[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there anyone on his level in modern hip hop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: young-thug-square[1].jpg (666KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
young-thug-square[1].jpg
666KB, 2000x2000px
is there anyone on his level in modern hip hop?
>>
File: Travi$ Scott.jpg (207KB, 640x959px)
Travi$ Scott.jpg
207KB, 640x959px
pls
>>
desu, no
>>
nope
>>
heck no
>>
>>68806185
desu only kanye and kendrick probably

>>68806211
not close. Travis is good but he cant consistently switch things up like thug and his rappings not in the same league
>>
File: mgid_ao_image_mtv[1].jpg (50KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
mgid_ao_image_mtv[1].jpg
50KB, 720x405px
who has potential?
>>
>>68806327
21 savage or lil dicky
>>
>>68806327
paak, curry, and yachty
>>
xxxtentacion
>>
>listening to bubblegum rap

Kendrick and DOOM are far superior, Kanye is also alright
>>
>>68806327
Yachty is getting features out the butt so I think he's got a decent shot. Everyone knows at least a song he's on, plus people really like 1 Night. Also he has the best branding of any of his competitive set

I'm in college rn and surprisingly everyone here absolutely loves Paak, even though I have absolutely no strong opinions on him. So I guess Paak

Uzi if he can convert his mixtape popularity into a more mainstream album. He may have to drop the whole scott pilgrim thing

Lil dicky is not really in the same category/game as these guys, but he could go pretty far if he follows up that last album quickly enough with some more funny-enough songs
>>
>>68806444
yachty already blew up, he's absolutely massive with the younger/high school demographic rn. Broccoli also broke top 5 on the hot 100 and I would say more people know that song for him than DRAM
>>
>>68806185
his dreads look like literal shit
>>
>>68806444
yeah paak is actually popular with people at my college more into music and the p4k taste crowd.

people love yachty though and he's got the most crossover already. We'll be seeing him a lot this year and 2017

21 is like a meme for people into trap. I loved savage mode but I dont really see him having any staying power

kodak needs to get out of jail asap. he's my personal favorite and seems like my favorite musicians favorite rapper. I honestly see him having the same kind of potential/appeal that chief keef did in like 2012

curry is popular on /mu/ i guess? no one I know is into him besides that one vine song

lil dicky is trash and is like the lonely island but even less relevant

dave east and g herbo are literally who tier but are the strongest actual rappers but their sound is stuck in the past
>>
>>68806531
I hope DRAM keeps seeing the same kind of success he got with brocolli and cha cha. His album was actually pretty good. Cash machine and his songs with thug and erykah badu were fantastic
>>
>>68806676
I have literally no idea who curry, dave east, and g herbo are, but I'm just not that big into hip hop

Kodak and 21 are also both pretty big on my campus I think, but I still think Paak has an edge. Could just be who I hang out with tho

For some reference, here's a poll (not sure who was polled tho) for the opener for our school's end of the year concert. Top vote for the headliner poll was by far Future though I'm not sure how the options for voting were chosen either.

>>68806185
actually had thug come to campus last year and worked the show. His show was pretty lame and he was a pain in the ass to work with. He showed up way late and all his friends in his posse were wandering around stage and shit
>>
>>68806327
i'd be surprised if I hear anything from lil yachty beyond 2017, popular now espicially with kids but needs to become less of a single-trick gimmick. His mixtape flopped.

lil dicky's just a meme who's struggling to get the macklemore crowd

desiigner's already over

Paak, Savage and Curry have heaps of potential and have all released fantastic full-length projects already

Haven't even heard about the other guys
>>
Kool AD, but he's in [spoiler]postmodern hip hop[\spoiler]
>>
>>68806185
sure
>>
I'm asking this genuinely, not to be a dick, but what's so amazing about Young Thug? Again I genuinely want to know because I don't understand, but then again I'm not a big trap guy.
>>
>>68806676
>G Herbo
>Literally who
Welcome to Fazoland was probably the best thing to come out of the drill scene and Denzel Curry is by far the best person on the list aside from maybe Herb or Paak.
>>
>>68806185
thug hasnt come out with anything good in years tho literally like been over a year or 2 since
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.