[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the best Marilyn Manson album, and why was it Mechanical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

What was the best Marilyn Manson album, and why was it Mechanical Animals?
>>
>>69021862
Holy Wood has better lyrics but saying that here would be unacceptable because the mongs on this board have convinced themselves that lyrics are unimportant just because normies judge music by it's lyrics since they are to pleb to appreciate music on it's own merits.

If we were to judge his music by the sound alone then the best is either Antichrist Superstar or Mechanical Animals, I've been switching between those to for four years now and I can't decide which one is better.
>>
>>69021862
Also that alt cover is shit.
I'm not sure if it's an alt cover or something from a booklet or sleeve since it says Omega instead of Mechanical Animals but I'd be damned if that fucking cover isn't inferior in every way to the ordinary one.
>>
>>69021862
>not antichrist superstar
>>
>>69022193
you're retarded, this is the "Ziggy Stardust" character's album, Omega and the mechanical animals

now stop bitching you fucking edge lord, holy wood is cringe as fuck
>>
>>69022238
you're really upset about something aren't you?
>>
inb4 he's edgy
We know
Mechanical animals plays his poppier aspects the best, holy wood definitely has his lyrically best, and antichrist I would have to say just sounds better.
Portrait of an american family has all three of those but it doesn't have the god tier production.
>>
>>69022238
I know about the fucking Triptych concept album story you fucking mong
also
>listening to marilyn manson
>calling someone else an edgelord
>>
>>69022275
the shit production and goofyness of portrait are it's charm, I would argue that Portrait of an American Family is his best album outside the triptych.
>>
>>69021862
Mechanical Animals was probably the most fleshed out album idealistically and production-wise so prolly that, but anything from the Triptych is good.
>>
>>69022432
I'd say it's second to TPE, but it's still great.
>>
>>69022466
Pale emperor is good but it's cheesier than portrait at some points

No one bring up 2003 through 2012 and this'll be a decent thread.
>>
>>69021862
Antichrist Superstar was at least somewhat intelligent and artsy. MA was just a shitty Bowie parody.
>>
I found this hilariously cringy mlp/manson pic on deviantart and when I was looking up Mechanical Animals one time, this is top-tier cringe right here.
It's great big white world themed
>>
>>69022566
Love it
Will probably surface as a real album one day.
>>
>>69022538
The cheese on portrait is good cheese though, since it's self aware.
Also I really like 2003-2012 Manson even though I know it's shit. Back when I was an edgy autistic tween I listened to the tryptych and since then I've had a strong infatuation with all of his music, with a "Manson can do no wrong" attitude.
>>
>>69022703
Are
Are you the amazing atheist?
>>
>>69022758
No. I was a tween back in 2008-2009 and I watched used to watch the amazing atheist quite regularly since I felt that he was the only person who shared my sensibilities. I wasn't into any music at the time so I decided to listen to what TJ was listening to. So I downloaded some Tom Waits, Nick Cave, Leonard Cohen, Bowie and of course Marilyn Manson.
>>
>>69021862
I actually really dig Portrait of an American Family and Golden Age of Grotesque the most
>>
>>69022193

It's the back of the booklet.

Thinking back that blue case for the album was kinda cool even though gimmicky. You could use the clear blue plastic to "see hidden messages in the booklet"
>>
>>69022556
what kind of a shitty incoherent critique is that.
>>
Honestly thats a tough choice, but Id probably go with Holy Wood. Thats not to say the other ones arent as good. Id rate his first 4 albums 10/10s after that it was hit or shit.
>>
>>69022158
>lyrics
fuck off pleb
>>
we need a new Manson to give the new generations of autistic edgelords something to relate to.
>>
Eat me. Drink me Manson was hot
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.