[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is music objectively better when you're high

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 9

is music objectively better when you're high
>>
DUDE
>>
>>69008659
WEED
>>
>>69008673
This

And yes anon.
>>
No, i find it impossible to focus on the music and it all sounds like voices in my head.
t. Schizophrenic
>>
>>69008673
>>
>>69008715
Do you also get paranoid
>>
>>69008637
This question evinces a fundamental misunderstanding of what the word "objective" actually means.
>>
no, some music sounds better sober
main example i can think of is Thelonious Monk
>>
>>69008637
I wouldn't say objectively. Drugs can steer your mind away while listening or help you focus more.

I was really stoned one night, went out for a cigarette, thought I'd listen to Bridge over Troubled Water for the first time. Just the first track, my God, it was so beautiful. It felt so crafted with how the piano and other strings were arranged and I could feel the emotion in Simon's voice. Idk, music is definitely different when you're high, and at least for me, it's easier to pick out the layers of instruments and vocals, putting it all together. The lyrics stood out a lot when listening because the use of the metaphor was so poignant, relevant, and interchangeable how he used it. I did cry a few tears.
>>
>Is it better?
No, if you think that then your an idiot.

>does it help to hear the music in a different way?
Yes

>DUDE WEED
>>
>>69008637
Gives you a different perspective on the music. Not necessarily better. Sometimes it sounds worse or you can't concentrate on it or it completely goes through you, or sometimes it can take you somewhere you never thought that song would take you, or everything can seem to be more detailed or you can pick out things you've never heard before. I personally prefer listening to music with drugs but again, it's not necessarily better
>>
>>69009137
your
>>
>>69009096
This. I'm definitely more perceptive of the minor details in songs while high.
>>
life is objectively better
>>
>>69009654
Drugs are part of life, so one cannot be objectively superior to another.
>>
File: 1462302178750.jpg (32KB, 491x404px) Image search: [Google]
1462302178750.jpg
32KB, 491x404px
>someone asks a simple question related to drugs
>edgy SxE teens spam memes in full force
shaking my head, also the answer is yes
>>
>>69009654
why do you post this every day?
>>
>>69009654
I like weed but this album title is incredibly cringy for some reason, I can't even fully process why too.
>>
>>69009703
what does SxE mean? not one of the above posters.
>>
>>69008715
>>69008754
whenever im really high, i can kinda hear separate voices in the music saying undesirable things that spring me into a panic. im not schizo am i?
>>
File: 1477602867532.jpg (56KB, 517x572px) Image search: [Google]
1477602867532.jpg
56KB, 517x572px
its perceptional, so no.
but maybe for you if you wish.
>>
>>69009752

Straight Edge.
>>
>>69008637
of course not, because being high is a subjective experience
>>
>>69009914
>>69010022
Only sane answers ITT
>>
>>69008754
Nope.
Too stoned to get scared
>>
bro pot lol
>>
>>69009096
sounds about right
allowing myself to zone out means that when I tune back in, it's often to a particular sound, instrument, beat, or melody that I've never taken the opportunity to dissect before
good feeling

unfortunately I'm equally as likely to ignore everything
>>
>>69008715
You only hear voices because you take yourself too seriously and wish you were crazy
>>
>>69009675
I meant life on drugs
>>
>>69010736
it's dont
i have diagnosed schizoaffective disorder
Weed increases positive symptoms for me but it's not always in a negative sense if i'm in a good mood while high
It's mainly disorganised speech and muffled talking
I can tell the difference between hallucinations while high because i know i am.
If i focus on a voice long enough it usually goes away, when I'm in psychosis it's a different story.
but i still like listening to music while high, it's just distracting
>>
>>69010870
Look at how many times you used the word "I" in that paragraph. Can already tell this is your main talking point of any personal conversation. You just let everyone know about your condition don't you?
>>
File: quentin.png (191KB, 924x982px) Image search: [Google]
quentin.png
191KB, 924x982px
>>69008637
>>
File: quentin2.png (120KB, 1000x739px) Image search: [Google]
quentin2.png
120KB, 1000x739px
>>69010916
>>
>>69008637
thats only because everything is better
>>
File: quentin3.png (402KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
quentin3.png
402KB, 1000x1000px
>>69010945
>>
>>69010916
>>69010945
>>69010968
you go anon!
our youth need to to be reading this comics way too many pot addicts teens a wise man once said your always a loser when your a drug user
>>
>>69009814
that happens to me without music when im high
>>
>>69008637
yeah
>>
>>69008715
Why do you smoke weed if you are schizophrenic? Isn't your god given natural high enough for you? Seriously though, if you are truly schizophrenic I'm fairly certain there is no therapeutic benefit to be had from smoking weed.
>>
I'm high as fuck and can confirm that music is better when
>>
>>69010916
>>69010945
>>69010968
The greatest Saga of all time
>>
>>69012896
Being high is better when you're sober.
>>
depends. sometimes it makes me completely lose my focus, or get hyper-analytical to the point that i cannot enjoy what i'm listening to on an emotional level. other times it makes me feel encompassed within the music, or more perceptive of some particular details.
>>
>>69009284
/thread
>>
>>69010916
>>69010945
>>69010968

