[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, how do I intro any kind of electronic music? Electronic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: aaa.jpg (477KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
477KB, 1600x1067px
Guys, how do I intro any kind of electronic music?
Electronic music thread I guess.
>>
the same way you get into any kind of music you donk, listen to it
>>
start with the greeks
>>
what do you mean intro?
>>
>>68821620
*into

There's so many subgenres, and I'm not sure where to find something that's not mainstream dancefloor shit. Not that I don't like mainstream or groovy stuff, but if I start by looking for popular electro artists I'll probably waste time on David Guetta-esque tier stuff.
>>
>>68821682
What have you listened to so far and what have you liked?
>>
>>68821416
well, something like james holden or aphex twin obviously ...
but really, electronic music is as, if not more versatile than any other musical culture
>>
>>68821734
Almost nothing, that's the problem.
Some obscure IDM stuff and some of the trip hop's classics...

>>68821762
Yeah by nature I guess it can be anything...ok let's put it like that : in the past years, what are :
- your favorite stuff
- big trends/big names that are actually worth it

I'm not limited, I can dig pretty much anything.
>>
>>68821682
You just have to find even one artist you like a lot and kind of excavate. See what label they're on, check out the other artists on that label (this is easy when the label isn't something like Epic Records, with a huge roster).

Live sets, mixes and compilations are all great too. I found lots of good material through those. Wikipedia pages help. You do have to do a bit of research but it's fun (for me, anyway, I love discovering new music).

It's easy, you just have to find something you really love. And if you don't like it no big.

This is more or less all in reference to dance/club music btw
>>
got u friend
>>
File: 1392929813400.jpg (111KB, 793x793px) Image search: [Google]
1392929813400.jpg
111KB, 793x793px
looking for recs for something similar to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_0vJiXP7GY
rym calls it deep house so if it's something in that genre with a focus on harmony/melody and less emphasized percussion that'd be cool too

>>68821902
could easily be expanded to other genres as well
>>
File: tropical-house-baby.gif (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
tropical-house-baby.gif
2MB, 800x450px
>>68821833
flylo, shlohmo, tobacco, teebs, samiyan and autechre are all amongst some of my all time favs
as u might be able to tell, some of the names leans towards a more beat/hiphop-kinda vibe - but i would still consider the all electronic acts.

for the big ones i might have to mention fka twigs - she's also one of my all time favs.

oh, and on the last note i'd really like to mention some really talented guys i know from my home country; denmark: really different as well:
shy rush (lofi lush kinda beat-based dream pop outfit)
zack christ (really really cool abstract wonky crispy grease)
first hate (futuristic old school coldwave ... yeah i guess u could call it that)
>>
Thanks for the recs and stuff guys.

Also I don't want to make this thread all about beginner spoonfeeding, just discuss what you like these days like any normal specific genre thread.
>>
>>68821682
You begin with this

https://soundcloud.com/alaicc/erosion-ii?in=alaicc/sets/episodes
>>
>>68821833

Not him but there's a guy named Stephen who dropped his debut album titled Sincerely. You might like him.

A few weeks back I went to go see Eden. Back when he was known as The Eden Project he was pretty heavy on the electronica in my opinion but has ventured more into folk terrtory as he's grown up. The two eps he put out this year and last year were still pretty good though in my opinion so give him a look for End Credits and I Think You Think Too Much of Me.

Also, he had a girl opening for her named ELOHIM. Both of them put on pretty good sets but you could tell a good chunk of his fanbase comes from hormone addled females.
>>
https://youtu.be/6s7j3k6LRvw
>>
>>68822109
>shilling this blatantly
your music is complete garbage btw
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isiWM-nY_GA
>>
>>68821416

See the problem with getting into EDM is that it's really hard is finding what you like, because even sub genres have sub genres. I recommend going to the wiki page and looking at all of them, and then just going on youtube and listening to one's that stood out to you on the list. It takes alot of time to get into EDM
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.