[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best rock album of the 10's?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

File: Arctic_Monkeys_-_AM.png (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Arctic_Monkeys_-_AM.png
18KB, 300x300px
Is this the best rock album of the 10's?
>>
It is underrated by the contrarians around here but I don't know if I would say it's the best of the decade.
That probably would go to Lame Impala
>>
>>68740355
no, feeling kinda free by the drones is
>>
File: Gloss Drop.jpg (226KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Gloss Drop.jpg
226KB, 700x700px
>>68740355
No, but this is.
>>
Robert Pollard has put out at least 5 albums better than that this decade and his career peak was 20 years ago
That's not even counting everybody else
Arctic Monkeys are complete shite
>>
I doubt it's even in the top 10 rock albums of the day it was released
>>
>>68740355
no, but this is the worst bait of the 10s
>>
i think so
>>
File: a2523643110_10.jpg (148KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a2523643110_10.jpg
148KB, 1200x1200px
lol no
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 480x300px
>>68740803
>>
>Not one of three Kevin Parker albums
>>
Look senpai, the Arctic Monkeys is my favorite band ever, but even I con't consider this the best album.

But R U Mine may be the best indie rock song of the 2010's (until now).
>>
>>68741944
I hate the Arctic Monkeys, yet love Josh Homme.. who ghost produced lots of AM.

It's their best album by far.
>>
>>68741990
It sounded like a QoTSA taking a trip trough Motown with Alex Turner on lead... fucking beautiful.
>>
>>68741990
>>68742058

Their best album is Humbug, period, which was also produced by Homme.
>>
>>68742130
AM sounded more "American", so I'm biased.

Like, Marvin Gaye could have sung this shit like.
>>
>>68740400
How /mu/ should be

>>68740503
>>68740543
>>68741944
How /mu/ really is
>>
>>68742198
Do you have any example to support your claim, boi?
I really would like to hear Gaye singing something like Number One Party Anthem.
>>
File: kys.png (6KB, 680x162px) Image search: [Google]
kys.png
6KB, 680x162px
>>68741990
I love Joshua Homme but I think this is what a failed ...Like Clockwork looks like, and hence its already beaten out for "best of the 10s"
Then we consider The Suburbs
The fact that Artic Monkeys first two records were some of the best of the 00s
The fact that Halcyon Digest came out in 11
That Lonerism was in 2012

Basically, you're gonna lose.
>>
>>68742252
Marvin could sing anything.

This was Alex being a star album & I love me some Alex Turner.
>>
>>68740400
>>68742250
>Having this shit taste

It saddens me that there are people that actually believe this
>>
>>68742307
See. I USUALLY HATE BTRITS COCKNEY BULLSHIT( barring Amy Winehouse & Black Sabbath).

On this album, it felt sexy.
>>
>>68742313
Me too, bro.

That m8 is sexy af.
>>
File: Swans_To_Be_Kind.jpg (25KB, 658x658px) Image search: [Google]
Swans_To_Be_Kind.jpg
25KB, 658x658px
>>68740355
how many rock albums from the 10's have you heard redditman?
>>
>>68742313
okay but consider this:

505 was better than any of the songs from AM, but has similar production style (though not quite as crisp as Josh Homme's own), Library Pictures was the last banger Arctic Monkeys released and whilst it was in a worse album (WPSIA>FWN>Humbug=AM>SIAS) it didn't suffer from the terrible production like most of the other SIAS songs did, and all the songs from AM had great production but yet were quite boring (unlike the latter half of Humbug, which had Homme's production and sounded like Artic Monkeys at their creative peak, whilst the other songs were as horrible as the worst of SIAS)
>>
>>68742400
Tame Impala >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Than nigger dick

Easily.
>>
>>68742361
none of the artists mentioned are from London, yankie fuck
>>
>>68742416
All prior albums reek of English shit fuck.

For reference I think the Libertines could be the worst band of all time.
>>
>>68742454
They sound like Blink-182 & The Strokes burped up a band & yet you love them?
>>
>>68742454
"i hate this music bc my 5 y/o ears cant understand english bc im a fuckin migrant piece of shit"
cry me a river, Niggle Farage
American music is shit tier
>>
>>68742454
>prior albums reek of English shit fuck
>prior albums
"leccy meter"
"hoover"
AM reeks of it too nigjam
>>
>>68742600
Ty Segall, Mikal Cronin, John Dwyer?

We are keeping rock alive my friend.
>>
File: CoverFinal-300dpi-688.jpg (42KB, 688x688px) Image search: [Google]
CoverFinal-300dpi-688.jpg
42KB, 688x688px
Nah mate. QOTSA took the cake
>>
>>68742722
sorry but revivalism isn't living, it's like saying a comatose patient who's braindead is living because you can shock their neural system into moving their arms.

You should be thankful the Brits invented rock/pop so your shitlords could try and revive it.
>>
>>68742911
Your first insult was a run on sentence, yur second as truth.

We gave you so much black culture though.

Slaves make good business.
>>
>>68742971
If they were smart enough. The boat they would not cross.

Fuck you. Pay me.
>>
>>68742971
The Slave Trade only existed because America hadn't got an Empire to steal black culture from, the rest of us stole it from places that were technically part of our own country. Remember who owned Jamaica, mon.
>>
>>68742996
Unless they had help of the Arabic persuasion.

