[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So he's basically the black captain beefheart?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: exuma.jpg (2MB, 1200x1203px) Image search: [Google]
exuma.jpg
2MB, 1200x1203px
So he's basically the black captain beefheart?
>>
>>68942796
corroborating that blacks do in fact do it better
>>
>>68942796
>>68942887
Captain Beefheart is Bill Clinton tier white black guy though
>>
a 3-way beefheard-exuma-zappa supergroup would've been amazing
>>
I thought I was going to listen to some Caribbean innovative mystical freak folk shit instead I get pop-oriented tracks with a bit of zombie and voodoo gimmicks

its like Pirates Of the Caribbean 2 (indigenous island), too polished, too westernized

5/10 not bad but not transcendental neither
>>
>>68942942
Sorry if it didn't click with ya pal. Maybe some day.
>>
Nah exuma is far more accessible and interesting in my opinion than beefheart. Like he's coming from a folk music tradition unlike beefheart who just tried to sound weird.
>>
File: 1382187638206.jpg (26KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1382187638206.jpg
26KB, 300x400px
I'M SHREXUMA

I'M THE OOOOOOGRE MAN
>>
>>68942942
>poor grammar
>'pop' used derisively
>admits seeing pirates of the caribbean 2

shit taste
>>
>>68942942
Listen to Exuma II. It's closer to what you described
>>
>>68943063
>I've only listened to TMR from Beefheart;s discography
>>
>>68942942

name an album that you would consider "Caribbean innovative mystical freak folk".
>>
>>68943092
nice arguments
you know I'm right, you can't defend properly your first exotic album, kek
>>
File: 1428625326974.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1428625326974.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>>68943169
Which ones would you recommend then? Could you describe exactly what beefheart is if it isn't TMR?
But yeah you're 100% right there anon.
>>
>>68943092

>he doesn't like Pirates of the Caribbean 2
>>
>>68943321
bruh, you're watching and referencing shit films while trying to justify yourself as some avant garde taste maker.
you're straight goofin
>>
>>68943322
Safe As Milk and Doc at the Radar Station are the only other ones I've listened to, admittedly. There's weirdness in them, no doubt, but they're not as out there as TMR.
>>
>>68943281
I don't know one
I was just hyped by people describing it like this
>>
>>68943321
There's no reason to defend it really. You're right in saying that Exuma has some tracks would pop structures, namely The Obeah Man, Dambala, Mama Loi Papa Loi, and You Don't Know what's Going On

The reason it has such a mystical, traditional reputation is because of the percussion, which is one of the best parts about it imo, but I'm probably biased after a long time of playing traditional percussion.

Even so, it still lives up to reputation with Seance in the Sixth Fret, and The Vision. And people seem not to care about the groove in this album. Immediately, it starts with a crazy fun, crazy groovy track, and yet it still has this "mystical" reputation.

But like I said earlier, Exuma II lives up to that reputation much more than Exuma does, so listen to that
>>
>>68943342
POTC 3 > POTC 2
>>
>>68943527
You convinced me mate.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o-kDk-O1H8

this is better, IMO
>>
>>68942796
he's looking at us
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.