[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF happend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: Billy-corgan.jpg (49KB, 697x697px) Image search: [Google]
Billy-corgan.jpg
49KB, 697x697px
>first 3 albums are quality projects
>every other album after terrible garbage.

HOW does someone that used to make such great music make such terrible music?
>>
Adore, Machina, and Oceania are all solid.
>>
File: 1468481301378.png (12KB, 314x363px) Image search: [Google]
1468481301378.png
12KB, 314x363px
wrasslin is more important to Billy Bob than music ever was
>>
Pisces Iscariot is a great album, albeit compilation.
>>
It's the 3 album rule most every Western rock band follows and Japan seems to defy. Basically listen to more nip music.
>>
File: billybill.jpg (128KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
billybill.jpg
128KB, 970x545px
>>
>>68931055
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryYcyt8FPlg
>>
Billy Corgan is shit. He looks and smells like shit. Also, he loves to shovel shit into his mouth.
But Smashing Pumpkins' output from their debut to the year 2000 is really good.
>>
Wresslin' is patrician as fuck. Watch out for the Japanese wave that's about to hit the WWE in a bit.
>>
>>68931096 couldnt have said it better myself desu.
>>
>>68931085
this is hard to watch.
>>
Is dat stephan maleknew
>>
>>68930807
Adore > everything else.
>>
>>68930807
He was being carried by his bandmates.
>>
>>68930807
the sad, harsh truth is that talent is finite
>>
>>68931134
>about to hit wwe
they already have itami, ibushi, nakamura, and asuka
>>
Fuck off Pitbull is great
>>
This band is garbage. Even Colly Mellon and the Infinite Dildo was shit.
>>
>>68930807
Why are you talking shit about Mr. Worldwide?
>>
that's the case with most bands though

and the explanation is pretty simple, you start a band cause you have some cool ideas for songs/sounds, then maybe you create your masterpiece but then you're out of ideas and you have no real career and you just have to spew out music to pay the bills
>>
>>68931558
t. Stephen Malkmus
>>
Same thing with R.E.M., Dizzee Rascal, Metallica.
>>
>>68933092
Except DR never made good music and post cliff metallica is shit
>>
>>68933215
I agree with you about post-Burton Metallica, although I do think Boy In Da Corner holds up.
>>
>>68930807
Zeitgeist is underrated. It was marketed, packaged, and sold in an extremely poor manner and then was clumsily ran through the ringer during that weird transitional period in the mid to late 2000s where everyone stopped buying CDs almost completely and record companies were shitting the bed left and right. I consider this album one of their best yet it seem to be one of the most over looked in their discog.
>>
>>68930854
I will forever imagine his name as being Billy Bob Corgan. Thanks anon.
>>
>>68931085
so cringe
>>
>>68930807
what the fuck do you have against mellon collie?
>>
Adore is good.
Machina is good.
Oceania is good.
Zeitgeist is OK.

Monuments to an elegy is pretty bad though.

Corgan has managed to write and make good music despite his band falling apart and going through like 20 members
>>
>le nostalgia goggles
I bet you weren't even born when Siamese Dream was released.
>>
>>68930807
he's a closet case of crazy person
>>
I quite enjoy Adore
>>
I've been searching for a goddamn download of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness for like a fucking hour. All of the links in the archive are dead, can some kind anon help a negro out??
>>
>>68930807
he became a right winger, thus losing all creativity.
>>
>>68933092
>implying Automatic for the People is not the greatest album of all time
>>
>>68930807
Health issues that ended on baldness
Becoming a bitch
Hooking up with Courtney love
Band falling apart
Keyboards overdose
Virgin fucking the deal
Machina II released on mp3s hugely unmastered
Mom dies
Adore is crap, no chamberlain
Born in Chicago and not in Seattle
Getting laid to Devi Ever, getting scared by penis
Zwan is shit

I guess that is all
>>
>>68930925
This but everything else is shit
>>
>>68933593
https://mega.nz/#!h0JBBKzC!2E4pebKjpSIvJwXq94eDDspvhPzRMAN15IXFhSuZXmA
>>
how do i get into wrestling both classic & new?
>>
>>68933401
This. It's almost as if Zeitgeist and Corgan's shenanigans traumatized the critics and now they shit all over anything Corgan touches. Oceania was a fantastic album, yet no one gives it the credit it deserves.
>>
>>68930807

Adore is a great album, you plebbo.
>>
>>68931558
>Meme
>>
>>68930807
Usually artists make good music when they fuck up their lives. Once they start living in a stable manner their music tends to decline. Billy made enough good music to be very respectable though.
>>
>>68934996
This is a good point. Billy has talked about this in interviews.

The Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie era was when he was the most depressed. Today is about deciding not to kill himself in fact.

Then he gets divorced and his mom dies. Not to mention the band starts falling apart.
>>
>>68935132
What caused the band to fall apart? All I've ever heard about it was Billy was a dick to the other band memebers.
>>
>>68933092
Wrong about R.E.M.. They still got it, they just don't care for the grind as they once did.
>>
File: download.gif (570KB, 192x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.gif
570KB, 192x183px
???
>>
>>68935206
>Jimmy's drug problem
>d'arcy and James dated then went through a rough break up
>billy stealing the spotlight constantly
>Vig gets billy to record all guitar and bass parts for Siamese Dream because James and D'arcy weren't good enough
>they resent Billy for it

Basically James and D'arcy were just riding Billy's coattails most of the time and I guess they felt they didn't get enough credit or spotlight
>>
>>68935610
Oh and Jimmy could care less about all that shit because he knew he was a fucking good drummer and was probably high all the time
>>
>>68935610
Oh, thanks
>>
>>68933401
Adore is my favorite Pumpkins album not even joking. Once you know it was written mostly about his dead mother it gets a lot better.
Machina was botched, it should've been a double album.
Oceania was underrated as hell, loved it and it feels really organic.
Zeitgeist wasn't bad, I didn't mind it. Granted the mixing was awful. But it wasn't bad.
Monuments to An Elegy had better mixing than Zeitgeist but eh... It was just eh.
>>
>>68933092
tbf Dizzee only had one good album
>>
File: 1478369578000.jpg (16KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
1478369578000.jpg
16KB, 235x235px
>>68931283
This Anon knows some shit.
>>
>>68936553
I thought the mixing was pretty shitty on Machina.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.