[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How far are you into completing your masterpiece?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

How far are you into completing your masterpiece?
>>
>>68870230
I can't even get the motivation to get out of bed
You think I have the right to create something? Lol
>>
>>68870436
kys
>>
It's in its conceptual phase.
>>
>>68870230
Mine's also in its conceptual phase. I'm waiting for someone to invent the instruments I'm gonna write for.

>>68870879
He can't even get the motivation to get out of bed
You think he has the right to kill himself? Lol
>>
File: 1474133067653.png (672KB, 584x553px) Image search: [Google]
1474133067653.png
672KB, 584x553px
>>68870912
>I'm waiting for someone to invent the instruments I'm gonna write for.
>>
File: 1452643519706.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1452643519706.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>68870912
>>
File: Form+testudo+and+penetrate.jpg (34KB, 370x268px) Image search: [Google]
Form+testudo+and+penetrate.jpg
34KB, 370x268px
>>68870912
>>
File: 1467281297290.png (497KB, 850x742px) Image search: [Google]
1467281297290.png
497KB, 850x742px
>>68870912
>Born too early to compose for the Solar Powered Alto Whalesong Bagpipe
>>
>>68870230
it's done, but the world isn't ready for it
>>
>>68870230
I'm waiting for the laws of physics that allow my composition to be possible to be discovered.
>>
seriously I have all these amazing compositions in my head but I'm too nervous to actually do anything with them
>>
when did you realize you have no talent and gave up?
>>
Trying to make a personal project concept album but keep getting sidetracked

It's kind of cheesy but I really want to complete it.

It's about being trapped on a real/ metaphorical island that represents my disconnect from society and on the island are a lot of different doorways/ portals. Each one is a different human experienced and each track is a different portal. They'll be different genres etc. It's kind of a justification to put ambient drone on the same album as synthpop

It sounds very lame but it works in my head
>>
>>68871349
I'm doing something similar, a all instrumental concept-ish album inspired by JRPG's. I kinda made it sound like an OST but there's no cohesive story just a sense of progression and a variety of landscapes. It basically started as an excuse to not have to stick to one genre.
>>
>>68870230
Well, I'm actually deep into my project. Don't wanna bother making a SoundCloud until I have a perfect album, in my eyes. You guys'll hear it soon
>>
>>68871290
last night...

i want to die
>>
i'm about 18 years in. i'm gonna call that halfway.
>>
>>68872086
sometimes I wish I never showed any of my friends my music or told them I made music. It's made me very self conscious about what I put out
>>
File: jYdlMs3.png (726KB, 576x734px) Image search: [Google]
jYdlMs3.png
726KB, 576x734px
>>68870912
>Mine's also in its conceptual phase. I'm waiting for someone to invent the instruments I'm gonna write for.
>>
>>68871280
>>68871349
>>68871448
Lol
>>
>>68872236
>I'm too much of a bitch to create anything so I'll just laugh at anybody who tries to
>>
Its all over the place. I write something I like and then never look back at it. I've got so many incomplete songs and nothing solid
>>
>>68871349
Thats like that one island from Assassin's Creed.
What one was it? AC Revelations maybe.
>>
>>68870230
I've got two projects lined up

One is an Art Pop project, a mixture of electronics, lush synthesizers and organic instruments such as guitars and strings. I still need a female vocalist.

The other is a psych pop/alt rock type deal but I'm putting it off because I feel like it'd be more suited when I'm in my 30s. I'd be the vocalist

I've written most of the material for both debut albums, but my lack of self confidence keeps me from putting my music out there
>>
>>68872542
>>68872311
>>68871349
>>68871448
You should listen to this poscast by CGP Grey and Brady Haron from Numberphile and SixtySymbols.

The topic is about Brain Crack, and it deals with personal projects and putting them off.
Have a listen

https://youtu.be/UM29TL35ZIw?t=40m40s
>starts at 40:40
>>
>>68870230
i try to write one or two songs for my crush for her birthday.

iam pretty motivated. next week i will record everything.
>>
We've been working on our project for about eight months. We scrapped the first six songs. Now we have two and solid portions of two or three more. They're pretty lengthy so it'll probably be like a six song LP around 40 minutes.
>>
>>68872956
wow that's brave, son
good luck
for how long have you known her?
>>
File: 1477740401933.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477740401933.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
>>68870230
>haven't played anything or written a single bar since 2013
>can't concentrate on reading composition books or doing exercises to get back into the swing of things
Seems to be going good lads!
>>
>>68870230
13.8 billion years
>>
>>68873124
we know each other for one year now and worked at the same office. now that i choose another direction and job, it´s safe to make the first step without creating an awkward atmosphere at work.

but thanks
>>
>>68873217
> is god
> works on a reletively simple project as far as being god is concerned
> fucks it up
>13.8 billion years later
> still fucked up
good job
>>
File: feeleverything732.jpg (41KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
feeleverything732.jpg
41KB, 403x403px
>>68873246
>be mortal
>glances at Picasso's future masterpiece 10 minutes after he started painting it
>'this looks like shit, kys'
baka desu
>>
https://soundcloud.com/user-191711096/ideia

this is something i'm working on. It is my first project, soon will be a masterpiece. just need a few fixings.
>>
>>68871349
this is the most autistic thing ive read roday
>>
>>68870912
>Mine's also in its conceptual phase. I'm waiting for someone to invent the instruments I'm gonna write for.
Do you realize you sound like a Portlandia sketch?
This is bait right?
>>
I just decided to scrap all the metal elements due to lack of equipment/recording capabilities and I'm much happier with the progress I've been making. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>68870230
I would never call anything I produce a masterpiece, but the songwriting goes well.
Latest song I wrote was about a month ago; I suppose I'm getting due for another.

