[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*doot doot* MIDI TRUMPET Why does this album suck so much ass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: neo poseurcore.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
neo poseurcore.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
*doot doot* MIDI TRUMPET

Why does this album suck so much ass
>>
File: read the rules.png (4KB, 331x52px) Image search: [Google]
read the rules.png
4KB, 331x52px
>>
what's funny is black metal used midi instruments forever, just look at Summoning. if _that's_ what you have to say against this, you've outed yourself as false
>>
It's metal so it's shit
>>
>>69005528
Yeah, 95% of the posts here are of worse quality. Time to off yourself poseur
>>
>>69005482
why does it suck though
>>
>>69005621
because it ends at one point
>>
Ark Work as a whole is such a bizarre choice considering all that HHH wrote about transcendental black metal and the burst beat, i thought they'd go onwards and upwards from Aesthetica rather than sideways.

i wasn't a huge fan of a lot of the electronic instrumentation on Ark Work - specifically the sounds they chose - but you can see the rhythmic and harmonic consistency.

just a shame that they dropped black metal as a conduit, i thought it was an interesting direction for american black metal to take.

take it with a pinch of salt but i've heard that he took criticisms of his essay being nationalist waaaaayy too personally and dumped the entire aspect out of fear of being racist. which is stupid, but he's not exactly the brightest bulb.
>>
>>69005482
It doesn't.
>>69005567
this guy's on point
>>
>>69005482
It's actually really good and I need to listen to it again, it's been a while. Also, the Wolves in the Throne Room album that came out around the same time was a similar instance of an American Black Metal band moving in a surprising, electronic direction (although more surprising and electronic in that instance).
>>
File: 1443698712.jpg (21KB, 600x545px) Image search: [Google]
1443698712.jpg
21KB, 600x545px
>>69005482
midi trumpets on Kel Valhaal are my favourite thing on this album
>>
>>69005482
even a broken clock's right twice a day

liturgy fans need to be round up and gassed
>>
why would using a midi trumpet be a bad thing
>>
>>69005567
I don't understand how people can call this Black Metal.
>>
File: 870909.png (666KB, 552x600px) Image search: [Google]
870909.png
666KB, 552x600px
>>69006711
this.

I nut every time.
>>
>>69007190
They don't. People who don't know what Black Metal is call this Black Metal.
>>
>>69007190
>>69007445
it's the same deal as Sigh, they used to be black metal and then just moved on into progressive/experimental rock, but that connection to their roots still comes through so it's black metal by association with previous releases
>>
>>69005482
get a load of this hyperborean faggot
>>
>>69005696
I remember reading an interview about him saying the reaction to Aesthetica (ie large communities calling him a pretentious faggot) hurt him pretty deeply and is part of what made him not really want to do black metal anymore.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.