to abandon the use for races/racial definitions?
>>
>>69052730
who implied or even hinted at that? Apart from being ignorant of the terms you use, you're incapable of following a string of conversation. I'm out of here, speaking with turd-world people is boring when their education is this bad.
>>
>>69052758
>Apart from being ignorant of the terms you use
again, words change.

well I would ask you to explain what you were talking about but whatever.
>>
>>69052755
But there's just one thing
You see we never ever do nothing
Nice and easy
>>
>>69052781
except this word hasn't changed, you're simply saying a nebulous statement. I've lived in latin America, no on refers to themselves as Hispanic. Spainards, hate the word hispanic or don't understand it. So that leaves only America, where I gave the definition of the word and you refuse to accept it for no real good reason at all, except for "I was wrong so let me pretend like my definition is valid too instead of accepting the fact that I was mistaken."
>>
>>69052360

While we're at it your post inspired something that was actually related to the topic of the thread.

Namely, that there is a huge untapped potential for being an edgelord in music in Christianity. Usually Christian rock is complete faggotry but I have actually imagined extremely disorienting edgy music with lyricism completely derived from the King James Bible which rants about how awesome it is that homosexuals will burn in hell until the end of time. An extremist Christian concept album where gruesome punishment is described in vivid detail for various types of Reprobate would be awesome. It would also cause a shitload of fucking buttblisters, the prime and only goal of edgy music.
>>
This thread isn't about music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuuObGsB0No
>>
>>69052855

Finally a good musical idea. Thanks for the idea I'll get on making it. First I have to read the Bible lmfao.
>>
>>69052852
see
>>69052590
>>
>>69052859
I just wanted to know why edgier music wasn't being made, then something about fascists "not being punk" started, so both sides started calling each other fascists, and people in the middle joined in too and it became a shit show

t,disappointed op
>>
>>69052881

I fucking came up with an idea see

>>69052855
>>
>>69052855
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_the_New_Testament

"and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error."

pretty sure he just means anal herpes not eternal damnation although I imagine they're not entirely dissimilar
>>
>>69052872
Yes an unrelated event about my country? What about it? You're still failing to address the fact that you've been using the word Hispanic wrong, and you're assuming other people do too(they don't) thus are repeating "words change" over and over.
>>
>>69052893
meh idea since most people are only culturally christian now and wouldn't really give a fuck, and the ones who did would be derided as crazy theists.

If you wanted real brownie points, do this with Islam knowing that kebabs will freak
>>
>>69052905
it implies innovation
>>
>>69051495
No. Fuck you and fuck your stupid idea for a thread because you're too much of a fucking idiot to find dark, edgy music despite the fact that the internet exists you fucking moron.
>>
>>69052925
oh so your blunder is going to inspire a movement to change the meaning of an established term
>>
>>69052944
>And America brought it out of fucking antiquity when no one was using it, anywhere. Hispanic is an American word now, sorry.
>>
>>69052935
I was speaking about a general trend in contemporary music that I noticed, I wasn't looking for music but for confirmation or criticism on my opinion, and most people seemed to agreed. I can find music just fine, and do, and that is where my view was comes from.

Why the incoherent butthurt? Also, since you disagree care to elaborate why? And if you say "because dark music exists on the internet" -- that is not what I am asking, and please address my actual question and not your autistic misunderstanding.
>>
>>69052935
>stupid idea for a thread
>152 replies
>>
>>69052965
>quotes a fact about the word he's wanting to change the meaning of in some misguided attempt to argue a point he hasn't made?

t--thanks?
>>
>>69052994
so its not my "blunder" and there already is a movement.
>>
>>69052982
>I was speaking about a general trend in contemporary music that I noticed

Can you quantify this trend you have noticed? Is it any higher than it was in the 50s with hard bop at its height, or the 60s with Motown? music all about having a good time? Or the big bands in the 30s? Or jazz in the 20s? All of this music all about having a good time? Or let's get contemporary. 2000s R&B? 2000s pop? What is different about the musical landscape that you "noticed" that is different in 2016, than in 2003? Gimme that you fuckwit.

>and most people seemed to agreed
Most people are fucking idiots who think something stupid like "GY!BE killed post-rock" or something similarly stupid.
>Why the incoherent butthurt?
Stupidity gets my goat.
>since you disagree care to elaborate why?