I miss Quentin shitposting when it was more frequent.
>>
>>69008673
LMAO
>>
I used to think so then i realized that weed just dumbs you down and convinces your brain that it isn't
>>
>>69008637
I actually find weed makes most music more unpleasant if I'm too stoned, and at that point am only able to enjoy folk and low-energy country.

Other than that, the only drug I've ever noticed impact my music listening experience was LSD, and I wasn't on a trip dose that night.
>>
music makes the drugs fun
>>
>>69008637
yeah
>>
>>69013154
I'm in a similar boat.
If the tone is gross or there's too much dissonance it makes me physically uncomfortable.

So now when I smoke I try and listen exclusively to happy shoegaze, The Police, Kishi Bashi, or Bon Iver.

I'd much rather play word games or do something mentally engaging with other people than sink into the couch and be a vegetable anyway.
>>
>>69013312
Funny you mention The Police, a comp CD we have of theirs was the only non-folk, non-country album I actually enjoyed recently after a huge sesh with some friends. Forgot that until now.
>>
>>69013335
Hell yeah.

I fucked with my roommate by only talking in Police lyrics one sesh. He didn't catch on till I called him Roxanne with a shit eating grin on my face.
>>
today i realized music is my only friend

weed for this feel?
>>
>>69013413
OG Kush
>>
>>69013413
True OG, had a 200mg edible today and friends are the least of my worries lmao that shit got me chilling and mix it with some dreamy music
>>
>>69013485
>200mg edible
>THC equivalent of ~6 joints (if memory serves)
How the fuck are you even typing?
>>
>>69014237
Some people can handle a lot of weed.

In addition, edibles aren't metabolized in the same way smoked weed is, and the high is often very different from the same strain smoked.
>>
>>69010681
underrated
>>
How do you even get a weed?
>>
DUDE
WEED
LMAO

420 BLAZE IT FAGGOT

BOB MARLEY & PETER TOSH xD
>>
>>69008715
Yeah, probably shouldn't smoke if you have a legit mental disorder.
>>
>>69008637
Only krautrock.
>>
For me it doesn't sound drastically different in any way. I'd rather listen to music sober.
>>
I fucking hate Potheads so much.

You don't see Crack-heads or Junkies making threads like this
>>
>>69008637
>objectively better
>being high, which is subjective
you fucked up son.
>>
>>69016549
Well why don't you start then
>>
>>69016562
you sure showed me buddy, I have definitely changed my opinion on habitual Marijuana smokers
>>
>song is only enjoyable when you're high

Bullshit desu, it's just bad
>>
>dude weed lmao

The problem with Stoners is they always have to voice their drug use to people who don't want to hear it. I've never understood why they are so fucking vocal about smoking a plant.

Is music objectively better when you're smoking a cigarette?
>>
>>69016648
>Is music objectively better when you're smoking a cigarette?

only if it's sonic youth or something
>>
>>69016648
Well no because smoking a cig doesn't alter your state of mind, other than being midly more relaxed.
>>
No, I don't think so. I think different people's favorite genres get amplified, but if I got high and listened to an album I didn't like, I wouldn't like it any more or less.
>>
>>69016685
Found the faggot stoner
>>
>>69016648
I agree with this, but as an ex-pot head (quit years ago) normies are so fucking annoying. They feel the need to point out any time they get a whiff, and make silly jokes like 'HEY, FEEELIN FUNNYYYY???' filled with condescension. Go drink pisswater
>>
>>69016648
>Is music objectively better when you're smoking a cigarette?

