[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest opinion of Ghost, GO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: jQUEYwx.jpg (98KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
jQUEYwx.jpg
98KB, 1280x800px
Honest opinion of Ghost, whether you love them or hate them, go!
>>
They're okay
I'm not really a metal guy but I've listened to Opus Eponymous and it was okay, albeit disappointing because I was expecting it to be more Scooby doo-y than it was
>>
>>68983742
What's YOUR opinion on Ghost?
>>
good music

gay edgy psuedosatanism

swedish vocals
>>
I think they're alright. Fun and tongue-in-cheek. I found out about them since the release of the debut album, and I'm glad they went big. Granted I never listened to the other albums.
>>
>>68983778
Great music, great live performance, the satanist ploy was silly at first, now i feel it's endearing
>>
>>68983742
Love me some occult psychedelic rock.
I liked their first album, the second one lost some of that late 60s rock vibe, the third one is just too overproduced for me.
>>
used to listen to their first album on repeat all day.
got tired of them by their second album.
now I don't care about anything new they make and don't listen to them at all.
>>
>>68983742
scooby doo chase music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67dVpgUry7Q
>>
>>68983867
I love it
>>
I don't hate them but I hate some of their fans.

Issues:
* handed around as a metal band – they're not
* obvious gimmick that seems of equal importance as the music to the band
* "occult" lyrics that are supposed to be 3spoopy but are just unintentional hilarious
* as for the music itself: boring, there are better nostalgia bands out there

So there.

Maybe I do hate them.
>>
>>68983742
I love metal and I like Ghost. Not all metal has to be really heavy - If Maiden is metal then Ghost is.
>>
>>68983742
They sound nothing like they look
>>
they do nothing for me. the songs are well written and pretty sophisticated. the vocals suck though and its low energy music to the point that it sounds like theyre bored and jaded
>>
One of those bands who I know just enough about to know that listening to them would probs be a waste of my time.
>>
Ghost is a more black metal band than any other modern bm act
>>
>>68985736
>low energy music to the point that it sounds like theyre bored and jaded
this is my problem with them, they can sound as much scooby doo as they want, but there's no fun.
>>
>>68983742
Indifferent. They're cheesy but all metal is cheesy so I give them a pass. I just personally don't like cheese.

Their cover art is pretty cool looking though
>>
File: 1183376.jpg (16KB, 206x300px) Image search: [Google]
1183376.jpg
16KB, 206x300px
>>68983781
>swedish vocals
what are you getting at?
>>
>>68983742
Commercial image + Commercial music

If you're into that, it's your right. I'm not, however.
>>
While I like the gimmick they got, I wanted something more... substantial. I just wish they had more going for them.
>>
I like them a lot. Meliora is their best album.
>>
Big fan. Meliora is one of my favorite releases of '15.

I find the second record underrated as fuck, it has a good balance of an occult and the typical hard rock/doom metal sound. Opus is solid too, but I got into them later and have yet to explore it like I have the more recent albums.

I'd really like to see them live, I hear their show is great! Their image and anonymity is a decent enough gimmick, but I enjoy the music enough that it's not the only appeal for me.
>>
slipknot-lite
>>
>>68983742
I only like Ghost's very first album, Opus Eponymous. It's their only good album.

I've seen them live twice. First in 2012, then again in 2014. They were amazing the first time because they actually stood still and played their instruments. They treated their set as though it was a church service and never broke character.

Then in 2014 they were fucking dancing around on stage and not even playing their instruments because there were so many backing tracks. It was fucking awful. Now i hate them. they suck, but I remember how good they were when they first started. And FUCK Infestissumam and Meliora. Both those albums suck and are really fucking overrated.
>>
edgy teenager-core desu
>>
>>68983742
Opus Eponymous is straight evil. Everything after that is just gay.
>>
I saw em stoned as fuck back in 2012
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.