[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I a faggot/normalfag for unironically liking this album a lot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: it's good fuck you.jpg (160KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
it's good fuck you.jpg
160KB, 1500x1500px
Am I a faggot/normalfag for unironically liking this album a lot?
>>
>>68895858
you're a faggot for implicitly asking permission to listen to music you enjoy.
>>
>>68896344
/thread
>>
it's widely considered good

i don't know why you're being so defensive anonymous
>>
>>68895858
nobody thinks this album is bad
>>
>>68896344
facts
>>
>>68896370
>>68896381
Where I come from (urban New Orleans) people who listen to Tribe are thought of as posers/elitist.
>>
>>68896490
Your city is full of faggots this isn't even "le obskure."
>>
File: 1473551383451.jpg (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473551383451.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
>>68896344
>>
>>68896490
why the fuck would that have any weight on the the world wide web?
>>
>>68895858
I'm a hip hop head and Low End Theory is my #2

#1 being Midnight Marauders and #3 being Bizarre Ride II.
>>
>>68896586
>i'm a hip hop head
reee
>>
>>68896529
It's just all I've ever heard when I'm listening to them in front of other people or when they're brought up in conversation.

>>68896526
I don't think they think it's obscure, they just think it's contrarian.

>>68896586
>I'm a hip hop head
Tell me why /mu/ likes DOOM so much, I've been scratching my head for years. But I'm not super into hip hop so you're probably in a better position to say.
>>
>>68896627
>Tell me why /mu/ likes DOOM so much

A supervillain is a lot more fun to cheer on than a thug/gang banger. His beats are great too, and his flow on Madvillainy is fantastic (though it can take time to get into and understand).

If you want a good intro to DOOM, check out his albums in the following order:

MM...Food ---> Operation Doomsday --> King Geedorah - Take Me To Your Leader ---> Viktor Vaughn - Vaudville Villain --> Madvillain - Madvillainy.

>>68896619
Grow up
>>
>>68896698
Thanks man, it'll be frustrating waiting so long to listen to the one album he's most known for but I'll trust your judgement and start out with MM...Food
>>
>>68896698
>Grow Up
>I'm a hip hop head

:thinking emoji:
>>
>>68896627
>Tell me why /mu/ likes DOOM so much
have you ever read into his lyrics or do you just mindlessly listen without putting any thought in?
his lyrics are great is why
>>
>>68896735
>it'll be frustrating waiting so long to listen to the one album

Nah, they're fun albums. Especially if you're a stoner.
>>
>>68897584
>they're fun albums. Especially if you're a stoner.
I only do LSD my man but good music is good music so I think I'll still enjoy it
>>
>>68896490
As someone from New Orleans, I've never heard anyone even talk about Quest. Much less bash in them.
>>
>>68897827
I live smack in the middle of the Bywater, so maybe it's just in this part, but a lot of my friends at the very least know about them (they don't really talk about them that much, it's just that I'm a big fan so naturally it's going to come up in conversation).
>>
>>68895858
This album is good you faggot
And yes, you are a faggot for asking a music forum for permission to listen to a music you like
>>
>>68897889
>>68896344
>>68896361
>permission
Has something changed since I've last been here? Just a year ago /mu/ was teeming with threads asking if /mu/ approved of their music, now it's considered bad? I don't understand.
>>
>>68895858
It's one of my favorite hip hop albums. It's good. Don't ask for /mu/'s permission to listen to actual good music.
>>
>>68898123
Is this permission thing a meme?
>>
>>68896586
can you explain to me exactly why you think midnight marauders is better than lowend?

i've always thought the opposite and im srsly trying to know why ppl choose the other and hear their points
>>
>>68896344
damn i think this is the best post i've ever seen on /mu/
>>
>>68896490
Most people on this board are posers / elitists.
>>
File: 1477986242212.jpg (19KB, 293x212px) Image search: [Google]
1477986242212.jpg
19KB, 293x212px
>>68895858
>Being this insecure
>Being this much of a snowflake
>Hehe... I'm too special for stuff others like... my favorites are le ranuillez dereddit and current 93..
>>
>>68896627
yo DOOM is great
any rapper who can rhyme Eyjafjallajokull is cool
>>
>>68899028
Thank you for saying my question is stupid and then answering my question immediately afterwards.
>>
>>68897869
>Bywater
Carpetbagger detected

Also
>knowing about ATCQ and thinking they're elitist
What do your friends like? Kevin Gates? Also, are you in high school?