It would be nice to do another acoustic song, most have been for the band.
Last thing I wrote was some rhythm breaks for my drummer on another newer song we have, I've got other ideas for the bassist and I for these pauses, but I'm afraid they are all above our technical ability.

Finished a new poem yesterday though.
>>
>>68871280
>>68871290
>>68871349
>>68871448
>>68872086
>>68872223
>>68872311
>>68872542
>>68873019
>>68873177
I BELIEVE IN YOU
If you're here you clearly spend a lot of your life on music. Record something today. Don't put it off. Thinking about it or "putting it all together in my head before I start" doesn't count. Do something tangible.

>>68870912
I don't believe in you. Not even slightly. Leave this board and this life.
>>
0%
I dislike everything I make.
>>
A few more recording sessions and mastering and it should Be done
>>
File: IMG_1090.jpg (79KB, 875x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1090.jpg
79KB, 875x600px
>>68870912
>>
>>68872223
I feel the same way. I'm not very good at mixing so always sounds a bit amateur. Maybe I am too self conscious. I feel like I have great ideas and a decent amount of technical skill, I don't know.

I'm finally starting to like the sound of my own voice at least.
>>
Since I can't go to choir practice anymore due to work conflicts, not anytime soon. And without practice, my voice will only get rustier with time. What's a baritone to do?
>>
Mine is a concept album about some Buddhist teachings that helped me during very depressing times in my family. It might sound grandiloquent but I want to keep it as modest as possible. Only some exotic percussion and a lot of focus on guitar soloing. I'd like to make it a somewhat healing album.
>>
>>68871061
o shit
>>
>>68871280
That's pathetic.
A huge part of music is self expression. You should be encouraged to explore and create and not be afraid to put something of yours out there
>>
>>68875959
Nice man, at least someone's got shit going on
>>
The most influential member of my band just quit so we're basically back to square one
>>
>>68870912
Well quit waiting and mcfucking kill yourself already, you dumb motherfucker bitch.
>>
>>68879290
That's pretty interesting
>>
The whole point of a masterpiece is that it's the work that showcases all of the skills you have developed over the years. I'm still working on developing those skills. I've made a few EPs and one album, and I'm working on another EP right now.
>>
Can we dump lyrics here
One of the ones I worked on is a parody of Rain Dogs and its Goofy delivery
>>
Took 2 weeks off from work to complete my project which is basically re-doing my first album. I have got to work on monday again and wow the progress I've made is astounding. A bunch of nothing. Instead I get sidetracked by participating in the /mu/ makes an album threads and doing remixes instead.

I was so sure I could finish it but I guess I'll just throw in some extended versions of the songs for the /mu/ album into a small EP. It's at least something,right.
>>
i have the intro and like the verses done, i have a progression and melody i want to use for the chorus but im not exactly sure on how to make it transition well

it's already around 200 measures, in time signatures of 7/8, 13/8, and 15/8

my band and i like prog

actually the 15/8 intro was an accident, i wrote it thinking it was in 4/4 but we kept having to feel like we were catching up to the beat, then we wrote it out formally on sheet music and realized it was 15/8. the novelty of this excited the shit out of us, and we kept rolling with it, and now the entire thing is in weird time signatures. we love it. probably never going to finish it though, but it's incredibly fun to play during jam sessions.
>>
just wrote a 6-minute piece for a fairly large orchestra! Wouldn't consider it a masterpiece but it's definitely got some good stuff in there.
>>
Im honestly backstepping to try and properly learn guitar and some music theory because im a really shitty musician. I have plenty off pieces of songs and stuff that i want to develop and fit together but my playing has been a setback to actually getting decent demos. Im still cranking out off kilter hip hop beats for my friend out of state but learning decent mixing and overall production is a whole other speedbump. Its so much easier to get distracted by /mu/ than actually accomplishing anything
>>
I always feel the need to create something better than my previous material
>>
>>68881145

I wouldn't overthink that or focus on that, there are very less people out there that are able to actually make it as a musician or some stuff like that. Just keep cranking up those beats for your buddy and do what you're doing usually, Noone actually has succeeded as a famous artist only because he only wanted it, it just happens organically soon enough if you're skilled and aren't socially ensheltered. You won't get a famous musician by learning scales by hearth or copying something that's already there, you know, and of course, forget the fucking guitar, unless it's just for fun and stuff because you can do anything that's fun unless you harm others with it. Oops wrong topic but too lazy to erase that text block oops
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.