Still then. Why must everyone stand on thier own to feet for the black people, when they do not do it for them self? At least the natives accepted murder.
>>
>>68742996
are you typing this from the basement, jimmy? Your mothersister is looking for your
>>
>>68743048
That didn't make sense. Thought I was high on drugs.
>>
>>68743065
are you typing this from the shed, nephew Mikchckaela? You've left our condom in the sink along with the positive pregnancy test
>>
>>68743087
I'm a historian: Britain and France stole black culture from their territory in Africa and the Middle East, as well as (Britain) from India, all of which were part of the countries respected empires, meaning the slave trade was nothing to do with it.

Get it, nigjam?
>>
>>68743048
COTTON

You Brits liked it enough.
>>
>>68743130
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Jazz?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>68743132
we started and ended the trade of cotton, Mancunian strikes were the reason the South nearly bankrupted and had to surrender to Abe, hence Abe naming so many towns in the US "Manchester".

Additionally, the only reason the slave trade existed was because the Brits started it, we goaded the natives in our territories in North Africa into the boats, we owned the boats, we sent the boats to Jamaica, a part of the British Empire, we then sent them to the colonies in America, soonafter we started that you guys split off and continued the slave trade and we distanced ourselves from it so much as to make it seem as though we didnt have a hand in it and so need feel no guilt.
>>
>>68743160
see above for why the slave trade was basically us too
>>
>>68743048
The slave was because your ancestors liked cotton.

YOU LIKE COOL Sneakers/HDTVs from where?

It died for many reasons.
>>
>>68743262
Child labor for those cool sneakers & /fa/ to say cop.
>>
>>68743262
I don't, I'm a hippie-fag not into that shit mate.

Additionally, the sneakers and HDTVs are all from Asia.

And, it died because it wasn't profitable, the Manchester cotton mills were the biggest in the world, its why the city is so large, and the workers heard about the slave treatment and did a mass strike, the entire workforce just left. This is when the capitalists got etsy about shit and so goaded Irishmen to come to Liverpool (a dock built to continue the slave trade by being a port for all cotton to go to Manchester) and try to undo all the mess with the strikes, but by this time there was no way to get enough to properly work the mills as training took a long time and very few Irishmen were trained. The slavers started losing money rapidly, and they couldn't fund the southern army, then the civil war was lost, and suddenly slavery was abolished.

Also, slavery wasn't abolished bc the majority of military uniforms are made by US slaves in the penitentiary system (which actually works out quite well with the racial bais in the justice system to provide an entirely new, national based, slave trade).
>>
Arctic Monkeys is my fav band I don't consider AM indie rock at all, it sounds a lot more like american pop rock than brittish indie rock

It has a few really good songs tho, I love R U Mine? and Arabella, I kinda like Knee Socks and WHy'd you Only Call Me When You're High, and like the lyrics of Do I Wanna Know?

Personally I prefer their first three albums, Humbug being my fav because of Secret Door, Cornerstone and Potion Approaching

Best Indie Rock album of the '10s? I couldn't say, we still have 3 more years, but so far I'd say Melophobia from Cage The Elephant, Cigarrette Daydreams and Come a Little Closer just got to me so easily
>>
>>68743383
It paid enought to take on the Army taht such fucked of the UK.

STOP

Enjoy your samsung m8.
>>
>>68743443
this makes no sense? Are you talking about the War of Independence in which Britain suffered 0 losses because they decided to turn around rather than risk all out war with the 2nd biggest power in the world at the time, France? That's dumb.

All. From. Asia.

I'll enjoy my Fairphone which doesn't look as nice as the Puzzlephone but is better for the world.
>>
>>68743558
Buy an ipone or by an Samsung.

All it meant, buddy.
>>
>>68742421
Tame Impala aren't even the best Australian psych rock band.
>>
>>68740355
I mean yeah I guess it is the best rock album of the 10's. If you're GAY.
>>
>>68742911
That's as far the rock door step will take you.

Brian Eno knew.

Now you have Kanye & Jaar to guide you.

DJ Rashad > Jaar > Kanye
>>
>>68740355
No, it's probably the worst rock album of the 10's. It's the most generic piece of shit ever. Arctic Monkeys completely abandoned their indie roots and just went full chart-retarded with this LP. Fuck you, your opinion is shit.
>>
>>68744838
>indie roots

The White Stripes devolved. The Arctic Monkeys evolved.

Why is my rock God(Meg White) a fat disgusting pig now?
>>
File: 220px-ArcadeFireReflektor[1].jpg (16KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-ArcadeFireReflektor[1].jpg
16KB, 220x220px
no
>>
>>68742358
>LE MUSIC IS OBJECTIVE MAYMAY

kys you fucking piece of shit
>>
File: meta-image-2.jpg (497KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
meta-image-2.jpg
497KB, 1000x1000px
>>68740355
no
>>
>>68744270
Psych rock is won thing. Kevin Parker is a walkinG & talking Quincy Jones.
>>
File: King-Gizzard-Mind-Fuzz.jpg (289KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
King-Gizzard-Mind-Fuzz.jpg
289KB, 1024x1024px
>>68740355
no sir
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.