'Cause it's the same shit as it's always been.
>>
>>69053010
What? Are you attempting to switch positions now? Let me remind you of what your stance was:
>>69052460
>hispanic describes physical traits

And mine:
>>69052478
>no Hispanics according to the U.S. government is simply a person with origin in a latin American country
>>
>>69052551
http://kxan.com/investigative-story/texas-troopers-ticketing-hispanics-motorists-as-white/
Published: November 6, 2015

AUSTIN (KXAN) -- DPS troopers are inaccurately recording the race of large numbers of minority drivers, mostly Hispanic, as white, according to a KXAN investigation. The agency's traffic stop data reveals racial profiling reports are likely flawed, according to experts.

Sergio Raul Mejia got a traffic citation for having his license plate on the dash of his truck in Georgetown last May. The Texas Department of Public Safety trooper who pulled Mejia over put his race as white on the ticket.

"That's bad," said Mejia. "I'm Hispanic. He was not supposed to put white people," Mejia continued, speaking in broken English. "You don't think you look white?" asked KXAN Investigator Brian Collister. "No, Hispanic," replied Mejia.
>>
>>69053034
see
>>69053041
>>
>>69053047
In your stupidity, you've just reinforced my fucking position.

The cop put down white because Hispanic doesn't describe physical traits. Again, Hispanic only means person from Spanish speaking country including Spain, excluding Brazil. Does not denote a race or a look.

Thanks
>>
>>69053097
tell that to Sergio
>>
>>69052923

Kebabs won't freak because they are way bigger fundies than Christfags. A Christian hate album which INCLUDED Muhammad (the Kebab Kang) being shat on as a false prophet who is burning in hell right now would piss off so many people that it would be great. A bunch of idiots would be SCREAMING about how it's hate speech.

>and the ones who did would be derided as crazy theists

But that's the point of being edgy.

>>69052901

But the Bible can be interpreted in a shitload of ways. Just pick the most violent and disorienting interpretation that violates the most """"human rights"""".
>>
If Trump proves to a new Bush, we'll probably see another cover of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZJTM03UByU
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 199x254px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 199x254px
It seems to me from this thread that none of the political stances are really anti establishment anymore.
>>
>>69051560
>>69051591
>>69051720
>>69051837
>>69052557
NAZI PUNKS FUCK OFF
>>
>>69053117
We'll need a new song about delusional people who cling so hard to a narrative and ideology they're incapable of nuanced thinking and resort to sensationalizing everything in an attempt to fear monger and distract from reality.

Trump like bush? Do you even care about the fucking guys policies and views or are you just going to falsely compare him to people you don't like.

Tell me how he's like Hitler next.
>>
>>69053139
Trumps like Hitler because he wants to round up minorities and ship them off presumably in cattle cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc3frN1BvpI
>>
>>69053129
It's not all that surprising. Almost everyone has an iphone, android phone, samsung; people buy Macintosh computers, Microsoft Windows; a whole generation of kids is growing up with access to the internet in the palm of their hands, going on websites like Facebook run by corporations. They don't hate these products, they live these products.
>>
>>69053156
yea and nazi is short for national socialist and Bernie sanders was a socialist coincidence?
>>
File: Sid.png (526KB, 801x459px)
Sid.png
526KB, 801x459px
>>69053167
do elaborate how that has anything to do with what I said
>>
>>69051794
>clintons
>left-wing

oh my kek
>>
>>69053167
Just yesterday I was literally forced by my flip phone provider to switch to a smart phone. I took great pride in sharing my master race status with Mark are you recording me Kozelek
>>
>>69052396
Lets get real here, the most liberal people in in college are the freshman...
>>
>>69053176
Jesus man c'mon. How can political stances be anti-establishment when the average consumer utilizes a variety of products made by a variety of corporations (read: establishments.)