Yes

>The problem with Stoners is they always have to voice their drug use to people who don't want to hear it. I've never understood why they are so fucking vocal about smoking a plant.

This is a myth. Literally no one is going to come to your doorstep and preach the virtues of marijuana you fucking retard.
>>
>>69016648
>The problem with Stoners is they always have to voice their drug use to people who don't want to hear it. I've never understood why they are so fucking vocal about smoking a plant.

Aren't you... Doing the exact same thing?
>>
I just feel more focused on the music
>>
Weed is just an intensifier. Everything is better.

Just don't smoke too much like I do, cause you'll find everything really boring when you're sober.
>>
>>69016954
Quit for 6 months and then don't do it on weekdays. Best way to stay lean without fuckin your life up
>>
>>69016971
I'm slowly adjusting to only smoking with my friends, who I see most days.

I'll choose my social life over my sanity thanks
>>
not if you subconsciously hate the disjointed stuff you listen to but trick yourself into thinking you like it to create a persona to fill an empty void
speaking from experience
>>
>>69016624
I did when I was like 14, I'm just saying that if you need to be high to enjoy something, it can't be that good
>>
After smoking hash it's amazing. I dunno though I don't really get high that much anymore
>>
>>69008637
just a friendly reminder that stoners amount to nothing life. even if you don't consider yourself a stoner, but still smoke weed, you will not amount to anything.
>>
>>69019313
funny, cause I've got a comfy govt. job and a bachelors
>>
>>69019396
>defending yourself this hard
>>
>>69019313
>being this self-righteous
>>
>>69019474
what's your job and what's your degree in?
how much you make a year?
must be fun working hard for your masters
>>
>>69019313
sluggish, lazy, stupid and unconcerned
>>
>>69019313
I live in Colorado and have been legally smoking weed for some time now, I have a pretty nice job and a family. It's sorta pretentious to assume someone is useless because they smoke weed.
>>
>>69019510
worse than vegans are the legal smokers
pro tip: no one fucking cares cause people will smoke no matter what

>pretty nice job
10 dollars an hour isn't nice buddy
>>
>>69009750
if they have to plan to smoke weed like an acid trip they're either too fragile to do drugs or too much of a neurotic bitch to enjoy them
>>
>>69019550
you seem to be grounded in antisocial narratives so why even continue this conversation
>>
>>69019481
Around 51k with benefits, LE with the national park service. Considering law school, but still pretty unsure. Will add that pot definitely does not help with motivation and smoking often during the school year is a bad idea.
>>
>>69019559
is that your way of saying "bad vibes bro!"?

>>69019561
>smoking weed hinders development
you made my point
>>
>>69019614
No, your point was that people who smoke weed will never amount to anything.
>>
>>69016648
i smoke everyday, helps with my anxiety and ocd, and i never talk about it and i feel the same way as you do. i wouldn't consider myself a "stoner", the plant is just a tool that i use in life, like anything else can be.
>>
>>69019907
are you saying you don't need to develop to amount to something?

wew the stoner logic is strong
>>
>>69019614
>CBD hinders development
>>
>>69020061
>citation needed
>>
>>69020079
It helps with mental illness no end my sweet-natured friend. If you had voices arguing with you in your head all day every day and this got rid of it in seconds, you'd need it too.
>>
>>69020328
anecdotal as fuck!
>>
>>69020008
you're trying way too hard to fit in on a lumberjack forum
>>
>>69020463
tell me when that makes sense
>>
>>69020356
It's true bishnigga. I realise it's annoying being told all these lies about weed for decades, but it's been used for centuries for all kinds of things. And now, it's going to be legal once again in America. I bet you're from one of the 6 states that doesn't even have it for medicinal use.
>>
>>69020481
>sourceless claim
>hey that's sourceless
>it's true bishnigga!
what are you fucking 14? quit now before you go full fucking retard

