[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i'm gonna see Swans live tonight. What should i expect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: swans_pool_1.jpg (90KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
swans_pool_1.jpg
90KB, 640x426px
So i'm gonna see Swans live tonight.
What should i expect?
>>
Saw them in Seattle. You absolutely need earplugs. Also please don't be THAT guy and buy a filth t-shirt at the beginning of the show. You should have fun though it was a great show.
>>
>>68913016
>You absolutely need earplugs
Holy shit, are they still THAT loud?
>>
>>68913133
I saw them at a pretty small venue so it might be different but my friend i went with didn't bring any earplugs and he said he felt nauseous afterward. idk if he was overreacting but i didn't take any chances.
>>
>>68913016
Totally agree was at the same show two girls standing next to me bought swans shirts and left early after trying to plug their ears throughout the show, honestly earplugs are optional bit recommended ears were ringing to the morning
>>
>>68913016
so should I buy a shirt or not?
>>
They play so loud, you will feel your inside body shaking if you stand in front. I took my earplugs last 30 minutes and I had loud ringing for next 3 days and my lifetime tinnitus got worse.

WEAR THE DAMN EARPLUGS, YES THEY PLAY LOUD.
>>
Yeah earplugs are a good idea, since the show is so long I personally didn't need them the whole night, ended up squeezing my way to the front and taking them out for The Glowing Man and it was glorious. Make sure you don't miss any of Anna von Hausswolff's set, she's great.
>>
>>68913016
do they have other shirts? A "Public Castration"-shirt would be great senpai.
>>
>>68913615
i bought a glowing man tshirt there. they had filth, tgm and at least a third one, but i don't remember what that was.
>>
Saw them a couple years back. Unless you want tinnitus one day, bring ear plugs.
>>
>>68913590
Is she so loud as well?
>>
>>68914136
Not on the same level, she's got a small band in comparison, so I wouldn't put plugs in until Swans come on
>>
Expect them to be terrible. Post break-up swans is severely overrated garbage.
>>
>>68914136
you can expect something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKnbDSNQMDk
>>
>>68912890
>▶
Saw them in Berlin a few weeks ago. It was fucking amazing. They are a totally different animal than in the studio though. Lots of improvisation and weird reinterpretations of their songs. Also it was exhausting: they played song after song after song without rest and even merged some of them together and then after an hour or so of playing non-stop, Gira would give a 10-15 second speach and keep going. I was amazed at how Phil Puleo was able to play that fucking hard for that long and with so little rest.
Im sure Swans aint the loudest band there is, but it is the loudest i have seen. Earplugs are a good idea.
>>
>>68914136
not AS loud, but I still wore earplugs and at times was grateful. It got pretty fucking intense at certain points. Some grating and punishing sounds were involved.
>>
ITT: Pussies
>>
>>68913133

I saw them in a very small venue in Milwaukee and I was about 5 feet from the stage. I neglected to buy earplugs and had some very definite and noticeable hearing loss for a couple days afterward. I think it honestly gave me mild tinnitus.
>>
>>68912890
expect a lot of intense eye contact between Michael and the drummer. I swear, it was like they were having brutal sex using only there eyes
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.