[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tfw avant-teen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: f.png (303KB, 724x669px) Image search: [Google]
f.png
303KB, 724x669px
18 y/o here, am I an avant-teen? What exactly is an avant-teen? Do people just use that word to describe patrician teenagers or is it genuinely a negative term?

>Love The Residents, Captain Beefheart, Freak Folk, Free/ Avant-Garde Jazz, Experimental shit
>Plenty of songs give me tremendous amounts of "feels"
>>
if you like music unironically then yes
>>
File: 25.jpg (112KB, 743x695px) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
112KB, 743x695px
>>68752626
turn your computer off
>>
>>68752626
I use it to label pretentious teens that can only listens to off-beaty garbage.
>>
it's just another buzzword to imply someone's tastes are ingenuine, like "hipster" or "poseur".
>>
>>68752626
me 2 let's be friends

inb4 90% of people on mu are degenerate millennials with no talent
>>
>>68752672
>off-beaty

what is this supposed to mean
>>
>>68752713
Figures.
>>
>>68752626
Nah, you're a typical /mu/drone, avant-teens today are either poptimists or classicalfags
>>
>>68752723
i'm asking you to explain yourself.
>>
>>68752723
musically uneducated child
>>
>>68752626
>visits Scaruffi's website once
>>
>>68752626
Why do you have to define yourself.
>>
>>68752626
why do you even care? it's just a buzzword that means literally nothing used by teenagers on this chinese board.
If you enjoy the music unironically and it's not force yourself to like it, there's nothing wrong about exploring new forms of music and enjoying experimental music.
t. free jazz fan
>>
>>68752626
don't worry dawg qt hipster girls love avant-teens
>>
>>68752626
We will validate you
Music is an image not a sound
Its a title not a track
>>
>>68753431
this. respect yo self and it shouldn't matter
>>
>>68752626
An avant teen is someone who consumes obscure media in order to seem smarter than they really are.

With that kind of music, yes you are. Go outside.
>>
>>68754450
What's it like perpetuating the long standing tradition of thinking music is hard to "get"?
>>
>>68754462
Because it is
companies wouldn't be pumping MILLIONS of dollars
making sure ppl write catchy accessible hits
>>
>>68754499
More capitalism than truth; that just means people buy music more than something like paintings or literature. So speak for yourself, but know people are disproportionately accepting of other mediums, as you can tell by considering the musical contemporaries of different painters or authors. you fell for a meme (or should I say a scam)
>>
>>68754533
velvet underground debut discards everything you just said.
same with slowdive - souvlaki
>>
>>68754563
I can't even understand what you mean. because tvu and warhol were friends?
>>
avant-teen is a word to describe anyone who isn't a Weezer loving nu male
>>
Avant-teen refers to people who listen to tons of experimental obscurities in order to look educated and open minded. If you still like Beefheart and the Residents, you aren't an avant-teen, as avant-teens shit on "entry level" experimental music.
>>
File: 1467001269968.jpg (1MB, 1012x1355px) Image search: [Google]
1467001269968.jpg
1MB, 1012x1355px
>>68752626
An avant-teen is a teenager who gets introduced to experimental music and becomes a dilettante obsessed with anything obscure or avant-garde despite lacking knowledge of musical history or music theory. They can commonly be found on RYM, trawling through obscure 1970s post avant-jazzcore records.
t. former avant-teen
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.