[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/shugazi/ - Shoegaze (Dream Pop, Noise Pop, and Blackgaze) General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: 1Dd7Moy[1].png (633KB, 658x658px) Image search: [Google]
1Dd7Moy[1].png
633KB, 658x658px
so are we going to have /mu/ radio listenalongs in december or something cause that would be coool if someone figured that out
>>
are we doing the whole month like last year?
that was pretty overboard
>>
>>69027255
dream pop december? if so, we gotta organize that soon.
>>
>>69027255
>>69028238
I think it would be better to just have like a week of listenalongs abd just discuss what albums we want to listen to that week every day until then
>>
>>69028339
how bout we listen to whatever we want whenever we want to.
>>
>>69028486
Wow you're so punk, anon.
>>
>>69028496
shoegaze is punk af though
>>
Daily reminder to ignore and report chinkgaze posters.
>>
>>69028486
but we do that all the time
>>
Thoughts on Pale Saints? They seem to be very underrated here.
>>
>>69028822
Only listened to In Ribbons so far, it's quite good.
>>
>>69028822
I like them, they're sound's kind of a really unique one in this whole shoegaze/dream pop thing.
I think they were the best at making gentle dreamy music with actual distinct musical qualities that kept them from just being guitar pop, odd time signatures, noise experiments, etc
>>
>>69028853

Their first album is pretty good too, can't decide which one if my favourite from them, In Ribbons or The Comforts of Madness. Couldn't really get into Slow Buildings.
>>
File: folder.jpg (106KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
106KB, 600x600px
what keeps people from considering this shoegaze
>>
>>69030097
not the dense shoegaze kind of guitar noise
>>
Jap Shoegze = Worst Shoegaze. This is fact
>>
>>69030097
too riffy. still one of the best guitar albums ever made.
>>
>>69028530
it actually is, i agree
>>
>>69028822
I really like them actually but I don't listen to them much. Both albums were great though, the girl from Lush made a nice addition to the band on In Ribbons, but i'd say i like them equally.
>>
>>69030097
>>69031626
guys ive tried listening to that album twice and i still didn't understand the guitar riffs on that album. I wasn't hearing any melody at all.
>>
>>69032311
see a doctor pal

shouldn't sound like aimless noise at least
>>
Is Deathconciseness the greatest shoegaze album? I think it is.
>>
>>69032676
It's really fucking good. A lot of it isn't really shoegaze but whatever It's great for depression.
>>
File: Sylvaine Wistful.jpg (471KB, 995x995px) Image search: [Google]
Sylvaine Wistful.jpg
471KB, 995x995px
Pretty unspectacular Blackgaze release, but the female vocals are really nice and there are some catchy hooks

I'm inclined to believe this is Audrey from Amesoeurs, but I can't be 100% sure (it HAS to be though).
>>
>>69032676
>>69032694
I'm drunk and it's 5am and I literally just came here to talk about this album

there hasn't been a single album as good as it since 09

bloodhail changed my life
I'm glad people share this opinion
>>
Jap Shoegze = Worst Shoegaze
>>
>>69033371
this is true
>>
>>69032311
It is there man. Heat distraction is a real clean example if you want to go back through it at some point.
>>
File: folder.png (290KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
folder.png
290KB, 500x500px
The Japanese shoegaze shitposter has resorted to samefagging.
>>
Best countries for shoegaze scene:
>US
>Germany
>UK
>Norway
Ecuador

Worst countries for shoegaze scene:
>Japan
>China
>Malaysia
>India
>Congo
>>
>>69035808
Where does Korea and Brasil fall into?
>>
So who enjoyed Kodama here? Was it shoegazy enough for your taste?
>>
>>69035823
just okay
>>
>>69035831
Sounded like just another Alcest album IMO. Might have to give it a few more listens but I think it's pretty mediocre so far.
>>
Does this count as shoegaze?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyZjTcH50Fk
>>
>>69035874
b-but
>GETITOOOONFAAAAAA
>FANINAAAA-HAAAAAA
>GAYDOOWAAAAA-HAAAAAYEYEYEEEEE
>>
>>69030097
Lyrics that make no sense. The best lo-fi production in years (Can these two terms actually co-exist?). An impending feeling of misery and sadness as if they already knew they would break up and one of them would die in his sleep. Songs that hit you as hard as the snowstorm in the cover first and then calm you down. "Penal Colony" would make Joy Division proud. "Drag Open" goes from a harsh metallic guitars riff and yelps to two minutes of perfect drones. "Eyesore" is an excellent pop song (guess you have already heard that).
Ok, nobody really likes elaborate album reviews. So I 'll get to the point.
It 's sad. Gloomy Dark. But in the end you 're left with a smile. Because you know that for while it lasted it might have been painful but beautiful too. It almost made me cry. It 's the first album which actually did that.
It 's great and I 'm so sad that we 'll never hear any new song from them.
>>
Hello,

Here is our first demo for those who are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg1yOpQ8X4E

We made a mix of shoegaze, doomgaze and vegangaze. All the musicians are vegan and since we talk about animals in captivity and their suffering or the extinction of the wild life and other stuff like this we decided to make up this genre.

I shared it in another /shugazi/ thread a few days ago but new critics and advice are welcome.

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>69036106
It's alright. It was pretty predictable and reminded me of the Angelic Process. I don't like how much that drum sound is used everywhere, though.
>>
>>69036257
It's all because of Have A Nice Life.
>>
>>69036106
Its good m8, please share more songs in the future. Its better than ANY japgaze song EVER
>>
>>69037050
Thank you. We will release our second demo soon and it will be better than this.
>>
>>69037097
i look forward to it. My only advise is to not draw ANY inspiration from Japgaze
>>
>>69037111
We don't have any except a pinch of downy for the vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0lvdPoKh7s
>>
>>69036106
Your song is very solid, im impressed with the production at it kept me engaged the entire time
>>
>>69037155
Wow, thank you very much anon. The guitarist/bassist/drummer mastered it all by himself. He'll be very happy to hear your advise.
>>
>>69038111
<3
>>
File: heart xo.png (659KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
heart xo.png
659KB, 600x600px
surf
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.