[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Saucerful of Secrets the best Pink Floyd album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Why is Saucerful of Secrets the best Pink Floyd album?
>>
because it was recorded after roger water's death
>>
Title track is the GOAT Floyd song, maybe the GOAT song in general.
>>
>>68987978
What did he mean by this?
>>
Because I feel special saying it is and I think other people are focused on me and interested in what I think is good so I have to preform through what I like and try to be an artist through my appreciation of art itself because of my ego.

Still a great album though.
>>
File: 1459475262047.jpg (29KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1459475262047.jpg
29KB, 960x540px
>>68987978
>tfw Syd had to be the one to go crazy and die
>Roger is still alive and milking The Wall for all it's worth
>>
>what is the piper at the gates of dawn
>>
>>68988422
OP here. Saucerful>Piper
>>
>>68987943
I think the loss of Syd in the band promoted creative growth for Pink Floyd that began with this record. The title track was recorded after his departure, and that was basically the framework they worked with up through the mid 70's. Pink Floyd and Syd Barret are basically polar opposites as far as their attitude and aesthetic goes. They seemed like they were on the same musical plane in the 60's but Pink Floyd hadn't done their best work yet. If they had the albums they released throughout the 70's would have failed like the Gilmour records. Humans peak from twenty eight through thirty five, their work of the 70's is their highest contribution to music. They were distinctive as far as other prog bands of the time went as a result of Roger Water's bleak and sometimes esoteric in the context of ambient and downtrodden prog opuses.
>>
>>68987943
dude lsd lmao
>>
>>68988215
>unironically thinking this
>>
I wanna beat this shit out of you while the kazoo part from Corporal Clegg plays on loop so you remember why this is happening
>>
>>68990488
holy shit yes
>>
>>68988381
wow its almost like its ok to like something
>>
>>68988550
roger waters could only hope to write as well as syd barrett, his lame attempt to copy interstellar overdrive is pitable
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.