[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/PJ/ - general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

THE best female musician of the last 25 years

This is not even a debate.

>inb4 Björk
very close, yes, but PJ did more classic albums
>>
I was ever so slightly underwhelmed with The Hope Six Demolition Project.

I think she's pretty consistently underrated, even on /mu/.
>>
>>68812499
I was massively underwhelmed with it. It feels like a b-side of Let England Shake. Too many protest songs. I wish she started making actual songs again, like on TBYML or on Stories...

I agree on that she's very underrated here. Björk gets all the glory when it comes to 90's female songwriters. Björk is amazing but they are completely different.
>>
>>68812306
joanna
>>
>>68812651
Still, Let England Shake was an amazing album. A complete change of direction and style and yet in such an extraordinary way... Something only Polly could have pulled off. Definitely my 2011 AOTY
>>
Obviously better than Björk but the only album of hers I ever had on heavy rotation was White Chalk, which I know is one of her least popular
>>
I've never listened to anything by her.
Where to start?
>>
>>68813720
Don't get me wrong I love LES. It's definitely in her top 3 best works in my opinion and it's also one of my favorite albums from this decade. I was disappointed with THSDP because it sounded like a watered down version of LES. The songs just weren't that catchy or clever. They all felt like protest songs instead of actual well crafted tracks like "On Battleship Hill", "The Glorious Land" or "All and Everyone".
>>
File: la_llorona.jpg (59KB, 900x645px) Image search: [Google]
la_llorona.jpg
59KB, 900x645px
>>68812306
I just made a singles compilation for my iPod for walking around and just HAD to put that "Down by the Water" song on it.
One of my favs.

Reminds me a retelling of that Mexican folk song, "La Llorona" because of the killing kids in a river theme.

> Little fish, big fish, swimming in the water.
> Come back here, man, gimme my daughter.
>>
>>68812306
that pic is hot.
kinda looks like Nick Caves little sister or something...
>>
>>68812306
Lick my legs I'm on fire
>>
>>68817166
> *AND* (not man) whoops
>>
>>68817195
>Lick my legs I'm on fire
> }}} shudder {{{

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70IEILNxswY
>>
>>68812306
gotta say I prefer bjork, but as far as women in rock there have definitely been none better than pj in the last 25 uears
>>
>>68817194
i like her hazel eyes
>>
Regina Spektor for me, but PJ is good

Also
>inb4 shit-posting grimes
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.