>>69053183
Fuck no shit? What carrier?
>>
>>69053185
Yea, No. The more I think about that statement, the more I see how actually stupid and nonsensical it is. You really just talked out your ass there m80.
Doubt even 1/3 if freshmen know what an actual liberal is.
>>
>>69053153
Im guessing you hit the nail on the head and he just associates lame-azz-republikan-#1 and now lame-ass-rebubwican-#2, that being said, im pretty sure Trump is going to become more tame, receive no concessions from the left, and very little room from the right, and just be another lame-duck just like Bush. Hillary would have been a lame-duck too in all likelihood.
>>
>>69053214
nah dude, the most annoying SJW shits that wont shut the fuck up were all in my freshman courses, and every freshman ive met along the road won't stop with the preachy liberal shit like thier the first one to ever do it
so u can eat cock
>>
>>69053210
Virgin mobile and I guess not literally but their pricing became so high and smart phones (I got metro pcs) became so cheap that I literally had no choice. I really should've done it a long time ago but I dont think its been this cheap that long. They gave me a $150 phone for free because I specifically switched from Virgin

I also kinda didnt switch before just so I could self-regulate. Now I can shitpost anywhere anytime. Not good. For anyone.
>>
>>69053239
>shits that wont shut the fuck up were all in my freshman courses
>my
anecdotal evidence

your claim is bunk, especially when you consider that freshmen's age, lack of political savy.

i also don't need your permission to eat dick
>>
>>69053136

Your scenes pretty gay these days but some of the music coming out of it is still good
>>
Trump is president.
Punk is coming back.
>>
>>69051591
I agree with this but no one in the punk scene in my city is alt right

i love punk rock, it's one of my favorite genres, but basically i think punk is obsolete now. the ideology is still there, but if you were truly punk you wouldn't be calling yourself that
>>
>>69052557
Seriously, I just dropped in this thread and I am happy to hear that other people hold this belief too. Punk is freedom, and these modern millenial leftists are the some of the biggest conformists I've ever come across. In 1967 the youth were protesting being drafted into a war they wanted no part of. Now, in 2016, the youth are rioting in the streets because a man on the tv hurt their feelings, with words. To my knowledge, the people that are actually "punk" these days, which is a scene I highly respect and enjoy, don't even call themselves punk. The term has become obsolete. Even the Germs hated the punk tag, a lot bands did.
>>
>>69053183
>people who own iphones can't be anti-establishment because their phones were made by the establishment
>people who own clothing can't be opposed to feudalism because their clothes were produced in a feudal society
>>
>>69053467
I didn't say those people can't be anti-establishment. I said it is not surprising to find that most political stances aren't anti-establishment given how many of the establishments have found their way into the average individuals everyday life. This isn't difficult to grasp. C'mon now.
>>
>>69051794
National Socialism is left wing
>>
>>69052304

>The white race does exist. It is scientifically backed up

Trouble is there are no universal definitions of race, including in genetics.

You're talking identity politics here
>>
>>69051495
lmao music is all fucking miserable now, it has been since about 1998. Boring old farts took over everything, and the world is proud to be a boring old fart now more than ever.
>>
>>69053643
Can you elaborate? Miserable how, artistically? What trends do you have to show that evidence this? Miserable emotionally? What trends do you have to show that evidence this? Why since 1998? The world is a boring old fart?
>>
>>69053643
Ever since Radiohead and The Verve whined their way to the top of the charts. Nothing exciting has happened since, dance music is mopey and boring and serious now and people like you perpetuate it because you're too stupid to see how conned you are.
>>
>>69053797
>Nothing exciting has happened since

So we're just going to ignore the whole Skrillex domination years?

>dance music is mopey and boring and serious now

Says who? What dance music are you listening to? Where do you people get off saying such blanket statement in a medium of entertainment as WIDE as MUSIC for fuck's sake. Can you demonstrate that today's dance music is or more dopey than the 90s?
>>
It has been faggy Obama era globalist optimism.

This faggy WHOAA WHOAA shit is probably in the top reasons I'm an anti-globalist. The aesthetic is GAAAAYYYYyy.
>>
File: 1462619980000.jpg (40KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462619980000.jpg
40KB, 479x720px
>>69051495
>where's the edge
>>
File: 1472709618367.png (167KB, 636x426px) Image search: [Google]
1472709618367.png
167KB, 636x426px
>>69051591
if you're actually interested in where the change is going, i recommend reading the hare hypothesis

https://www.amazon.com/Hare-Hypothesis-Iain-Spence-ebook/dp/B009E2YUJM
>>
>>69051495
Edgy music is for underage teens pissed their parents grounded them again

Miserable music is for middle class white kids to moan about first world issues and that they have to fap
>>
>>69054728
What music do you listen to? Favorite songs, favorite bands?
>>
>>69055029
Classical, jazz, early electronic music, Eastern trad, some dance music
Thread posts: 191
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.