[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one is superior?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

File: anco.png (237KB, 439x220px) Image search: [Google]
anco.png
237KB, 439x220px
Which one is superior?
>>
>>68875594
They both suck.
>>
Fall Be Kind
>>
>>68875594
Strawberry jam, not even close

>>68875614
Horrible, horrible, horrible taste.
>>
>>68875594
MPP
>>
painting with
>>
No one would care about Strawberry Jam if not for the two or three highlights people go gaga about. Outside of those it's legitimately one of their worst
>>
>>68876285
lol no

>>68875758
Correct
>>
File: Every_AnCo_Fan.png (21KB, 448x89px) Image search: [Google]
Every_AnCo_Fan.png
21KB, 448x89px
>>68875614
Yes
>>
>>68875594
Strawberry Jam, there's no contest anymore

>>68876285
Are you telling us you don't like 'For Reverend Green' OR '#1?'.........sad day

>>68875854
please stop with this
>>
Only AnCo I like is Centipede Hz
>>
>>68876285
Strawberry Jam is one of their most texturally rich albums. Name one album that produces sounds like the ones you hear on it. 10/10
>>
>>68875594
good question.
>>
>>68875594
strawberry jam
>>
>>68875594
Strawberry Jam is over all better. If you change the parameters and ask which is the most pop record or which is the more accessible record then it's MPP because it was clearly made for hat purpose.

I had a guy once say to me that MPP is the best AnCo album "because it's their Sgt Pepper" along with some more arbitrary Beatles comparisons stated as though randomly relating things to Beatles albums is an argument and implying Rubber Soul isn't the best Beatles album. The worst. Only the worst sort of people who are stupid enough to make an argument like that would argue MPP is better.

Tsung Tongs is arguably as good as/better than Strawberry Jam, though.
>>
>>68876285
SJ is fantastic senpai. MPP literally has two worthwhile songs with the rest of the album being unengaging lukewarm mush.
>>
Easily strawberry jam
>>
Fact: Centipede Hz is AnCo's best album.
>>
>>68875594

Strawberry Jam, but Spirit shits all over both.
>>
DEPENDS ON THE MOOOOOD
>>
I genuinely don't like saying it, but Merriweather. I don't like saying it, you don't like hearing it, but it is what I believe to be the truth. Strawberry Jam is a very quick and direct blast of pleasure, but Merriweather is overall more of a triumph and feels more full and cohesive. Part of the joy of Strawberry Jam was how it felt somewhat scattered and gave you the most direct source of sonic enjoyment you could get out of music. Basically what Centipede Hz wanted to be. But yeah, not an answer I like to give, but Merriweather.
>>
>>68879237
It's like if you took Strawberry Jam and just made everything feel wrong and senseless and illogical, and replaced the strawberries with plastic strawberries, and made everything phony and ugly and repulsive. It's like the plastic fisher price version of Strawberry Jam.
>>
>>68875594
Strawberry Jam, but I've recently come to appreciate MPP for the depth and timbre of all the synths, it's good stuff

I really like them both, but their in the bottom half of their studio discography imo
>>
>>68880060
you are so so wrong, my friend
>>
>>68880156
Kay.
>>
>>68880174
I'm glad you agree with me now
>>
In the Flowers + My Girls + Also Frightened > Strawberry Jam > the rest of MPP
if all of MPP was as good as tracks 1-3 then it would be a solid 10, but it's kind of bogged down by weak points. SJ is engaging all the way through.
>>
>>68880250
I don't, I put up an argument and you didn't so whatever. You can't explain why you like it because you're just not smart enough or don't connect to what music achieves on the level that you should, so I'm not going to argue with an insipid statement like, "its good."
>>
>>68876285
>not liking their second best album behind STGSTV
it's funny how dumb you are
>>
>>68876285
Honestly agree with this. I really hate those first two tracks. Reverend Green, Fireworks and Cuckoo are all awesome though
>>
>>68879237
CHz is actually garbage it's their one album I would call outright bad
>>
>>68880732
Well you certainly are eighteen.

