[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ween appreciation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: ween-er.jpg (880KB, 2199x1235px) Image search: [Google]
ween-er.jpg
880KB, 2199x1235px
THE SUN COMES UP
AND I'M ALL WASHED OUT

IS THIS WHAT DEANER WAS TALKING ABOUT
>>
File: lmlyp.jpg (367KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
lmlyp.jpg
367KB, 2000x1125px
You fucked up - You bitch
You really fucked up
You fucked up - You fucking nazi whore
>>
so, i'm late to the game. grew up on punk rock like nofx and rancid. one free concert ticket, and an 1/8 of mushrooms got me into the phish scene back in '98. saw ween at lockn' this summer, and they blew my fucking mind. like, jaw on the floor amazement. really made me wonder how my life would have changed had i found ween back then. after i dug into the catalog, ween is definitely a band i would have become obsessed over. well, no time like the present. glad that gener is healthy, and the band seems happy, so hopefully we get many more years of live shows and new, exciting live music.

long live the boognish
>>
File: yay.jpg (296KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
yay.jpg
296KB, 900x600px
ween is releasing their first album since 2008. it's a live show recorded just days after 9/11. they played through their album "god WEEN satan"

Uncertain whether or not to cancel their re-release party for GodWeenSatan: The Oneness on Sept. 14, 2001, just days after the tragic events of 9/11, Ween took the stage at their local bar, John & Peter’s, in New Hope, PA. What unfolded was pure catharsis for both the band and the packed crowd. Ween ran through the album in its entirety and captured the show on 24-track tape. This release, the band’s first since 2008, is that never-before-heard recording.
>>
File: weenyoung.jpg (23KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
weenyoung.jpg
23KB, 400x300px
these dudes were born to rock.

long live, the ween
>>
i'd be curious to hear from folks who seen them in the 90s, or before the break up. friends told me that they thought the band was in real bad shape back in 2009-2010. just looked wasted and fucked up.

also, most of their shows are on archive.org. please recommend some shows

thanks
>>
weeeeeeeeeen
>>
Someone recently uploaded the Scraping the Palm for Guava tape on youtube, which has been notoriously hard to find. Its not great, but its a neat listen.
>>
>>68973876
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>68975555

awesome, listening now.

they have such an interesting origin story. two buddies who liked taking mushrooms and making weird music with their drum machines. was thinking today it would be kinda cool to see them tour as a duo. but the rest of the band is incredible.

they are playing vegas in feb. here's to hoping they'll continue to tour
>>
>>68975993
I've wondered the same thing, but the thing is, most of their early songs are much better with a full band backing them up. Big Jilm is good on Pure Guava, but fantastic live with a full band. Same for most of their early rockers. They really have progressed as a band, and it shows.
>>
>>68975993
i honestly like them as a duo more than a full band, but full band is still amazing
>>
>>68975555
this tape is fucking great
>>
>>68976182
>>68977695

dave dreiwitz and claude coleman jr bring such a tight groove to the creative ideas of the ween bros. the pianist, glenn mcclelland delivers such a subtle touch to the arrangements. really enjoy the raw power of their live performances. really tight group.

it would be super interesting to see the duo in smaller venues, but in my opinion, nothing can beat the energy of a full band rocker
>>
>>68975937
i know you're doing a timely meme, but here's the response via deaner:

Question::What was Deaner Talkin’ About
A- The number one most asked question so far. Aaron wrote that song about me, it’s one of the many songs with our names in the title, Leave Deaner Alone, I Saw Gener Cryin’ in His Sleep, Gener’s Gone, etc. But anyway, that song is about anxiety, before I even knew that the shitty feeling had a name to it. I used to have massive panic attacks in my early 20′s, especially in the morning, or late at night when I would have trouble sleeping, unreasonable fears about life, ridiculous, wild, horrible fantasy trips that ended in catastrophe. It’s an awful thing if you’ve lived with it and can relate. Aaron and I lived together back then and I would talk to him about it and he was very good at chilling me out. Eventually everyone experiences it at some point, usually before traveling, or before having to publicly speak, whatever. Acute anxiety is a bitch though, it means you live in a constant state of of panic, “fight or flight” syndrome they call it too. Anyway, I guess Aaron got a good dose of it himself one day and wrote that song. I was able to overcome it in time by doing the work, a lot of reading, therapy, all that shit. It’s been many years now since I’ve felt that way, except in tiny doses, during times that would rattle anyone’s cage. Now I can spot it, see it for what it really is, and just let it pass. Let it pass man.
>>
haven't listened to this yet, but it's a crazy NYE show full of covers (from nirvana to grateful dead)

https://archive.org/details/Ween2002-12-31
>>
File: cover.jpg (59KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
59KB, 1280x1280px
Pure Guava is probably one of my all time favorite albums but Exactly Where I'm At is without a doubt one of the greatest songs of all time.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.