[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain Pink Floyd to me? I listened to Piper at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 5648.jpg (869KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5648.jpg
869KB, 1920x1080px
Can someone explain Pink Floyd to me?

I listened to Piper at the Gates of Dawn and it's all guitar effects and jams and some nice organ parts with absolutely retarded lyrics and no decent melodies or hooks. Not droney or experimental or challenging enough to be interesting but not melodic enough to be poppy.

Then I listened to Dark Side of the Moon and it's just a standard dad rock album with really great production.

What is the big deal? Is this band supposed to have aged well?
>>
maybe you just don't like them
>>
>>68914414
Bland.
>>
OP you probably listen to swans and radiohead, fuck off
>>
>>68914414
>describe something as really great
>whats the big deal?

I agree Floyd aren't as good as dads think they are, but you answered yer own question.

Wish You Were Here is great, check it out, only floyd worth a regular listen
>>
File: pink-floyd-animals-14.jpg (33KB, 650x628px) Image search: [Google]
pink-floyd-animals-14.jpg
33KB, 650x628px
>>68914537
>only floyd worth a regular listen
Ftfy
>>
>>68914483

Impossible. Other people like them.
>>
Hey, guy, I get this idea, bear with me: Maybe, just maybe you're not destined to like everything that has ever been described as great, not agree with such statement. Maybe, holy shit, it's just not for you. Not your cuppa. Doesn't do it for ya. Maybe you have your own personal and intransferrable tastes (just like every other fucker who drew breath!) and no amount of explanation as to why something is considered good will make you *feel* the goodness.

Hey, I know, this is all crazy retarded shit by a crazy retarded poster, but bottom line is, if you're still being so kind as to pay attention to my words: Maybe it ain't for ya, boy. Nothing wrong or great or of note abour that.
>>
>>68914618
Animals is boring, but moon is worth a regular listen
>>
>>68914827
Seldom will you see such equilibrium between genuinely trying to be nice and being a condescending cunt.
>>
>>68914860
Ritalin.
Take some.
>>
>>68914827

Holy christ reddit just shut the fuck up
>>
>>68914530
So what if I do? everything I said cant be disproven
>>
>>68916701

But I'm OP and you just responded as if you were me
>>
>>68916701

...And I think you might be right, although the "everything I said can't be disproven"-thing is hella retarded, you could just make up some retarded bullshit like that we live in the matrix and say "everything I said can't be disproven" to defend your claims but yeah
>>
Basically, people thought they were awesome back then because they had nothing else to listen to.

Hipsters and college kids now love them for whatever reason.

Don't waste your time with pink floyd. Animals is their only good album.
>>
>>68914414
Try Saucerful of Secrets and Ummagumma? It's hard to find a person who doesn't like at least one of their albums because none of their stuff really sound the same.
>>
I like the

>IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIII
>HAVE BECOME
>COMFOTABLY NUMB

song
>>
>>68916804
>Animals is their only good album
I'd understand if it had a standout sound, but it's pretty much a continuation of WYWH, and to an extent, DSoTM. What I'm saying is that you can't say that Animals is much better than the albums I mentioned when they're THIS similiar.
>>
>>68914414
I was thinking this yesterday when I gave TDSOTM a listen. They can do some groovy shit, sure, but it's so bland. Not even trippy enough. And most lyrics are mundane.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.