[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we please have a prog thread? Pretty please?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Can we please have a prog thread? Pretty please?
>>
could you have picked a worse picture of king crimson, OP?
>>
That's the most embarrassing picture of KC I've ever seen. I didn't want to know Fripp was so hairy.
>>
File: folder.jpg (468KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
468KB, 1000x1000px
Okay
>>
Was freddy mercury secretly Fripp with a faux mustache?
>>
when the fuck was this picture taken?
>>
What the fuck is Fripp wearing?
>>
it looks like that bald guy isn't actually bald
>>
>>68970843
Tony Levin is bald as fuck.
>>
File: fourth-55f5f98a5e9a3.jpg (346KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fourth-55f5f98a5e9a3.jpg
346KB, 1000x1000px
This is phenomenal
>>
>>68970925
P R O V E I T
R
O
V
E

I
T
>>
>>68970933
agreed, very underrated
>>
>>68970962
I like Third more, but people seem to only talk about Third around here. Fourth and Fifth are both great fusion albums
>>
>>68971000
sixth (the studio album) is great as well
>>
>>68971012
They were such a talented group of musicians. Ever hear any of their live stuff?
>>
>>68971075
ya the sixth live album, it's good but not as good as their studio stuff
>>
>>68971096
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UE-yhNPHYs
this performance in particular is very nice
>>
>>68971123
haha i think i've actually seen this one now that i see it. Man, Out-Bloody-Rageous is such a fucking amazing song..
>>
>>68971151
the tape loops in the beginning of the studio version are just so cosmic and gorgeous. my favorite of theirs by far.
>>
>>68971189
same, dude. Everyone always talks about Moon In June but Out-Bloody Rageous is just so damn dreamy and futuristic. How it builds, releases and then dissolves again... Ratledge was the true genius of Soft Machine imo, his organ solo in the beginning of Facelift is probably my favorite solo of all time.
>>
>>68971242
I think all the members were very talented and important, but Ratledge definitely isnt talked about enough. Robert Wyatt is fantastic, but damn Ratledge was really something else
>>
>>68971301
yeah sad his solo career didn't materialize
>>
>>68971318
Yeah seriously. I'd love to have heard more stuff like Out-Bloody-Rageous. At least the rest of the Soft Machine stuff is fantastic
>>
>>68971350
yeah that song is actually a pretty big achievement when you think about it. What other rock song or atleast prog rock song incorporates minimalist electronics that incredibly?
>>
>>68971390
They really were serious innovators and experimenters.
>>
>>68971458
yeah for sure. hearing the end of OBR just now with that pulsing bassline and that orgasmic ascending sax had me trippin'
>>
Is almendra worth getting into?
>>
>>68971458
i wonder what they sounded like with daevid allen in the band
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.