[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SOAD new album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: system-of-a-down-new-album-2017.jpg (88KB, 955x500px) Image search: [Google]
system-of-a-down-new-album-2017.jpg
88KB, 955x500px
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
FINALLY
SYSTEM IS BACK
15 TRACKS CONFIRMED
>>
Sick source I totally believe this
>>
>>68978886
Google it motha fucka
Reverse image search
I'm at a bar so I just quickly saved the picture in the article and posted it here.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-09-21-48-10.png (404KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-09-21-48-10.png
404KB, 1080x1920px
Take a shitty screenshot. I'm playing billiards with friends who don't care about this shit. Get hype with me.
>>
>>68978915
Oh damn you ain't lying alright this is cool I like this
>>
>>68978995
12 years, ma dude
I was in middle school when their last album dropped. They used to be my favorite band. It's a strange yet amazing feeling.
>>
Made a thread about this last night and not a single reply, /mu/ is real anti nu-metal at the moment.
>>
>>68979063
/mu/ is just ultra slow right now because /pol/ has stolen tons of anons from everywhere.
>>
Sort of hype. I have to say though, I feel like their albums get worse chronologically, hope this album breaks that trend. Will always be excited about their stuff thanks to that GOAT s/t album though.
>>
>>68979011
Yeah I was a huge fan in middle school too. Hypnotize is probably the reason I'm as into music as I am now. I was reading an article about this though and John was saying they wanted to "attract a new generation of SOAD fans" so I hope that goes ok
>>
>>68979144
>John was saying they wanted to "attract a new generation of SOAD fans"

So basically Serj will fuck it up with the large influence he will put on the album. Also, I'm pretty sure they'll talk shit about Trump in one of their songs.
>>
>>68979510
It pains me to say Serj is my biggest fear for the new album. I hope the other members keep him in check.
>>
>>68979510
i swear if they make an anti trump song...they seem smarter than that though. they would more likely make an anti clinton/obama song. i would honestly be more excited for a scars on broadway release.
>>
Hopefully there's a lot of neat layered guitar stuff on it like Hypnotize/Mezmerize.
>>
>>68979117
been a huge fan since i was 12 and system of a down dropped. personally i think that each album was better than the last, with hypnotize being my favorite.
>>
If Daron is in charge of everything and they don't invite Rick Rubin, it's going to be a great album. If Serj or Shavo are too involve in the process, it's going to be shit. Also, Serj is not able to sing anymore, so he needs to stay on back vocals, just like Shavo.
>>
System of a Shit, more like
>>
>>68979846

I'd say it's pretty likely that they'll go anti trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUzd9KyIDrM
>>
system of a down is SO bad.

i hate that every time i tell someone i like metal they think i'm talking about system of a down or some other nu-metal garbage
>>
No Syndrome of a Down yet?

There ya go.

I'll listen to it. S/T through STA are all great, and the Hypnotize/Mesmerize combo has it's shining moments. I don't expect much, but I'll listen to it.
>>
>/mu/ likes soad now

just when yo think this board can not sink any lower
>>
>>68979011
>>68979144
>>68979897
take off your fucking nostalgia goggles holy fuck

this album will be the end of mu i can feel it
>>
>>68980924
They are off. I'm excited to listen to their new sound but honestly I don't have much faith in their abilities anymore. I know this album is going to disappoint but it's still pretty cool that it exists. Just like Wildflower.
>>
>>68980865
they aren't mentioned much on here but when they are its always talked about positively

get with the times granpa
>>
>>68980865
Agreed. They're genuinely shit and I'm not even memeing. It's like when completely average games/films from the mid-2000s get praised on their respective boards because the kiddies grew up with them.
>>
>>68980865
/mu/ always liked SOAD. Not as much as NMH or AnCo, but for a metal band from late 90s and early 00s they get a pretty decent love here.

You are just a newfag.
>>
>tfw too old and see the generation who grew up with SOAD here
>>
soad is like nu metal but not good

too abrasive, not technical enough, not enough melody, songwriting may as well be a random word generator, singing is way over the top, drums and bass are always subdued in the mix to give way for shitty chuggy riffs, dude drugs lmao, dude (((politics))) lmao

i still like em though
>>
>>68982819
>its always talked about positively
this is bullshit. you're just trying to shill this horrendously tacky political band which desecrates the name of metal. the vocals are absolutely terrible, the lyrics are simple-minded and immature, and the 21pilots-like attempt to blend genres is vomit-inducing. it's all so fake and pandering to the edgy teen demographic. it's like they try so hard to come off as this hard, confrontational band, but they just sound like old losers trying to emulate a style from the outside looking in. plus they're still trying to sell as many cds as possible. it's pop music hidden under the thin facade of "metal"

>>68982925
>/mu/ always liked SOAD
this is also bullshit. i've been here for 5 years and i never see them talked about here.
>>
>>68978845
I'm not expecting anything but even if just two decent songs come out of this then I'll be happy
>>
system of a down is metal for normie plebs
>oh yeah man i like screamo. have you heard toxicity by system of a down? what about down with the sickness by disturbed?
>>
>>68984357

/mu/ always talks about shit, don't expect soad here
>>
File: 091.jpg (50KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
091.jpg
50KB, 500x281px
>>68984357
>21pilots-like attempt to blend genres
>>
In the core they're pretty similar to Death Grips. Also, if you say it's just because "nostalgia", why doesn't mu like other numetal Acts from that time?
>>
It will be like a new Linkin Park album but with their autistic yelling and screeching. 90% of the lyrics will be about INSTITUSHIONAL RAYCISM BIGOTRY AND HAET. You're welcome.
>>
>>68979846
with the exception of bush in their music videos, they're generally just anti-american democracy. so anything governmental they would say would be either pointed at the military or a general shot at the govt. as a whole.
>>
Will this be better or worse than Sol Invictus
>>
>>68987677
yes
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.