[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree pre-electric Dylan is the best Dylan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: dylan.jpg (322KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dylan.jpg
322KB, 1200x1200px
Post your top 5 Zimmerman's albums.
/dylangeneral/ I guess
>>
File: image.jpg (602KB, 1381x2009px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
602KB, 1381x2009px
>>68854472
Bob Dylan is gay
>>
File: 1472079953385.jpg (68KB, 780x789px) Image search: [Google]
1472079953385.jpg
68KB, 780x789px
>>68854472
>>68854526

Nick was better than both.
>>
File: townes.jpg (59KB, 862x1112px) Image search: [Google]
townes.jpg
59KB, 862x1112px
>>68854526
>>68854635
Both worse than Dylan. If there's a better songwriter it must be pic related, even though Dylan was better at his peak.
>>
>>68854472
I find his music to be captivating and comfy. Freewheling Bob Dylan, Bringing it All Back Home, Highway 64 Revisited, Basement Tapes all and a few others among my favorites, still have to pick up his post-70s albums though.
>>
Top songs can have more discussion than albums, because the albums are much more defined in what are acceptable answers
>>
>>68854671
They were both better than each other at different things. Townes lyrics stand up better on paper imo.
>>
Got the most recent edition of his lyrics book in the mail today. Knowing what I know about Dylan, I guess I got what I paid for but I'm still annoyed with the changes to the lyrics, especially since so many of them add nothing to the song.

For example, Sweetheart Like You's first verse went from:

Well the pressure's down, the boss ain't here
He's gone North, for a while
They say that vanity got the best of him
But he sure left here in style
By the way, that's a cute hat
And that smile's so hard to resist
But what's a sweetheart like you doing in a dump like this?

To:

Well the pressure's down, the boss ain't here
He's gone North, he ain't around
They say that vanity got the best of him
But he sure left here after sundown
By the way, that's a cute hat
And that smile's so hard to resist
But what's a sweetheart like you doing in a dump like this?

That change of words adds nothing to the song, it even takes away from the cadence of while and style.
>>
>>68855320
Shut up faggot, dylan had down syndrome.
>>
>>68854472
no
>>
Blood On The Tracks is the best one imo
>>
>>68854472
Nah, post-TOoM Dylan is best Dylan.
>>
>>68854472
What a coincidence just got ripped off on a 20$ dylan t shirt just today. Also as for my top 5

Basement tapes (2014)
Blonde on Blonde
Bringing it all back home
The times they are a changin
Highway 61
>>
Nashville Skyline is my favorite by far

Roast me senpai
>>
pre-electric Dylan = electric Dylan

they're equally good, he had a stretch of consistently good music for nearly 15 years, with just a few duds.
>>
>>68859547
1. Blonde on Blonde
2. Highway 61 Revisited
3. Bringing It All Back Home
4. John Wesley Harding
5. Blood on The Tracks

How'd you get ripped off?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.