[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Supertramp?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

What does /mu/ think of Supertramp?
>>
>>68810704
as bad as trump himself
drumpfkins BTFO
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Crime of the Century [A&M, 1974]

They say this is the rock and roll of the future, which I find a depressing thought even though (or because) the amalgam is a moderately smart one. Straight-ahead art-rock, sort of--Queen without preening. Yes without pianistics and meter shifts. And "Bloody Well Right" documents a gift for the killer hook. Now if only "Bloody Well Right" weren't an impassioned plea for complacency. Maybe if we close our eyes they'll go away. C+

Even in the Quietest Moments . . . [A&M, 1977]

Most "progressive" rock is pretentious background schlock that's all too hard to ignore. This is modest background schlock that sounds good when it slips into the ear. I guess we should thank "Babaji," whichever one he is. C+

Breakfast in America [A&M, 1979]

I like a hooky album as well as the next fellow, so when I found that this one elicited random grunts of pleasure I looked forward to listening hard. But the lyrics turned out to be glib variations on the usual Star Romances trash, and in the absence of vocal personality (as opposed to accurate singing) and rhythmic thrust (as opposed to a beat) I'll wait until this material is covered by artists of emotional substance--Tavares, say, or the Doobie Brothers. C+
>>
Dadrock
>>
>>68811264
^
>>
>>68810704
Crime of the Century is one of the best albums of the 70s
>>
>>68810985
>beatlescuck
>>
Schlocky 70s soft rock targeted at jaded college students.
>>
>>68810704
10/10 band would have kippers for breakfast mummy dear
>>
>>68810704
TAKE A LOOK AT MY GIRLFRIEND
>>
>>68812476
I can agree with this.
>>
>>68810985

that's like your opinion, man. (And your work/gimmick is to sound edgy)
>>
>>68812476
You're bloody well right!
>>
>>68810704
I like Supertramp and 70s-80s style prog pop. Even if it's a bit cheesy. They're what I grew up listening to so it's rubbed off on me.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.