[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is jazz the worst genre of music? >muh random infinite chords

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: ee9eeaaa.png (6KB, 321x157px) Image search: [Google]
ee9eeaaa.png
6KB, 321x157px
is jazz the worst genre of music?
>muh random infinite chords
>that fag who thinks blues is jazz
>>
>>68992401
>random
And that's why you're retarded
>>
Yeah man jazz has no structure at all. I swear every jazz song just goes in this manner

>song melody
>solo by sax guy
>solo by piano guy
>sax guy comes back in and play the melody
>end
>>
>jazz has no structure

Literally, LITERALLY, every jazz standard is just ii-V-I ad nauseum tho
>>
>>68992567
>literally the same thing over and over with improvisation
>jazz musicians are full of themselves cause of it
Jazz musicians are shitters
>>
This is why Jazz fusion, jazz rock, Acid jazz are better than just straight jazz. No one wants to hear someone noodling for 8 minutes
>>
Some people think jazz is really good and if there is a lot of jazz then there's going to be a lot of really good jazz to listen to. Do you want to listen to a lot of good music?
Jazz has great musicians and albums, technically proficient artists with vision, dingbat geniuses, girls, and big instruments. What more could you ever want in a style of music? Guitar solos? Check. 'Nuf said? yeah dad. run along junior
>>
>>68993002

I would say jazz is really more about the musician than the music itself. Whereas in an orchestra, you are concerned with what pieces you are playing, in jazz you are more concerned about who the player is and how good his inner voice is.
>>
>/mu/ is this retarded
shocking
>>
>>68994055
at times it can be a lot about the musicians, that's one way to look at it. maybe that's why Mingus's 'orchestral' albums stood out; very little focus on any individual performer, Mingus included. Meanwhile Carl Bley calls on every big name of the late 60s and predictably it ends up being a shit show
>>
>>68992401
Jazz is poor man's classical
>>
>>68994329
Why can't the poor have nice things too?
>>
Jazz is coo
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.