[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everybody hate hipsters? Even hipsters hate hipsters...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Why does everybody hate hipsters? Even hipsters hate hipsters...

Whats so bad about us? Whats wrong with wanting to express your quirkiness?
>>
>>>/s4s/
>>
Because people project their insecurities on a group that isn't even a conscious group
>>
>pretending to like things to look cool
This is why
>>
“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.
>>
>>68758947
wasn't this a CLT pasta?
>>
Basically theres levels to this shit. Not all hipsters are created equal.

You've got the fixed speed riding, beer convention attending dipshits with curled mustaches, and these are typically the ones that get hated the most. These people are just normies attempting to gain an added level of quirkiness and depth, but ultimately their tastes are just as pleb and cookie cutter as anyone else.

Then you've got the nerds: people who specialize in a certain medium or genre and look down on anyone who lacks their mental database of obscure knowledge on said subject. These people are autistic for all intents and purposes and deserve flak as well.

After that you've got people who live and die by their "scene". I'm talkin crusties, retro enthusiasts, goths, etc. These people aren't necessarily as bad but can get obnoxious and out of hand very quickly.

If you're capable of outwardly expressing yourself without being an asshole, you don't have much to worry about.
>>
>>68758829
its not your "quirkiness" its your pathetic elitist attitudes
>>
>>68758829
imagine being so boring that you actively try to be a hipster to make up for it
>>
>>68759380
/thread
>>
>>68758947
this is a pretty convincing and solid pasta but its so fucking weird because literally last night this like 19 year old sheltered chick i was chilling with basically started a question with the words "so you're a hipster right?" and i just like couldnt even think of anything to say the way she asked was like assuming that i would definitely say yes like it was something you wanted to be and not some weird stereotype thing. idk what it adds to this but i was just like really sad that it was a reality.
>>
>>68759266
>>68759380
So if somebody has an odd, or eccentric personality, they're just 100% faking it for attention? Theres no other way around it?

You know this for a fact?
>>
>>68758947
Very accurate. I hear everyone talk shit on hipsters, but literally no one knows exactly who they are. Ive seriously heard someone get called a hipster because they listen to Mumford and sons. I hate people who talk shit on hipsters because they usually are people who just jumped on the anti hipster bandwagon and get angry about done vague idea of a person that doesn't even actually exist.
>>
>>68759455
>hipsters
>odd/eccentric personality
You think that's what makes a hipster? Hipsters are a niche group of post-ironic, uppity, prententious fuckwads who dress in ironic clothing and scorn people who have anything under patrician taste in anything
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.