Seeing as you're from the Bywater, I could also imagine a situation in which your hipster friends think ATCQ is not good because they have acclaim, in that case they're also retards
>>
My black friend who's into odd future hates trube
>>
>>68899152
>what do your friends like?
They're pretty ghetto so they listen to whatever's popular at the time, Lil Uzi, Young Thug, etc. They were way into Kendrick when M.A.A.D. City came out.
>Also, are you in high school?
I'm 32.
>I could also imagine a situation in which your hipster friends think ATCQ is not good because they have acclaim
I only really have one hipster friend (I know, shocking for the bywater) and he really doesn't have much of an opinion about Tribe.
>>
>>68899223
Yeah don't listen to anyone who thinks your music isn't street enough or whatever haha, what a terrible gauge of music quality

Also I didn't grow up in the Bywater but I did go to NOCCA and I'd say people who live in that area aren't a good authority on basically any life topic in general
>>
>>68899292
I can definitely agree with you there. I just got the sense that hip hop fans had some stigma about Tribe since all the black people I know do, guess it's just a black people thing.
>>
>>68895858
Its good, but its not nearly as woke as 45 year old black guys insist
>>
File: 1474039008051.jpg (8KB, 179x218px) Image search: [Google]
1474039008051.jpg
8KB, 179x218px
>>68899223
>this post
Sweet fancy moses
>>
>>68899212

Your friend is an oreo cake because odd future is made by people who are black but white on the inside (that's true and not bullshit at all) so if he likes it he's white too

Odd future is white people music 100%

Tyler says himself that he's a zebra that he's half white and also he skates =100% white only white people skate!

look at him how white he is

he is one of the most ongo bongo niggers I have seen in my lifetime

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>68896627
Doom is for hip hop nerds that are really into sampling and songwriting. It took me a while to get used to his one and only flow, but Take Me to Your Leader has some of the best sampling I've ever heard, and Mm Food was really catchy and memorable. Madvillainy is cool but I don't love it as much as literally everyone else.
>>
>OP's lower class black friends don't like his hipster music
>comes to a hipster music board for validation
Ah I see
>>
>>68899392
Can confirm: everyone I know who hopped onto the Odd Future bandwagon was an edgy White adolescent. Any black person/anyone over the age of 20 really didn't give a shit.

>>68899421
Well nobody talks about it here so how am I supposed to know if I'm a pleb or not?
>>
>>68899421
>using terms like lower class

Hold on there pal. Also if you're trying to tell me that musical taste correlates with income you have to be from an another solar system or at least galaxy.
>>
>>68899439
It's /mu/core, you must be new

>>68899468
The Bywater is a lower income neighborhood
>>
>>68899439

The post was ironic dude, I'm black an I enjoy odd future and can't imagine how someone black could dislike it, I mean blacks do like almost everything
>>
>>68899519
too black for the white kids, too white for the blacks
>>
>>68899511
>The Bywater is a lower income neighborhood

Dude I'm starving off neetbucks (Although I work hard) and still like Beethoven, Income has nothing to say about your musical preferences. I think his friends are bashing him for listening to the tribe because they have some cringy or shitty lyrics like "We do it for the weak" and stuff and that could occure in any neighborhood. Also overall the artists that have been mentioned as contrary taste are objectivelly (when it comes to the audio quality and listenability) better that any Tribe Called quest album which are not really boring, but really repetive and placed next to a aTCQ-record a youhng thug album is a musical masterpiece.

I'm listening to ATCQ from times to times too but I don't build up any emotions about artists or albums and defend stuff although I know that they are objectivelly worse (which ATCQ unfortunatelly is compared to young thug when it comes to audio quality and variability) or even reject to accept the truth. I don't have any young thug record in my library btw, only some tracks from the brick factory 3.

Conclusion: OP's lower class friends have got better general musical taste than him, because they prefer audio with more variety and fidelity.
>>
>>68899694
I never said I disliked Young Thug, I just personally prefer Low End Theory over Jeffery
>>
>>68900019

that is a very specific case, and I guess that I will prefer Low End Theory over a major part of Jeffery too because of my disliking of gays and overly gay lyrics but let's see, I didn't listen to Jeffery yet
>>
>>68898921
It's the album where Phife's at top of his game. They show off a wider variety of flows, and the beats sound more surreal.. There's a sample on 8 Million Stories that sounds like a chair being kicked and a noose tightening under the drum beat, while Phife's complains about a shitty day he had. Feels relatable.

Midnight Marauders also contains a lot of memorable tracks that such as Electric Relaxation, Sucka Nigga and Oh My God, that still get referenced today in hip hop culture. I have a soft spot for The Chase Pt II cause the intro contains my favourite Tip & Phife back and forth.
>>
>>68896344
quality post desu senpai
>>
This is literally one of the greatest hip hop albums in human history.
>>
>>68896344
can't we put this in the sticky thread? Would make /mu/ a better place...
>>
>>68898021
Its called growing up. I highly recomend it
>>
>>68896344
this so hard
>>
>>68898021
Link us one such thread from the archive where OP wasn't persecuted for his/her bullshit
>>
>>68898021
>There used to be more faggotry on here, and now it's considered bad? I don't understand.
>>
File: tylerfans.jpg (68KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tylerfans.jpg
68KB, 600x600px
>>68899392
This is pretty much true
>>
File: BRL.jpg (356KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BRL.jpg
356KB, 1000x1000px
>>68896586
why is pic related so underrated. I've never once heard anyone mention it. my order of top three favorite tribe albums would be
1. Beats Rhymes, Life
2. Midnight marauders
3. Low end theory
>>
I USED TO HAVE A FETISH
>>
>>68899662
I remember that line hitting me kinda hard when i first listened to Tyler lmao
>>
>>68905653
FETISH FOR SOME BOOTY
>>
>>68905663
thats from earl sweatshirt no?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.