[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was pic related innovative for its time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Radiohead.kida.albumart.jpg (74KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead.kida.albumart.jpg
74KB, 300x300px
Was pic related innovative for its time?
>>
I had never seen a shooting star before. 25 years of rotations, passes through comets' paths, and travel, and to my memory I had never witnessed burning debris scratch across the night sky.
>>
not at all. it's geetah's over aphex twin ripoffs

>>68993951
worst pitchfork review of all time, although they're all pretty bad
>>
What kind of question is that
What about it could be considered innovative

It was just a switcheroo from the pop taste of OKC
>>
Were you not alive at the time of its release? B& please go and stay gone
>>
>>68994328
Sometimes music is retroactively decided to be good due to innovation
Sometimes music is decided to be good based on the current paradigm of music.
This is the latter, equally valid to an individual liking an album due to innovation,
>>
not really but its still good
>>
>>68994372
You can be alive during an albums release and not be aware of its effects
>>
Well, the only kinda full on explanation you can make for it being innovative is a very specific one.

Radiohead, like The Beatles/Bowie/Pink Floyd/Opeth/other groups I can't think of atm cuz I am drinking, does the whole "we combine various aspects of many genres and have subtle little parts of each," creating a variable pallet of pop music.

Kid A is particularly innovative in putting together ideas from a variety of electronic music genres. Early Messiaen stuff, Krautrock, downtempo/trip hop, ambient, hip hop, computer music, and new wave. Obviously there's a string arrangement inspired from Penderecki in there, too somewhere.

It's all delivered in a relatively easy to digest pop music format, and the delivery of those particular music styles mentioned up there in a pop package is the innovative part.

Otherwise there's nothing actually innovative about the techniques/styles themselves. You can go through the names that inspired Radiohead to see the real innovators of the styles of music involved, and as far as I can know the idea of having a "many genre combo pop" thing started with Beatles, maybe Beach Boys.
>>
>>68993928
No, just unusual for a rock band
>>
>>68993951
how is that possible? look up, nigga
>>
>>68993928
It was innovative for Radiohead, and well executed.
>>
>>68994533
out of curiosity what do you hear from krautrock in kid a?
>>
i remember when it came out, everyone hated it and or was confused by it. I recall reading a review that said something like, "radiohead need to decide if they are going to be a rock band or electronic outfit, they should not do both" WTF?!
>>
>bleep bloop
>WOW SO INNOVATIVE
>>
>>68997874
I remember this, too. Not exactly innovative, but something different from Radiohead that threw everyone for a curveball.
>>
Innovative, but not inventive.
>>
File: 1423588047945.jpg (70KB, 820x735px) Image search: [Google]
1423588047945.jpg
70KB, 820x735px
lolno
>>
>>68993928
blending the big 4 of warp, krautrock and britpop isnt that innovative imo, but it had a big impact on pop music

>>68996585
optimistic is very krautrocky
>>
>>68993928

not exactly, it was more like the ultimate culmination of a lot of innovations that came before it, and I mean that in a good way.
>>
>>68999343
>Aphex Twin
>good
I'm not even a Radiohead fan, but nigga please.
>>
>>69000031
Wear a diaper, mike
>>
>>68993928
see Berlin School
>>
>>69000202
I'm not the one who like Autist Twin.
>>
>>68999343
bait
>>69000031
bigger bait
>>69000505
bait that has transcended the mortal plane
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.