[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me how you feel about this album /mu/ I love it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Tell me how you feel about this album /mu/

I love it
>>
Yeah it's pretty good. Of course it will be hard for AiC to not be overshadowed by their work with Staley, but this and their previous comeback album were pretty good I thought. Cantrell still can make some good music.
>>
>>68731225
I love it, too.

Sounds more like Jerry Cantrell's solo work, than old AiC, which is understandable. A pretty ambitious and even "progressive" album for an old grunge band making a comeback that might be perceived as a cash grab. I wonder if this and BGWTB would have been better received had they changed the band name. It seems a lot of people just dismiss them based on Staley being replaced

Hollow, Stone, The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here, Lab Monkey and Phantom Limb are fantastic metal songs. Only criticism is that unlike with AiC, the mellow songs are not very good at all. Dank riffage was always Cantrell's strong suit.
>>
>>68731225
The production feels really loud, but not in a typical brickwall way. There feels like there's several channels of layered guitars all around, which is cool and gives off an airy sound, but it simultaneously feels congested too. Kinda weird honestly.

There's some good ideas, but I honestly don't like the direction they've been going in since they reformed, alot of it feels very safe. Jerry Cantrell's solo albums prove he can make good grunge on his own, so why have the new Alice In Chains albums been lacking?

And nah it's not William, he's not Layne (nobody will be) but he's alright.
>>
>>68731263
>>68731340
>>68731377
Three (3) thought out and meaningful replies right out the gates. This is how you can tell it's early on /mu/. Morning dudes.

The album is great by the way. Not as good as BGWTB.
>>
>>68731401
Aw man BGWTB's production completely ruins the listenability of that album for me, it's painful to sit through. Shame too, it'd be alright if the producer wasn't channeling his inner Rick Rubin or something. Acid Bubble and A Looking In View had really neat song structures. The album itself did feel a little bit like they were trying to dip their toe into the water to see if anybody was still interested in Alice In Chains, though; the albums tracks all varied in sound, but it wasn't like there were many new sounds, most of them sounded like tracks that channeled the sounds of their previous albums (When The Sun Rose Again and Your Decision sounds much like Jar Of Flies, Check My Brain sounds like Dirt, Private Hell sounds like Self-Titled, etc). Kinda felt eh.
>>
>>68731350
It is really a massive sounding album, rather than just loud (if that makes sense). Definitely a lot more tasteful and fitting than the usual commercial stadium buttrock
>>
>tfw good threads like this sink into the bottom of the catalog with only a few posts
>>
I like it but for me Black Gives Way... is much better

Both albums are very underrated indeed
>>
>>68731225
One of their best albums if not the best (but thats only my opinion)
>>
>>68731225
BGWTB was a surprisingly great comeback album, but this was extremely drawn out and overlong, the album is over 67 minutes long and almost every song is over 5 minutes, definitely the weakest AiC album.
The only really outstanding tracks are Voices and Choke

Still better than Soungarden comeback though
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.