[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ABBA In all honesty, are they pleb or patrician? Thoughts on them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ABBA.jpg (509KB, 2500x1666px) Image search: [Google]
ABBA.jpg
509KB, 2500x1666px
ABBA

In all honesty, are they pleb or patrician? Thoughts on them?
>>
Both
>>
>>68938536
Production was patrician, songwriting quality varied heavily, fanbase 100% pleb.
>>
>>68938536
They're great. They made some of the best pop songs of all time.
>>
They have some good pop songs but I personally think that the only reason people squwak about them is they were essentially Eurovision winners that made it in America, so many people from Northern Europe suck so bad at music and ESPECIALLY pop so they pretty much set the standard for "making it". Absolutely undeniably influential, absolutely undeniably overrated.
Also the blonde one isn't even hot.
>>
File: 1464082839632.jpg (25KB, 200x364px) Image search: [Google]
1464082839632.jpg
25KB, 200x364px
perhaps it doesn't matter after all the albums, tours, musicals and millions upon millions stacked high but they're only now getting their proper critical due, even in their native sweden (where they, believe it or not, were public enemy #1 back in the day)

fucking great band, honestly. masterful melodies, iconic (if corny) looks. what else could you want from a pop group?

beware of the albums, unless you wanna dig deep. the first two are spectacularly awful any way you cut it, the others get progressively better but you're gonna have to dodge some serious filler all the way through the end. visitors is their only really solid LP

pic related is all the abba the average person is ever gonna need. sure, gold is one of the best compilations ever, along with its follow-up, but i believe they're both gathered on this box right here. just one killer hit after another, and all the relevant deep cuts
>>
>>68938857
ABBA The Album and Voulez-Vous are solid albums.
>>
>>68938536
They're really not bad. At least their big albums (Super Trouper, Ring Ring, and Arrival). The rest is pretty spotty.
>>
>>68938536
See this thread: >>68934834 ABBA is "secretly patrician."

>>68938857
>the first two are spectacularly awful any way you cut it
This isn't true, lots of cool songs on both Ring Ring (title track, "Disillusion", "Nina, Pretty Ballerina", "Love Isn't Easy", "I Am Just a Girl") and Waterloo (title track, "King Kong Song", "Hasta Manana", "Honey, Honey", "What About Livingstone?", "Gonna Sing You My Lovesong").
Also agree with this >>68940223 and would raise you I think both The Album and Voulez-Vous are better than Visitors. Visitors is great but there's definitely some boring-ass filler.
>>
As someone mainly into Techno I don't really enjoy them
>>
ABBA? More like ABBABY
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.