I def know more about marijuana then you.
There are other functions besides smoking it.
>>
>>69008637
everything is "better" when you're high
that doesn't mean is "objetively" better, its all about perception
""
>>
>>69020481
It is true because i've witnessed it work with my own eyes, my friend was schizo before he died and was allowed CBD and it helped him no end, he went from pacing around his front room ranting on about his neighbours to sitting calmy, after a few puffs, on his chair talking quietly to me. You can't argue with that you dumb child. And I know there are other functions dumbass.
>>
>>69020728
>>69020591
>>
>>69020738
>>69020728
same fag and also that is not scientifically proven
fucking stoner logic again, when will you retards get a fucking clue?
>>
Implying everyone who smokes weed smokes every day. Would you drink every day? Of course not, you wouldn't be able to function doing either.

Babbies who don't know how to moderate something in their lives. It's recreational for fuck sake.
>>
>>69009284
Has anyone else had that expecience where some things sound like shite when I'm high, like I threw on Arcade FIre's Funeral and it sounded a bit drab
I threw on A Lot Like Birds and it sounded like cheesy garbage. Funeral is one of my favorite albums.

but my mate put on Emmure and Hedley and they sounded good
>>
>>69010706

>unfortunately I'm equally as likely to ignore everything

This. Smoking weed is always a gamble for me.
>>
>>69019495
underrated 10/10 blonde reference
>>
>>69020820
Smoking every day makes the effects barely enjoyable for me. I think every 3 days is the sweet spot for me. Sometimes I only smoke on the weekends
>>
>>69020759
>>69020728
CBD is an antipsychotic, the way weed grows naturally the ratio of THC to CBD is just right for the CBD to cancel out the psychotic properties of the THC. that's why high THC low CBD strains like skunk can actually exacerbate or trigger psychotic illness. so it's more than plausible that CBD would help a schizophrenic's symptoms
>>
>>69019313
I was human garbage before I started smoking, but now I'm much less depressed about it. 8)
>>
>>69016764
he isn't
>>
I smoke every day and it does little to effect the experience of music.
>>69008715
if I'm too high I just hear my internal monologue really loud and can't focus on the music in any meaningful way
>>69008993
this
>>69010681
this
>>69011404
THC will probably make hallucinations and delusions more intense. CBD is an antipsychotic though.
>>69013413
UBC chemo
>>
once i crushed some generic amphetamine pills and listened to a memphis-style trap-phonk remix compilation at a very loud volume with some shithead friends while driving around my suburban neighborhood in a volkswagon Golf. I don't feel like i truly understood phonk until that moment.
>>
Music is the best when you're sober and fully concentrated, assuming that the music isn't shit. If the music's shit then yeah, get high before you listen to your shitty fucking music.
>>
>>69024606
wrong
drugs make you feel better and feeling better means enjoying music more
>>
>>69009137
>>Is it better?
>No, if you think that then your an idiot.
t. guy who has never been high

It makes music sound better in general, some music sounds way better while some can sound pretty much the same.
>>
>>69024787
>drugs make you feel better
no
>feeling better means enjoying music more
no
>>
>>69022925
>UBC chemo
>tfw there's weed named after my uni
>tfw been getting high of it for months now
>didn't even know
>>
>tfw you tripping on mushrooms to the point you start hearing goa trance in your head

Makes me think that goa trance might be the most corporeal form of music 2bh
>>
>>69026050
t. someone who's never done drugs
>>
Everything's better when you're high.
That's kind of the point, anon.
>>
>>69008637
it would be subjectively better
to you
>>
>>69008659
>>69008673
>People still think this is funny

This is literally in every weed related thread.
>>
I've never been hi, i cri
>>
>>69024606
Drugs enhance good music. For me anyways
>>
>>69016648
To me it seems anytime anyone even tries discussing weed at all, regardless of if they use it or not, people flood the responses with DUDE WEED LMAO. Which seems to be sort of ironic because that's simply a way of straight edge kids to voice their..uhh..non drug use
>>
Sometimes if I get too high, music sounds really silly especially EDM. I imagine each song as a stupid little dance that an 11 year old would do. And each song has its own little "personality". But most of the time I like hearing music high a lot.
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.