[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most ridiculous thing you have read on mu?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 13

File: 1477679817316.png (23KB, 590x153px) Image search: [Google]
1477679817316.png
23KB, 590x153px
What is the most ridiculous thing you have read on mu?
>>
File: 1457294330743.jpg (304KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1457294330743.jpg
304KB, 1536x2048px
>>68743957
>music is objective, you can measure this based on music theory
gives me some keks every single time
>>
>>68743969
But are they just trolling?
>>
Everything here is equally ridiculous because of subjectivity.
>>
>>68743969
this, except I see it basically every day so its hard to say its the most ridiculous thing "I have ever seen"
>>
>Animal Collective is good
>>
>>68743957
>Mike Love is a good musician
>>
>>68743957
This discussion matters
>>
>>68743969
this, or when people say they know an album is good because they "know music theory". easiest way to tell they're full of shit
>>
That mp3 degrading over time meme
>>
File: pleb_artists.png (9KB, 259x210px) Image search: [Google]
pleb_artists.png
9KB, 259x210px
"normies hate kanye west"
>>
>>68744514
not really all normies, mostly the "I was born in the wrong generation" crowd
>>
File: image.png (42KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
42KB, 1000x1000px
>>68744477
There seems to be a lot of misconceptions in the music community regarding the differences between 320kbps mp3 and FLAC format. It is true that 320kbps is technically as good as FLAC, but there are other reasons to get music in a lossless format.

Hearing the difference now isn’t the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is ‘lossy’. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA – it’s about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don’t want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange…well don’t get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren’t stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you’ll be glad you did.
>>
>alien lanes is better than bee thousand
>>
>>68744741
Please be joking. mp3's degrading? lmao
>>
animal collective is bad
>>
>>68744224
>Animal Collective isn't good
>>
File: TZO0VS0.jpg (21KB, 748x536px) Image search: [Google]
TZO0VS0.jpg
21KB, 748x536px
>>68744741
Thanks man, I'll convert my mp3's into FLACs before they degrade any further right away.
>>
>>68744568
That crowd is about as ridiculous as anything anyone will post in this thread
>>
File: Harpsichord.png (49KB, 1325x355px) Image search: [Google]
Harpsichord.png
49KB, 1325x355px
Also >>68743969
>>
>>68744741
ROTATIONAL VELODENCITY
>>
>>68744857
>why is banana flavored candy different and worse to actual bananas
kek
>>
AM wasn't a good album.
>>
>>68744857
shouldn't heavy metal be harpsichord saturated?
something amiss is afoot
>>
>>68744741
This is the best pasta of all time on any board desu
>>
File: file.png (14KB, 173x203px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
14KB, 173x203px
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 948x711px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 948x711px
why is pinkerton /mu/core again? it's such a shitty album.
>that part where they have to stop playing on across the sea because rivers had a pair of pantsu on his head while singing and tripped and fell over pat's drum set and they had to set it up again but kept recording but only until they finish seting up the drums again
>that part where matt's E string snaps on why bother and rivers whips his cock out and tells him to strum that instead, all the while matt is repeating the last word of rivers' sentences one octave higher
>that part in getchoo where brian stops playing cause he wants to go to mcdonalds so rivers brings the mic and when they get there he records the mexican working the drivethru saying "wha can i getchoo" and as soon as that last word is out he goes "AHUH" real loud and just keeps doing it for like 15 minutes until brian decides he wants a big mac with no pickles and a shamrock shake but it's july and they don't have them and the total is $1.45 and just after they leave matt says he wants a medium fries and asks to go back but rivers won't say yes or no he just repeats whatever matt says but in a much higher pitch voice and in an extremely racist chinese accent
>that part where rivers is sampling the evangelion theme on el scorcho but it's really fucking loud and you can hear his mom open the basement door and yell it him to turn it down but like really far back into the mix because it's just so fucking loud
>that part in butterfly where brian rips a really long fart and he and pat are giggling about it in the background and rivers pretends not to hear them but he's getting annoyed that they're distracting him and you can hear him getting progressively more peeved as the song goes on
who can listen to this garbage unironically????
>>
>>68744741
This and the male predisposition to liking harsh noise are the best pastas
>>
>>68743957
grimes general
>>
File: 291537-david-gilmour.jpg (24KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
291537-david-gilmour.jpg
24KB, 700x400px
>Dark Side of the Moon is the first use of sampling.
>>
>>68745141
>"wha can i getchoo"
Kek
Everybody knows quality isn't part of the selection criteria for /mu/core. It's all about tradition and being widely known albums (in the board)
>>
>>6874474
actually, the man knows what he's talking about, albeit, petty or nonsense to most people. when i've gone back to some really old mp3's from way back 'in-the-day' (90's, Napster, 56k modem) most of my mp3 library sounds like crap, mostly due to the technologies available at the time. i notice an unusually large amount of "pops" in a lot of songs and a 128k rip sounds more flat than a new 128k rip (both sound terrible regardless). anybody who knows how data is written to a disc would know that bits do get lost over time.

i'm an arrogant, elitist, analog snob with 2 vintage hifi systems (1 solid state/1 tube based) that can expose every imperfection in an mp3 file. it absolutely cracks me up when people think their crappy OEM soundcard, crappy best buy cables, and crappy desktop speakers are suitable benchmarks for judging sound quality.

it's pathetic how nowadays people have allowed themselves to compromise quality over convenience and cost. i'm only 34 but just as bitter and scornful as someone twice my age. just wait until i get my FLAC vinyl rip blog up and running!
>>
>>68745015
>>68744741
love this pasta
>>
>>68745141
holy fuck, I'm dying over here
>>
>>68745234
i want to clock this fucking jew upside the head, same with that faggot waters
>>
>>68745141
oh my god
>>
>>68745222
Not KPOP? Oh wait now it hit me that Grimes general are comprised of the same exact people who post in KPOP threads. Lets group all these people together in a room by telling them about a /mu/ party get together. And then....FUCKING SLIT THEIR MOTHER FUCKING THROATS
>>
File: mfw 2.png (325KB, 644x434px) Image search: [Google]
mfw 2.png
325KB, 644x434px
>Rusty is a ripoff of Spiderland
>>
File: kek.jpg (262KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
262KB, 1024x768px
>>68744857
>bullshit pro harpsichord propaganda
>>
File: Postavantjazzcoreisbett.jpg (45KB, 658x652px) Image search: [Google]
Postavantjazzcoreisbett.jpg
45KB, 658x652px
After all this years.
>>
>>68743957
General notion that anything is bad because it's "Dadrock"
Queen and Pink Floyd are pretty great, for example, up until around 1980
Pretty sure people just want to be "unique" by hating on well known classics and sticking instead to the classics that are instead all well known by hipsters (/mu/core)
It really boils down to people in general wanting to be unique and "Underground" more than they care about actually listening to music and appreciating various styles.
Then just as bad are people that hate on /mu/core albums because they're more underground than THAT.
If you have better knowledge about music than someone, it's often better to encourage them to listen to stuff you think is good rather than berate them for liking "le itaots maymay" especially considering most of these albums are well known for a reason
>>
>>68743957
the jonsi googly eyes meme
>>
>>68744741
>mfw i actually fell for this for a day
>>
File: STOP INVINCIBLE EVANS.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
STOP INVINCIBLE EVANS.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>68745141
>this entire post
>>
women are a meme
>>
>rock is more varied than jazz or classical
>electronic is a genre
>metal isn't a rock subgenre
>death grips aren't just todays ICP+RATM+LP
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.