[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Money Store Appreciation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: TheMoneyStore.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
TheMoneyStore.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
Remembering and showing love to one of the best albums of this decade. No doubt will this album be remembered for years to come and in the far future. Share what you love about this album and the moments that stand out to you the most.

>The opening sample for Punk Weight
>The fuzzed out sampled bells that chime in at the start of Double Helix
>THE TABLES TURNED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
>>
ASSEENFOOTAGE
>>
>>68936826
Amazing thread
>>
There isn't a bad moment on this album. Join favourite album. The Fever is my fav song from it.
>>
Do people actually like this band or is it just a meme? What exactly is so good about them?
>>
>>68937194
this is their most accessible album so you might as well give the entire thing a shot if you haven't already. Then you will know.
>>
>>68937194
It's just music dude. Some people like them, some don't.
>>
>>68937230
>>68937242
All i hear is some nigga yelling over a bunch of noise. I gotta be missing something.
>>
>>68937380
try focusing on the noise and only enjoy the nigga yelling as a joke
>>
>>68937194
Catchy industrial production with intense synth and sample work combined with nice rhythm and schizophrenic rapping flow.

The rapping style by itself is arguably memey but the final combined product is great. TMS manages to be both very catchy and poppy while still feeling aggressive and strange, with very creative sound design. The hooks and drops/choruses are written well.

Also, DG as a group come across as authentic, sincere, and very introverted, which attracts /mu/ similarly to Jeff Mangum's appeal.
>>
>>68937402
i don't listen to dg ironically but i do ironically enjoy the shit lyrics. They're interesting even though they're bad
>>
>>68937380
Think of the yelling as just another drum or percussion instrument. Don't get distracted by the lyrics or voice, at least while you're first trying to get into them.
>>
Ok, gonna give this album a couple more listens. Wish me luck.
>>
>>68937155
Joint*
>>
It's Ride that seals DG imo. Tried to listen to the instrumental version of a few songs and its just not same, like, without him its pointless, its like an assassin without a target. Seriously try to listen to Hacker without him.

Who /asswholebones/ here?
>>
>>68936813
The Dollar Shop
>>
the fucking plebs on this board
>>68937424
>>68937421
>>68937402
>>68937380
I swear to god,
listen to the fucking lyrics they give a whole new context to the music. what you didn't buy the CD? dont get the lyrics in the sleeve? awww

you people disgust me
>>
>>68937813
I've read the lyrics. I think the meaning and emotion behind it is good, but there's a fine line between artistically subtle and annoyingly vague and discombobulated. I suspect those word choices are chosen more for the musicality than meaning, even if he has a clear meaning in mind underneath it.

Also, the delivery is sometimes predictable to the "Ride" character's style.
>>
>>68937813
I can hear the lyrics by ear since i've spent a lot of time listening to the albums while reading the lyrics
i have no way to interpret their lyrics it just sounds like wordmeme
>>
>>68937424
>>68937421
>>68937402
>>68937380

If you're saying this, you're forcing yourself to like Death Grips. You don't like them. Stop.
>>
>>68937996
I honestly love Death Grips a lot. Almost every song on all their albums.

I'm just recommending a way for a newcomer to get into them. I'm not saying Ride's rapping should be ignored, but it's often jarring for people when first introduced. They'll grow to love the vocals once they get the songs.
>>
>>68937996
>>68937813

This wtf, the lyrics are key to DG imo.

Imagine being so pleb that you can't into DG.
>>
Daily reminder that Trump hates The Money Store
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.