[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you guys think of this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: a3395996241_10.jpg (294KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a3395996241_10.jpg
294KB, 1200x1200px
What did you guys think of this album?
>>
Aoty shame joyce manor wasn't that good, otherwise it would have been year of pop punk and comebacks
>>
i like the cover
the music is not my thing
>>
>>68950034
I agree, it's my album of the year. I thought the Joyce Manor was pretty decent actually, but it didn't blow me away.

>>68950046
Understandable, I've been a jeff rosenstock fan since the bomb the music industry days, his music isn't for everyone. Funny though, I'm actually not a huge fan of the cover.
>>
>>68950020
better than we cool and aoty
>>
>>68950064
this is funny because my first couple times listening to this album i thought it was good but nowhere near as good as we cool. definitely think its way better now though.
>>
Easily his best work from a songwriting stand point
>>
I loved it personally. Not too much I was actually disappointed by.
>>
>>68950153
Completely agree. It makes me feel good that other people feel the same way, like I said I've been a fan for a really long time and his music has been so good lately.

>>68950157
I think the only thing for me is that I really have to listen to the whole album in one sitting. The tracks don't really sound good by themselves (there are some exceptions, of course, most of the first half of the album stands for itself)
>>
>>68950064
i love worry, its my AOTY (that is until the last ramshackle glory album drops), but we cool is just far more concise, both lyrically and instrumentally. its a condensed version of pretty much everything jeff has been writing and singing about for years now. it hits all the bases. its like all of BTMI boiled down into one release.

i mean fuck, the opening lines alone man. get old forever is jeff in spades.
>>
>>68950179
Totally agree with you man. It's like he figured out the best parts of btmi and finally made it into something that is a lot more digestible. I used to love btmi when i was in middle school and early high school but it's a little hard for me to go back and listen to them now. His stuff lately though is like everything I liked about btmi but better.
>>
Makes me glad to be alive
>>
Honestly slept on this one, downloading now.

Played a show with Jeff earlier this year and he mentioned the new album in the works but I've been so busy with other shit I totally didn't even realize it already came out.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>68950020
i really like it. it has some really great moments, and almost all of the songs are super good and catchy. i just wish he hadn't used such weird and scattered instrumentation. it would have been 100x better with just guitar bass and drums instead of all that weird electronic shit. that aspect of it makes it sound kind of scattered and unfocused. still a really nice album though.
>>
His best work since vacation, IMO
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.