[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

music is dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1468874541134.jpg (187KB, 1111x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1468874541134.jpg
187KB, 1111x1000px
I just realized that I started liking another dead genre of music.

Why does it seem that discovering new genres of music takes place as a sort of history lesson?

It seems like discovering new music is all about looking through history and finding the cool parts, only to discover that today no one makes anything in that genre anymore, or worse yet you're sorting through all the cruft on bandcamp/soundcloud just to find and cherry pick the few good artists that have probably disappeared off the face of the Earth already after releasing 2 or 3 albums

Year after year we just have POP thrown in our faces. As indie starts to grow it becomes harder to find consistent good artists because everyone wants to use their pirated DAWs to be the next one-man artists in whatever genre.

I don't even think people are innovating anymore, it's just the same shit over and over. Is music dead? What new has come out in the past 2 years aside generic pop/rap/nickleback-like rock? What new genres have people been experimenting with? Because I have no idea, and I have no idea where to even begin to look.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>68808494
stop listening to meme shit then, friend :^)
>>
>>68808649
Sooo... Only listen to generic pop/rock shit? No thanks. Sounds generic, boring, and unimaginative.
>>
>>68808665
real music doesn't die after getting all of its possibilities explored in three albums, friend :^)
>>
>>68808494
what's the issue though? what's wrong with digging cool shit from the past? there's so much great undiscovered material because of people like you
>>
>>68808717
There's not much wrong with finding cool shit from the past, it's just shitty to go through most of it, find the parts you like and keep it, see if anything new is being made, and find there isn't, or that there's so many "indie" artists to sort through just to find the few that are good and consistent in uploading, that it's improbable.

There's nothing wrong with the past other than it is finite if no one is even bothering to make something in that genre anymore.
>>
Indiepop is a perfectly good genre
>>
>>68808494
genres die as soon as they get popular
>>
>>68808772
Then by that logic, all genres including the ones dicussed here on /mu/ are dead.
>>
>>68808781
you were just born in the wrong generation, friend :^)
>>
>>68808781
Correct. To define a genre is to necessarily look back and categorise. Music being made and not yet made cannot be categorised as such.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.