[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of The Dear Hunter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

What does /mu/ think of The Dear Hunter?
>>
Bretty good desu.
>>
Breddy gud. V sounds just like IV, which isn't surprising since they were recorded at the same time. Saw them live last year, fun show.
CS > II > IV > V > III > I >>> Migrant
>>
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really dislike Casey Crescenzo's voice
>>
One of my favorite bands. Super bummed I missed this last Acts tour.

Any thoughts on what Act VI will look like?
>>
File: 1475111452792.jpg (549KB, 1740x739px) Image search: [Google]
1475111452792.jpg
549KB, 1740x739px
>>
>>69012420
guy's got some good points m8 you implying "hurr autism" won't change that
>>
>>69012417
Probably a short film or something. I'm skeptical of whatever he decides to do desu, most musicians aren't good at branching out.

>>69012420
Kek I started the thread that came from, good times.
>>
I heard that they are re-releasing Act IV and Act V as instrumentals with more focus on the orchestra, so I'm kind of excited for that
>>
>>69012399
What's so bad about Migrant? I haven't got around to listening to it yet.
>>
>>69012334
IV and V beat pretty much everything else that Casey has done, except maybe The River Empires.
>>
>>69012513
I have no idea why someone would like his other works but not that.
>>
>>69012503
I hate that digital was not guaranteed. Listen to the most recent episode of the pointless podcast in regards to this
>>
>>69012634
True. But I thank Kevin Pereira that we even got an orchestra on Acts IV and V at all.
>>
>>69012692
how so? what'd kevin do?
>>
>>69012692
That was a surprising story
>>
>>69012739
Paid for it. That made it so Casey owns those recordings. This allowed them to make act IV and V orchestra and piano versions to come later this year
>>
IV and V are god tier albums (at least compared to everything else I've listened to since college).

IV was easily my No. 1 album of 2015 and I might end up saying the same for V in 2016. Really need to give it another listen, along with the other acts to see how they all stack up against each other.
>>
I loved the Dear Hunter on 1-3 but Migrant did nothing for me and when 4-5 came out and sounded just like 1-3, using similar melodies and everything, I just couldn't get into it
>>
>>69012513
>>69012621
Honestly it sounds like boring pop music to me, I has the same problem with White.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.