[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember that time David Byrne wore blackface?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: image.png (914KB, 828x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
914KB, 828x750px
Remember that time David Byrne wore blackface?
>>
wtf I hate white people now?
>>
I'll tell you later
>>
>>68977210
Wtf I hate cultural appropriation now.
>>
File: IMG_3869.gif (3MB, 360x264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3869.gif
3MB, 360x264px
Wtf DAT SPICY RUNNING BOY stole my gf!!!!
>>
File: god_bless.jpg (59KB, 573x433px) Image search: [Google]
god_bless.jpg
59KB, 573x433px
>>68977210

God bless this autist tbqh:

-Hey guys, I know. Let's um.. let's call the album "BUILDINGS AND FOOD xD"

-FINE.

>be mugged

>Brian: "FUCK!!!" DAVID!"

>*David, being picked up by mugger-raper people*: "Er, hm. Uh-oh!"

>I shall wear a big suit! It will be cool!

>Tina you just don't get it. Don't be a cunt please.
>>
>>68977210

I know it's through the double lens of culture and old faded VHS, but the essential image here is a fairly convincing black guy image. If the image were presented to most people with zero context and at a moment's notice then most people would have no initial difficulty with describing the image as one of a black guy, unless they figured that they were being put on the spot or something.

The point being that this is a very good snapshot of blackface, historically speaking. And if you do this type of thing in just-the-right context, you can actually get away with it, unlike these days. David Bryne did blackface 30 years ago (alongside others), in just-the right context, and got away with it. Will ferrell said Nigger in a big loud proud white voice live on national television and got away with it, because the context was juuuust right. And it's fun to get away with stuff years ago which is now un-PC. This is part of why we voted for Trump, because he says the things that we would be fired if we were known for saying them. Because we want to bring about a culture where we can speak our minds again.
>>
>>68978981
i can't find the original interview with the uh oh thing does anyone have it
>>
File: 1457401293607.png (321KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1457401293607.png
321KB, 640x360px
post rare byrnes
>>
File: david byrne.jpg (20KB, 341x163px) Image search: [Google]
david byrne.jpg
20KB, 341x163px
>>
>>68978981
sources on all of these quotes/incidents? i haven't heard of most of them
>>
>>68978981
He also tried to stop Tina from joining the band because he thought a woman's place was in the home
>>
File: IMG_3898.jpg (272KB, 1166x1712px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3898.jpg
272KB, 1166x1712px
>>68979547
>>
Is this what /mu/ has become now
>>
>>68979090
The facial structure gives away his race though. That's not a face of a black man.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.