[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you like music with satanic messages?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Vital Remains.jpg (14KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Vital Remains.jpg
14KB, 220x220px
This isn't a shitpost.
I'm asking fellow people who like Death metal and Black metal if you like music with satanic lyric basis in songs. And if so, why do you like it?

I personally don't care if a band has satanic lyrics because I listen to the music for the guitar and drumwork. I view vocals more like an instrument that compliments the instruments, rather than in traditional music styles.
>>
File: Ghost-2015-Meliora.jpg (188KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost-2015-Meliora.jpg
188KB, 1280x720px
TANNING ON LUCIFERS BEACH!!
>>
>>68863635
That ain't death metal or black metal, get out
>>
>>68863613
>I personally don't care if a band has satanic lyrics because I listen to the music for the guitar and drumwork.
same here. i usually don't give a fuck about lyrics. it just so happens that black metal is one of my favorite genres and they like to sing about satan a lot in that genre.

to be fair i think most bands sing about him as a symbol of rebellion, rejection, and nonconformity which i can get behind. there are others who are really into the religious and philosophical aspects of satanism, but i don't know enough about that to talk about it in an educated manner. but like i said, i don't really care.
>>
File: rude.jpg (261KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
rude.jpg
261KB, 1920x1280px
>>68863646

Well, thats just rude
>>
>>68863684
Singing about murder, satan or evil shit=10x more BR00TAL
>>
>>68863691
I'm sorry.
>>
>>68863613
I actually do like satanic lyrics, i like them because they fit prefectly with the music
>>
I think it's funny
I like ironic satanism
>>
>>68863838
I don't dislike them. Even when they're ridiculously vulgar, i tend to find it it funny because it's ironic.
>>
DsO
PVRE KVLT MVTAPHYSICAL SATANISM ONLY
>>
>>68863870
kek
>>
>>68863863
I don't think it's ironic most of the times, but what other thing is more br00tal and dvrk than satanism?
>>
>>68863893
Literally nothing.

But I do like bands like Wintersun, Arkona and Xanthochroid. They have really good instrumental variety and the lyrics are great.
I personally like Xanthochroid alot because all of their music is connected into a story.
>>
satanic themes in music are evocative and contribute to a feeling of dread/chaos/violence that a lot of metal tries to express. end of.
>>
I like satanic lyrics because they contribute to the dark and aggressive mood of the music, they get me pumped up.
>>
>>68864184
Pretty much
>>68864316
Metal music doesn't get me pumped up. It actually helps me relax
>>
>>68863613
I've never really looked to music lyrics for any personal meaning, so i can usually ignore the lyrics to metal. If they're too clear it becomes cringe as fuck.
>>
>>68864404
You must be autistic then, i don't get that "metal relaxes me" shit, if i'm listening to Metal the last thing i want to do is to get relaxed
>>
who honestly cares about lyrics in metal
>>
>>68864487
That's a big reason why i don't listen to other forms of music. Lack of musical proficiency, dependent on emotional connection. I don't want that in music.
>>68864494
I'm just weird. My brain is pretty chaotic so it just helps my mind ease itself. I get stressed alot and it helps.
>>
>>68864494
Not him, but I find metal to be good chillout music as well
>>
>>68864584
Good to hear I'm not the only one - people look at me like I'm crazy when I say that about lyrics.
>>
>>68863613
>I personally don't care if a band has satanic lyrics because I listen to the music for the guitar and drumwork. I view vocals more like an instrument that compliments the instruments, rather than in traditional music styles.
Same.
>>
I'm interested in the aesthetic and theology of it, as a Catholic.

Most of my own writing in comparative religion involves an idea of metaphysical and physical evil, and how the latter has turned into the former in the increasingly secular world.

Atheists reduce this to 'hurr dont du bad ting', but in truth there are far too many similarities. The idea of Christ, for example, is one of divinity and utmost compassion towards and between man. Thus the Antichrist is an idea that is completely contrary to the idea of Christ. One of malice and a complete rejection of life.

The idea is something too ancient and known to too many cultures to just be a warning or a 'mode to control.' This is terrifying, so the ignorant reject even the possibility. This is why Lovecraft got so popular despite having technically awful writing: the idea of something so beyond humanity that reduces it and all its history and achievements to nothing is horrible, especially in the post-war mind. People have, however, become very jaded to this idea and have reduced something like Satanism to 'mere insanity' and crimes of physical violence, rather than something much more sinister.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.