[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of "funny" music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (45KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 384x384px
What's the point of "funny" music?
>>
GET OFF MY ASS YOU WEE BITTY FUCK
>>
whats the point of life if you ain't laughin'

*adjusts cowboy hat*
>>
literally newgrounds music
>>
>>68760954
Even if it's actually funny it will stop being so after a few listens,then what?
>>
>>68760927
Thats not a funny album. Its purposefully tragic. Have you even listened to the lyrics?
>>
>>68760985
Pretty sure this is bait but i'll answer anyway:
Yes,and many of them are supposed to be funny.
How tragic is "waving my dick in the wind" or that "mutilated lipes wormlike something"?
>>
File: Primus-Frizzle_Fry.jpg (374KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Primus-Frizzle_Fry.jpg
374KB, 700x700px
I think you really have to grow up listening to joke bands to enjoy them as an adult.
>>
>>68761028
It's tragedy viewed through a comedic lens. Waving my dick in the wind is about a prison escapee who hasn't seen his lover in months
>>
What is it with Ween where no matter how diverse and genre hopping their music is it all still manages to sound distinctively "Ween"?
>>
File: MI0001962179-571x560.jpg (60KB, 571x560px) Image search: [Google]
MI0001962179-571x560.jpg
60KB, 571x560px
>>
>>68761101
This
She Wanted to Leave is incredibly sad but is still pretty funny because of delivery
>>
>>68760927
because laughter and joy are just as legitimate emotional reactions as sadness and woe.
you feel for the pain is art meme.
>>
>>68761158
*fell
>>
>>68760927
You're assuming the main attraction is the humor. Rather, it's just a good album like another other that just happens to also be funny.
>>
>>68760927
God you are stupid.

"Funny music" (or at least good funny music) is no different than any other type of good music, it is well written/produced, the only difference is that its funny.

You dont listen to it because its funny, you listen to it because its good music. It been funny is no difebrce then if it were sad, you can have good funny music and good sad music.
>>
>>68760927
some people aren't faggots who take themselves way to seriously

also:
>implying funny music can't be beautiful music
This literally goes back to Mozart.
>>
>>68760927
>>68761199

I think in the case of Ween, most people who like them start listening because it's funny and stay with the band because the music is so good.
>>
File: neutra-inthea_061.jpg (1MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
neutra-inthea_061.jpg
1MB, 900x900px
Is this supposed to be funny music? That semen line always makes me giggle.
>>
>>68761101
>Waving my dick in the wind is about a prison escapee
What makes you say that?
>>
>>68761199
>>68761223
OP here.
Ok then,in the case of this album,the music is still good after the joke is over,but there is music that's supposed to be funny and that's it, like >>68761141

>>68761225
i didn't imply that
>>
>>68760927
O C E A N M A N
C
E
A
N
M
A
N
>>
>>68760980
Then it simply becomes good music.
>>
>>68761248
I LOVE YOU JESUS CHURIIIIIIIIIIIST

JESUS CHRIST III LOVE YOU, YES I DOOOOOOOO
>>
absurdism is a functional element of art
>>
>>68760927
What's it like being autistic?
>>
>>68761728
most of the time it's alright
but you would know wouldn't you
>>
To have an outlet that distracts you from bullshit with bullshit
>>
File: Kill yourself nigger.jpg (97KB, 600x634px) Image search: [Google]
Kill yourself nigger.jpg
97KB, 600x634px
>>68760927
What's the point in music that evokes emotion in the listener? You really made me think, i'm going to stop listening to music now.
>>
>>68761028
>How tragic is "waving my dick in the wind"
????? The narrator is obviously grieving over a breakup and medicating with alcohol.
>Im lost in the sauce once again
Its tragic as fuck - and simultaneously hilarious.

You have the emotional depth of a toddler, friendo.
>>
>>68761158
>because laughter and joy are just as legitimate emotional reactions as sadness and woe.
fucking this
god damn edgelords
>>
>>68762085
>>68762156
laughter isn't an emotion in the same way happiness and sadness are
>>
>>68762517
its representative of an emotion. i dont see your point.
>>
>>68762765
what emotion would that be?
>>
>>68762793
getting your dick sucked by a 15 year old boy
>>
>>68760927
not being pretentious hipster cocksuckers
>>
>>68761255
Not him, and it doesn't have to be a prison escape but

>It's been 97 days since I've laid my head beside you, and a million miles of highway in between
>There's some red and blue lights that are shining right behind me
>That pig's a pretty mean bastard

The amount of time and the presence of the police point it toward that interpretation.

I always felt it was like a truck driver or something trying to make it back to his girlfriend, but the cops are chasing him for drunk driving ("I'm lost in the sauce once again") and speeding.
>>
comedy music = comedy is placed before the music
music with humor = music is placed before the humor
>>
>>68762793
Laughter is the physical indication of humor (in the same sense that a smile is the physical indication of happiness). Humor is distinct from happiness due to the complex psychological understanding necessary to accomplish it.

Humor is the release of stress, and the realization or subversion of anxiety.

It's a much more complex emotion than sadness, especially in music.
>>
>>68764908
I think "waving my dick in the wind" is definitely supposed to be a turn of phrase and not literal, but I'm not sure what it means. He says "If it all goes right I'll be in your arms tonight, but I'm waving my dick in the wind" maybe meaning that he thinks what he's doing is pointless, or that he's drawing (police) attention to himself.

The Jimmy Wilson bit really eludes me though other than that maybe it's a guy he knew in jail.
>>
>>68760927
A lot of ween has funny lyrics but that's completely irrelevant if the music itself is good IMO, and this album is definitely good.
>>
I felt that The Mollusk was less "funny" and was more tongue-and-cheek in its dark humor
>>
>>68761121
they have pretty unique voices and have used the same producer the entire time
>>
>>68760927
none ween is shit
>>
>>68761623
This
>>
>>68767110
Shut up Montie
>>
>>68767110
you think oasis is good you horsefucker
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.