[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kanyedrones BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Crosby.jpg (96KB, 800x686px) Image search: [Google]
Crosby.jpg
96KB, 800x686px
How will they ever recover?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/oct/28/david-crosby-kanye-west?CMP=fb_gu
>>
but hes not wrong?

kanye is a producer and rapper.
>>
oh no an artist i like criticised another artist I like

better kill myself
>>
>>68754773
Huge David Crosby fan, but seriously go to bed grandpa.

Kanye does not have the talent in his fingers or in his vocal cords. His talent is strictly in his musicality and overall love and admiration for music. Much like Crosby, he just... gets it. I would have thought that would be completely apparent to somebody that also built a career in the industry.

Like, "Runaway" for example doesn't really rely on much in the way of sampling. It's an original Kayne West song that is as full of as much emotion as fucking "Guinevere". Seriously, get over yourself David Crosby, Woodstock was a lifetime ago. Write some new music you putz.
>>
I generally like to give old artists like this some charity because they simply haven't grown up with this music.

But can anybody listen to Never Let Me Down, Gorgeous, or Street Lights and honestly claim that this man isn't fantastic at creating a song? Like shit are you deaf?
>>
>>68755760
Weird selection of songs. All fairly mediocre as far as ye's catalogue goes for me.... But the point remains.

He's probably penned MORE great songs than David Crosby.

I wonder how Stephen Stills feels about Yeezy, cuz I consider Stills to be somebody who just understands music from all angles (not just through a narrow white guy folk vantage) like Yeezy does. It doesn't matter how you get there, if you have a song and do it justice, you have succeeded as a songwriter. Kanye has done that over and over and over again.
>>
>>68754773
Poor Kanye...his poor feelings...
>>
>>68754773
Kanye West is more than a musician, He is more than an artist. Kanye is the living incarnation of what Hegel would refer to as the world-spirit.I honestly pity those who can't understand Kanye. Maybe they are frightened by the Great Truths expressed in His art.
>>
That notion among dadrockers that producers are not real musicians doesn't make any sense
>>
Just made me relisten to Runaway desu.
The autotune part I always liked before, but it just really, really clicked with me this time. I feel like I "got" it whereas before I just liked it.
Thanks Crosby.
>>
>>68754773
lel

says the guy who has phil collins liver

what a fossil

go to hell crosby
>>
>>68755919
Nah I feel like those three songs are pretty fantastic examples of 3 pretty unique aspects to Kanye's music. Never Let Me Down exemplifies the chipmunk-soul style he started out with, Gorgeous showcases his more straightforward rap style while still showcasing his excellent ear for production, and Street Lights is one of the most beautiful songs of the 21st Century.
>>
>>68756440
Whatever you say, familia.
Never Let Me Down doesn't do anything for me, personally. If you're talking chipmunk soul, I'd vote "Slow Jamz". The "well well, well weeellll" is so iconic. The beat is smooth as fuark, NOT TO MENTION the dude is literally paying homage to a dozen legendary artists of our Dad's era. Pay attention, Mr. Crosby.

Talking straighforward rap, I do like Gorgeous, but it feels like a bit of a filler track to me. Diamonds From Sierra Leone might be a better example.

Street Lights one of the most beautiful songs of this century? I personally find it, and most tracks on 808s, pretty darn cringey. That would be a perfect example of Kanye overstaying his welcome vocally.

As far as his most forward-thinking song, something like Hold My Liquor would sound totally out of place on his earlier records, but is right at home on Yeezus and beyond. I PERSONALLY, love the immediacy and simplicity of something like Real Friends, I hope that to be the future of Kanye West. But something like Bound 2 is irksome in the most intriguing way. Most people, even Kanye stans, hate that track. I personally love it. Gives me the heebie jeebies in the best possible way. it's the contrast of the modern lyricisms and the hi-fi elements clashing with the lofi sampling. Thing of beauty.

But, y'know... Suite Judy Blues 'n stuff...
>>
>>68756292
That's right little boy and watch what you say to me or i'll have your liver...with onions.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.