[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY DOES NO ONE TALK ABOUT THIS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: bee-thousand.jpg (117KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bee-thousand.jpg
117KB, 600x600px
WHY DOES NO ONE TALK ABOUT THIS
>>
Because it's fucking perfect.
>>
mu don't have taste and it's full of pretentious people.
it's a great album, idk if my favorite by gbv, alien lines is up there too.
it's hard to find people that know gbv, keep it for yourself, don't make this great album a living meme.
>>
>>68895811

this
>>
>>68895811
>mu don't have taste and it's full of pretentious people.
that's kinda pretentious
>>
>>68895811
>it's hard to find people that know gbv
it's really not lol
>>
Not a second of this album is wasted. Not a SECOND.

Stuff like Her Psychology Today and Demons are Real are literally perfect. The entire thing is. Fite me irl, all you "GBV albums have a lot of filler" people
>>
>>68895868
>GBV albums have a lot of filler
They do, but this one is great in that it doesn't have any filler.
>>
>>68895868
pollard dilema is fucking great.
why every fucking idea of a song haves to be the classic "chorus, verse, bridge" kind of song? I always thing how many good melodies great bands left because tehy can't find a chorus for it. pollard is a genius, he don't waste any good song he makes.
>>
Good opinions so far: the thread.
>>
I think this album is fucking shit and completely unlistenable.
>>
>>68895868
You're the first person I've seen say Her Psychology Today is a good song
>>
>>68895811
stupid phoneposter
>>
It's one of my favorite albums. The songs themselves are all great, the lyrics are wonderful, maybe it is their best album and they'll never top it. Doesn't matter. They had good songs before it came out and after it.

I recommend reading the 33 1/3 book for it. I haven't finished it and I left it back at my dad's place when I went to college unfortunately. But it gives a lot of great detail on the history of the album. I think it's possibly THE quintessential lo-fi album. It perfectly captures that essence of a band just having fun creating music with zero pressure. They just said fuck it let's just put out this super lo-fi thing that we had fun making, and it worked. Many of the songs that you actually hear on the album were created out of instrumental jams that Robert later sang over or they would take elements from demos and re-record them. They even took bits that they had already used on Vampire on Titus and made them into new things. The album is really like a collage in that way which adds to its appeal, especially since we all know that Robert loves making collage style album covers.
>>
eh i "get it" but it's not for me. at the end of the day it's just kinda predictable indie pop recorded with a fisher price microphone. but really well done nonetheless
>>
>>68898448
>predictable

That's one of the things I'd never call Bee Thousand
>>
I prefer Under The Bushes Under the Stars and Alien Lanes desu, but it's still such a solid album.
>>
>>68895749
I love the album cover but i don't understand why people love it so much
>>
>>68898694
To get it, you gotta be sharper than most
Cut with exacto
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.