Here Comes the Indian and Feels are their two highest contributions to music sweetie.
>>
>>68876285
I'm honestly glad I'm not the only one who feels this way, I don't think I'd ever go out of my way to say that just because I wouldn't want to deal with all the responses. But yeah, the album just barely makes it to an 8/10 at the hand of those three tracks.
>>
MPP, but it's close.
>>
>>68880914
>Well you certainly are eighteen.
maybe
>Here Comes the Indian and Feels are their two highest contributions to music
I honestly prefer Campfire Songs to Here Comes the Indian. I agree that feels is top tier, though
honestly, all their albums are at least 8/10 except for Painting With and Centipede Hz, which are 7/10
>sweetie
wew
>>
File: 1465529087259.jpg (6KB, 202x206px) Image search: [Google]
1465529087259.jpg
6KB, 202x206px
>>68875608
first post, best post as always
>>
>>68880872
Lol this was true for me until this year; Now there are two.

Animal Collective are in that awful place Yes found themselves in where they started making bad music, so it's like, "Shit, if we stop now than we ended with a bad album," so they keep trying and in return just keep on making more bad music. They've also stopped releasing companion EPs because it takes so much strain for them just to make a shitty album now, which shows how much they aren't into it, which no one seems to be capable of admitting. ODDSAC felt like a grandiose closing to that chapter of their existence as a band. If they wanted to start a new chapter they should have ditched their pop direction they way they moved away from folk after Feels and post punk after Here Comes the Indian.
>>
>>68881026
>wew
I don't know, someone said it to me a few days ago, I just thought I'd try it out.

By the way,
>Rating Centipede Hz and Painting With that fucking high.
Wew.
>>
>>68875608
Why does the first post in every thread have that kind of badass *puts on sunglasses* sort of attitude about it? Is there just like one guy who makes it his mission to be the first one to respond to every thread?
>>
>>68881094
people only say PW and CHz suck because they're comparing them to the rest of their discography. they're good albums, but are among their worst.
>>
>>68881150
No, Art Angels is a superior pop album to Painting With. It has more integrity and is genuinely more enjoyable, and doesn't sound like it was made by someone who wants to die at their core. Not saying that because I like Grimes, just saying it's not just context that makes these albums bad.
>>
>>68880071
>timbre
stop that bro, you sound cringe AF
>>
>>68875608
This
>>
strawberry jam 4 shoar, cant even finish MPP
>>
>>68878579
>MPP
>lukewarm mush
Didn't think someone could be this stupid wow
>>
1. Feels - 10/10
2. Here Comes the Indian - 10/10
3. Campfire Song - 10/10
4. Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished - 9.5/10
5. Sung Tongs - 9/10
6. Merriweather Post Pavilion - 9/10
7. Strawberry Jam - 8.5/10
8. Hollinndagain - 8/10
9. Danse Manatee - 6/10
10. Centipede Hz - 5/10
11. Painting With - 4/10
>>
>>68879900
Lol not even close
>>
I disagree with everyone who dislikes Merriweather because they think it's bad and everyone who likes Merriweather because they think it's their best. It's like there's zero middle ground when it comes to that album, and everyone takes idiotic extremes.
>>
>>68880071
>MPP
>SJ
>bottom half of their studio discography
wtf is in your top half don't tell me there's centipede hertz danse manatee or holinndagain
>>
>>68880253
MPP doesn't have weak points you fucking pleb SJ is the one bogged down by weak points wtf is wrong with the people on this board
>>
>>68881611
Not him but Merriweather is basically dead center for me, which is here >>68881560
>>
>>68880732
People who think Spirit is their best album are honestly mind boggling to me are constantly wishing you had your childhood back or something it's so clear how scattered and poorly produced it is. I love it but it's nowhere near their best work.
>>
>>68881670
I honestly thought it was their best when I was like eighteen, nineteen, and early twenty.
>>
>>68875594
Obviously Merriweather it's clearly their most cohesive consistent and well thought out album
>>
>>68881708
Exactly people who think it's their best are teenagers just coming into adulthood that yearn for their childhood. I mean that makes sense considering that's the mindset Anco was in when they made it but I've yet to see a convincing argument as to why it is their best.
>>
>>68878579
>MPP literally has two worthwhile songs with the rest of the album being unengaging lukewarm mush.
most accurate description of MPP
bluish and brother sport are legendary, the rest is meh
>>
>>68879900
>>68880732
spirit and sj are the albums for when you want to pretend that you like animal collective because they're so le experimental but you can't get into their actual experimental albums
>>
>>68881232
You're why people make fun of AnCo fans

>>68881611
CHz is in the bottom half and and Hollinnd isn't studio, but my top half is Campfire Songs, HCTI, Sung Tongs, Spirit, and Danse, followed by SJ and MPP as # 6 and 7
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.