[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw too poor to use anything better than cheap ear buds I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 41CpnHkeVvL._SY355_.jpg (9KB, 350x355px) Image search: [Google]
41CpnHkeVvL._SY355_.jpg
9KB, 350x355px
>tfw too poor to use anything better than cheap ear buds
I'm not missing out on much, right? Is this what being cucked is like?
>>
>>68992564
diminishing returns
a 150$ set of ear phones are only 14.7% better than a 9$ set
>>
>>68992564

nope you are not missing out on much anon. The Phillips she3590 is my favourite earbud - its unbelievable for the money. i have spent 30x more (before /hpg/ was around) and was dissapointed.

Focus on lossless files and better dac/amps - thats where the gains are.

the difference in sound between my old 30gig ipod and iphone 6s is stunning
>>
>>68992564
Only buy expensive headphones/earbuds if you want realistic sound and/or bass performance. You still hear everything, it's just that you miss alot of post-production stuff.
>>
>>68992658
How much of a difference would lossless files and dacs even make with cheap ear buds?
>>68992665
I suppose they prevent me from noticing loudness war shit and brickwalling.
>>
people who buy expensive headphones are the real cucks

you can buy great earbuds for like $20
>>
the $20 sony over-the-ear headphones you see in bestbuy are almost as good as my $200 sennheiser momentum. difference is that i went through 4 of those sony ones before i broke down and spent big money, and at the pace they were breaking at for me i've saved money by spending money.
>>
>>68992658
Stunning in a good way? Is the iPhone DAC any good?
>>
>>68992761
Sound quality wise you can do well with earbuds for cheap. Headphones (open and closed) bring a different element to the sound that feels unique and nice.
>>
>>68992564

Headphones are really prone to diminishing returns. Once you go past the point of around $150, everything above that is only marginally better. Heck I have tried earphones that were thousands of dollars, and they were definitely not even 100% better.
>>
>>68992755

dude speakers and headphone drivers are just a magnet - a coil of wire - a paper or plasic diaphram - and a case

the acoustics have been completely computer modelled and known for decade - they have pretty much been perfected

there is a saying in audio - source is everything

also subjectively a boutique headphone shop is down the road from me - i hang out there and trade hi-res files with the owner. I have plugged my 5 dollar Phillip she 3590 into a $1500 dollar Aste & Kern DAP, and they totally stood their ground against megabuck iems who just had a tad more bass definition.
>>
>>68992564
If you spend more than $30 on headphones you are a litteral cuck

Money should be spent in a system not shitty beats
>>
>>68992796

yep

http://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-6-plus.htm#measurements

"Holy cow; I tested a Beyerdynamic A200p DAC and headphone amp at the same time I had the iPhone 6 Plus in my audio lab, and the iPhone 6 Plus beat it! The iPhone 6 Plus has less distortion, flatter frequency response and much better ability to drive low-impedance headphones with low distortion than the dedicated portable amp!

While all iOS devices have always sounded great if you have good transfers, the audio output of the iPhone 6 Plus is now so improved that it sounds and measures about as well as professional reference DACs like the Benchmark DAC1 HDR, and better than many consumer DACs."
>>
>>68992761
How can you hear any music if you're deaf?
>>
>>68992564
youre missing out on both audio quality (less bass and lower mids and highs) and build quality. its worth it to save up like $80 for some sennheiser headphones. If you only use earbida exclusively everything will sound shit anyway
>>
>>68993030
awesome DAC it sounds like, thanks for the article
>>
I use the Panasonic RP-HJE120-K earbuds and I love them. Walmart sells Apple Earpods for like $9 through their website and those are great too.

It's not worth it to spend a lot of money on earbuds imo.
>>
File: a83.jpg (17KB, 285x279px)
a83.jpg
17KB, 285x279px
>using ear buds
>>
>>68992564
>I'm not missing out on much, right?
Yeah, you're missing out.

>>68992990
I spent $60 on mine. No way am I getting a good sound system with that budget.
>>
>There are people on this board who claim to love music but don't have equipment to fully appreciate it.

I don/t believe you should ever spend more than $500 on a single headphone but getting a dac/amp and a set of good headphones above $150 is a game changer.
>>
for home use i prefer headphones, but for public/out of home, earbuds are great, really any brand over $10 will do.
>>
Get xiaomi hybrid dual drivers, I have some fancy klipsch earbuds and they sound about the same but the xiaomis are piss cheap so I actually carry them with me in my pocket every day while the klipsch stay at home collecting dust.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.