[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened here exactly? A literal nobody who makes shitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: missinginventory.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
missinginventory.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
What happened here exactly?

A literal nobody who makes shitty remixes suddenly makes a new sound nobody has ever heard of, and nobody has been able to do since, then immediately goes back to shit remixes and falls off the map? Every song he's done with talking bass since Scary Monsters sounds like it's just samples from it, not actually new sounds, and it's all ass like his old shit.

So whats the secret behind this album? And why can't I find any modern competent artists that have talking bass as crisp as he did?
>>
they say Noisia and Feed Me ghost-produced it, there was a thread with some producer anon that really got into that but i don't think i could find it anymore
>>
>new sound
>>
>>69007941
what ive never heard this. i thought he did it all himself. feels bad man.

makes sense though since ever since that album hes just been using the same presets in all his songs.
>>
Have you seen him "jamming" with The Doors?

16:00 - 21:00 ish..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_4UQWZmfwg
>>
Most of the best electronic artists are the neetest of neets, but zero public outreach means zero publicity.
Mau5trap wanted a posterboy to represent the "emerging" genre of dubstep, and Skrillex was supposed to represent the label and genre as a whole. To that end, the debut album was a group effort. Noisia, some talented autists from the netherlands, gave him new tools and programs to stretch his annoying sound to those deep, roaring bass lines, Bare Noize turned his shitcrank half-pop rhythm into proper breakbeat, and Foreign Beggars practically GAVE him their synth leads, and even performed on a couple tracks.

Supposedly, he copied the masters and put them through FL studio to add voice clips, no I'm not joking, before leaking a taste that got him attention, without ever mentioning anyone else that had basically built it for him from the ground up.
He exploded on social media and interviews talking about how badass he was, how he's done something no one else had done, etc etc. Mau5trap was pissed, and his response was "You wanted me to be a star" and that he would give them credit after it was released completely. As a compromise he gave his FL ran copies back to a few of them to make remixes to tack on the end of the album before release.

He took full credit, never even acknowledged the remixes. Mau5trap booted him out, so he was left with all the technology they gave him but NO CLUE how to use ANY of it, so he keeps using FL Studio to try and morph clips from Scary Monsters to try and cling to a sound that never belonged to him.

As far as finding new stuff, check out Snails, you might dig them. Noisia and Terminite obviously, older Diplo stuff, Figure isn't bad either.
Most of it is going the way of industrial, Destroid Music is the big dick in town by a wide margin unfortunately, and Shambhala hasn't had a belch bass for two years.
>>
>>69008182
any kind of source at all, or is this a fan fic?
>>
>>69008182
>Most of it is going the way of industrial
explain with examples pls
>>
>>69008280
"Feud with Deadmau5" was literally a portion of his wikipedia article for months, sources included a UKF article and an iZotope interview with Foreign Beggars, neither of which I've been able to find since. Not sure why it was scrubbed, but you can believe it or not I guess.
>>
>>69008345
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP7FZdeaCu8
>>
>>69008361
>wikipedia
yeah nice fanfic
>>
>>69008384
you have no idea what industrial means if you're calling this garbage industrial. please stop using random words to describe you shitty dance music. it was never dubstep it's never going to be industrial.
>>
>>69008422
Believe what you want, facts is facts.

>>69008462
The Eagles used to be called Rock n Roll.
Sabbath used to be called Heavy Metal.
Shit changes, try to keep up grandpa.
>>
>>69008492
wow great examples of shit that has nothing to do with the fact that you steal names from 40 year old genres to sound cool among your dance music faggot friends.
>>
>>69008462
you're oversimplifying shitty dance music. It has industrial influences because of the overdriven screeching leads and mechanical pounding percussion. If you think this sounds like every other shitty EDM track you don't listen to enough shitty edm
>>
>>69007885
>suddenly makes a new sound nobody has ever heard of, and nobody has been able to do since

It's an "american is wrong about non-geetah music" episode again.
>>
>>69008584
that track you posted sounds like a shitty copy of the 911 skrillex song. nothing industrial about that one either.
>>
doesn't skrillex use ableton though?
>>
>>69008616
he does. whoever made this thread has no clue about anything.
>>
Half the tracks on UKF Dubstep sound like Skrillex though
>>
>>69008615
i get that juvenile flatulent dubstep pisses you off, but you have to admit your being a little bit pedantic and autismal
>>
>>69008665
it doesn't. i even like some tracks. but i don't call it dubstep, will never call it industrial. i call it what ti is: dance music. and modern dance music is shit.
>>
>>69008575
The point is that genres change. Would you be this triggered listening to modern Heavy Metal?
Sabbath is barely considered rock by modern standards, and Eagles are basically country.

Sorry if that concept is too drastic for you.
>>
File: evia.png (82KB, 1321x505px) Image search: [Google]
evia.png
82KB, 1321x505px
>>69007941
is this the anon u were referring to? I screenshotted this because i wanted to show it to some friends
>>
>>69008633
back when i used to listen to skrillex in middle school (lol) i know he had that my name is skrillex EP before he was even relevant... given his background i doubt hed pay for some ghost producers to do that shit
>>
>>69008718
genres evolve, yes. bands change,yes. new styles of dance music get to steal the name of old unrelated genres? NO.

are you really this fucking dense? it's not that hard to get this. skrillex didn't evolve from throbbing gristle or skinny puppy. it's completely unrelated, his sound has more to do with house music and trance than real dubstep.

you can't name new shit after old shit. come up with something new if you want to give it a special name.
>>
>>69008718
Wikipedia shows edit history. That's not what that section said.

Skrillex sucks but he produced SM&NS himself.
>>
>>69008177
That's so awkward
>>
>>69008182
>>69008764
This actually makes a lot of sense, it sounds a little conspiracy theory-ish but it fits too well to be made up. Thanks for the answers I guess.
>>
>>69007885
I'm not a fan of his music but isnt it possible he just did it himself? everyone insists on there being some kind of grans conspiracy like he couldnt possibly have done it himself. I do see the through points to noisia and spor as well tho. I listen to noisia radio each week and they recently talked about skrillex was living in their studio while he made the record so in the least they probably helped him in some way.
>>
>>69009131
That's what I think too. I always wondered how some emo scene kid could come out of nowhere and produce something so crazy. Scary monsters sounds kinda deadmau5y if he just said fuck it and made the most abrasive thing he could think of.
>>
>>69009762
the drums sound directly from deadmau5.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.