[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you think about this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 81OSuHzIsiL._SL1500_.jpg (456KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81OSuHzIsiL._SL1500_.jpg
456KB, 1500x1500px
what do you think about this?
>>
>>69001763
Max Richter is a joke of a composer
>>
>>69001800
All of this.

Stay away from Max Richter
>>
>>69001763
dude throw away half the notes lmao
>>
>>69001800
>>69001804
boldfaure pls go
>>
>>69001800
>>69001804

explain me why. too poppy? arvo paart is very pop too but guess you like him. give me some valid arguments, you can go on the very technical side if you like I'm a trained musician
>>
>>69001763
soundtrack-core
>>
>>69001861
Literally the definition of poseur material. Fans of Max Richter - especially on RYM have basically never listened to a classical recording in their entire lives. Probably the closest they've gotten is GYBE or Sigur Ros, which is consistantly namedropped in reviews. Take Memoryhouse for example, he basically does nothing with the material - he goes no where. It's a shallow puddle trying it's hardest to immitate an ocean. And for some reason people praise it as Modern Classical at it's peak.
>>
>>69001763
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaCib0B8T24
why does this sound like Deafheaven's Dream House ending so much
>>
and here I like Max Richter. it's calming. i can concede that many of his ideas are recycled but I still find it enjoyable and that's all that matters. Although, I honestly wouldn't call it classical.
>>
>>69001763
If you had any respect for classical music, you would not even support this fucking garbage.
>>
>>69001763
I guess i'll see him at the party.
>>
>>69001800
>>69001804
>>69001862
>>69001919
>>69002003
*tips fedora*
This is why no one likes classical fans
>>
>>69001763
pretty cool. reminds me of post rock a lot which is weird but its nice
>>
>>69001989
it's modern classical. basically mimics looping and electronic tropes without cheesy crescendos or pretentious emotional journeys. people are mad that he's a popular modern composer. yet no one complains about nils frahm
>>
File: 1450300104392.png (44KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1450300104392.png
44KB, 256x256px
>>69002041
lol, enjoy your pseudo intellectual god father Max Richter then, maybe he'll dumb down and make shitty "Recompositions" of other absolute classics. Go listen to actual classical music, or Vivaldi's Four Seasons - not this retarded garbage you people call "Modern classical" fuck off
>>
>>69002115
Nils Frahm never released on Deutsche nor does he pretend to be a classical composer.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfy2fs01ZkI
Never heard of this guy before, this is some Einaudi-tier cheese lol.
>>
File: 0sFC3YqgFwI.jpg (54KB, 758x760px) Image search: [Google]
0sFC3YqgFwI.jpg
54KB, 758x760px
>>69002041
That's not a fedora I'm wearing
>>
>>69002135
yet he does the same basic thing as richter. fuck off
>>
>>69002212
Idk man, I like Wintermusik, it's cute.
>>
>>69002041
as if you dont get this in every other genre ever
>>
It's the classical equivalent of smooth jazz Metallica covers.
>>
>>69002384
>smooth jazz Metallica covers
lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBmM79YadYM
>>
>>69002115
Also known as the "I never listen to classical music but I like indie music so there must be something for me" start pack:

Max Richter
Nils Frahm
Ólafur Arnalds
Jóhann Jóhannsson
A Winged Victory for the Sullen / Dustin O'Halloran
William Basinski

and then there's the "I listen to movie soundtracks" starter pack

Clint Mansell
Alexandre Desplat
Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
James Horner
Ennio Morricone

and it all melts into this fuckpot of hacks and their desperate fans
>>
>>69002115
It is kinda cheesy though, i like it but the crescendos are kinda cliched
>>
>>69002384
smooth jazz cover versions of metallica is better than metallica though

Case and point >>69002408
>>
>>69002535
this is so elitist but you actually look pleb

modern classical and classical and ambient are all different genres
>>
OP asked about max richter's album and you guys are just showing off about your tastes.. what if one like both richter and pierre henry?
>>
>>69002535
>talking shit about James Horner and Ennio Morricone
Off yourself
>>
>>69001919
i mean it just seems like you have an issue with his fans more than him lol
>>
>>69004652
Are you saying that I can't dislike an artist simply because the majority of their fans truly believe their music is something it isn't.

Btw, I also pointed out how his most acclaimed album Memoryhouse is a boring and pathetic excuse of classical music. It has a theme, but fails to explore that theme - you know, the thing that basically every classical composer atleast tried to strive towards.

Btw the album OP mentions - his so called "Recomposition" is nothing more than him (and his fans) taking a gigantic shit on what is already an acclaimed and beloved composition. His recomposition fails in one main category. PAYING FUCKING RESPECT TO THE ORIGINAL COMPOSER! I would be willing to bet that most of the people who have this piece of shit rated as anything above a 4/5 on RYM have no knowledge of - or respect for. Vivaldi.

So yes, I do hate his fans, I practically dispise them. But I also hate him, I hate his bland pseudo classical music, I hate the way he passes himself off as a composer. And I hate the way his fans praise him as such.
>>
>>69004765
>Are you saying that I can't dislike an artist simply because the majority of their fans truly believe their music is something it isn't.

well, yeah? i mean you can, but that's a dumb reason. if you hate his music and dislike him as an artist, then youre totally justified (which you have sufficiently argued). but disliking an artist because of his fans is silly. that being said, I agree with you: his work is cliche; it sounded like i already listened to memoryhouse when i did. i also think the people who think they are classical fans after listening to one his albums are idiots. that also being said, I liked it well enough and I'm sure if I listened to a lot of classical music, I probably wouldn't.
>>
>>69002041
>if you don't like my oversimplistic attempt at an incredibly complex world you're a le fedora

ayyyy
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.