[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ableton user here. I was just wondering what I am missing out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Ableton user here. I was just wondering what I am missing out on in terms of plugins, synths, and effects from other DAW's. I feel that versing myself in different DAWs would allow me to be more versatile in my production. Please discuss! On a journey to become the best producer I can be and I want to be able to make use of all tools that are available to me.

Thanks!
>>
On the contrary, would branching out to other DAW's be counterproductive in the overall production process?

Just not sure what kind of path I should take. There are just so many tools available that I am overwhelmed.

I'm currently trying to find my sound, so to speak, but haven't made much progress regarding making a full on track
>>
Ableton will basically have everything you need to make any sound you want. The difference in DAWs is mostly related to workflow and finding what's comfortable for you. Stick with Ableton if you're enjoying using it.

The one aspect of versatility that it can help to branch out for is dealing with sequenced MIDI audio. In my experience the major DAWs tend to be good for recorded tracks that are essentially finished audio that you then edit, but not as good for tracks where you edit the MIDI data.
If you're into that kind of sound DefleMask is a tracker that can produce a lot of old videogame soundchips. I'd recommend that if you want to produce sequenced audio for that particular sound style. If you're using modern synths, I don't know a ton, but getting a MIDI controller of some kind is almost essential and helps a ton.
>>
FL has the best piano roll in the game, but for everything else, ableton.
>>
>>69034199
Pick Ableton or FL.
(Ableton has no mono so be careful what you pick)
>>
Most DAWS are pretty comparable in terms of what they offer. Some are good at very specific things. Ableton or Protools (though I hate it myself) are likely your best bet for music production. Ableton especially for live music production. Cubase/Nuendo have better features for soundtrack work and foley.

Fruity loops is a good starting point, but if you're already using Ableton don't bother.

But as I said, all these DAWS are very comparable in terms of their features.
>>
>>69034199
>plugins, synths, and effects from other DAW's
nothing

its not worth switching daws for the included synths/plugins just get 3rd party plugins
>>
I need a Ableton crack (no surveys please) and some tutorials on how to do use it.

Thanks in advance
>>
>>69034779
sent ;)
>>
>>69034199
Ableton's great for electronic music, but mediocre if you're recording a lot. People give it a lot of shit for not having a traditional mixing interface, but that isn't really a valid criticism.

Other DAWs (cubase, fl and others) do tend to have nicer piano rolls and midi editing, though.
>>
>>69034823
What do you mean sent?
>>
>>69034779
>want to make music
>can't even find a DAW crack
Don't even bother
>>
>>69034860
woops, sorry. there we go. sent ;)
>>
what if i use audacity but only use "import raw data" and the preset sounds + effects?
>>
>>69034877
pretty much this. if you want to make good music with Ableton and can't even find a crack then i don't know how much hope you have for making something meaningful or slightly interesting.
>>
>>69034885
It has no midi and no mixer and the effects are "baked" on the sound aren't they?
Get a proper DAW, if you don't want to crack there are way how to get infinite trials.
>>
How does Bitwig compare to Ableton?
The interface seems superior for bitwig, but I don't want to sacrifice versatility.
>>
>>69034936
Bitwig is generally an inferior Ableton clone.

It has potential, but right now it's not quite as good.
>>
>>69034936
I've never used it but it seemed like poor man's Ableton meets FL from what I've seen in /prod/
>>
>>69034889
bro i've found cracks they just keep asking me to fill surveys to get the regkey or whatever and i dont want to give my address
>>
>>69035003
torrent u fag
>>
>>69035003
that doesnt seem legit to me theyre asking you for surveys
>>
>>69034964
>>69034983
Yeah, thought that might be the case.
Slicker interface for a newer, but less complete product.
Ableton it is, thanks anons.
>>
>>69035003
I don't think I have ever seen anything that made you fill out a survey that wasn't a scam. Has anyone ever completed one of those? They never end in my experience. It's been like 6 years since I've seen a survey like that.
>>
>>69034199
If the only thing youre limited by is plug ins then stick with what you know. Maybe learn pro tools too if youre recording a lot.

But i use FL, if i cant get what i want from tweaking the stock synths i load up a 3rd party one. BFD, nexus, omnisphere, kontakt are my go toos, but i can get really good sounds put of the stock plugins and effects. I use way more 3rd party effects than synths.
>>
File: ihhhh_mnoooo.png (610KB, 475x637px) Image search: [Google]
ihhhh_mnoooo.png
610KB, 475x637px
>>69035003
What the fuck are you doing
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.