[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will you admit that the electric guitar is no longer relevant?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: guitar.jpg (22KB, 700x240px) Image search: [Google]
guitar.jpg
22KB, 700x240px
When will you admit that the electric guitar is no longer relevant?
>>
>>68822964
shit bait
>>
>>68822986
There has not been a single guitar band that has done anything remotely new in the last 10 years
>>
>>68823004
daft punk uses real instruments
so does kendrick lamar

I know this is bait but I have nothing better to do
>>
>>68823028
If those are seriously the best examples you can think of I think you're just proving my point
>>
>>68823054
>>68823004

I agree. Guitar music is just a constant rehashing of rehashes. Everything in guitar music has been done. People need to just stop already.
>>
>>68823004
melvins, electric wizard, half japanese, girl band,
>>
>>68822964
...relevant how? By what metric? To whom?
>>
>>68823127
Steve Vai's new album was cool. Bop is one of my favorite new songs.
>>
>>68822964
Yeah just like the piano or the violin. Get fucked you obsolete instruments!
Everyone knows tools only have a shelf life of a few decades. When was the last time you even saw a screwdriver?
>>
when you were young you were the king of carrot flowers
>>
>>68823545
electric guitars were a fad that overstayed their welcome, not a tool
>>
>>68824985
Same with synths
>>
>>68823004
and? the idea that only (apparently) new or rare things can hold any value is pure consumerism
>>
File: 1449362975963.gif (3MB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
1449362975963.gif
3MB, 300x252px
>>68825019
Congratulations, you played yourself.

By dismissing synths you're ruling out any and all electronic bassed music, which is obviously what you would be trying to promote with this sort of thread.

If the sound comes from programmed software, it's a synth.
>>
>>68825048
it's called creativity
that consumerism would be bands rehashing things that have been done countless times before by better bands and being popular for it
>>
>>68822964
that's a bass retard
>>
>>68822964
t. Nigger
>>
>>68825273
I'm not OP you dolt
>>
>>68822964
I realized it a while ago
now I only play country blues and ragtime on my classical guitar
>>
>>68822964
Guitar may be a wanker instrument that's mostly played by retards, but it'll never die. Acoustic and classical guitar will live forever and electric gives you more tonal options than those, so no reason to think it'll disappear.
>>
>>68823004
Battles
>>
>>68823127
and do what instead?
do literally everything with computers?
submit to the nonexistent God that is rap?
kill themselves, fuck the concept of music altogether?
>>
>>68823004
>music needs to be new to be good!
Why are millennials like this?
>>
>>68824985
According to who? Because people still like them and still use them.

ITT: opinionated OP tries to proclaim his opinion as fact, is still a faggot
>>68825412
I do believe he was being sarcastic
>>
>>68825308
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.