[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

100% PROOF that Animal Collective is accessible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: homepage_large.d8848c55.jpg (162KB, 316x319px) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.d8848c55.jpg
162KB, 316x319px
A lot of people on here think that Animal Collective isn't accessible. I'm here to prove you guys wrong. I put the song Brother Sport of the Phil Of The Future intro and it fits PERFECTLY.

https://youtu.be/kU6DCjlIy34
>>
>>68725061
-Young Richh Kid
>>
stop posting this
>>
Why is there so little diversity in that show?
>>
>>68725131
Nope

-Young Richh Kid
>>
>>68725150
because it takes place after Panda Bear became the leader of the free world
>>
I'm pretty sure everyone has seen this already. Stop posting this every other day.
>>
>>68725242
Dude shut the fuck up.

-Young Richh Kid
>>
>>68725131
/thread
>>
>>68725061
They can't argue for them being inaccessible. And these fuckers can't refer to Danse Manatee when they've nowhere to run since most of them don't even like the album that much, though it's definitely AnCo's best
>>
they make pop music
pop music is accessible
>>
>>68726673
Hollinndagain is superior to Danse Manatee.
>>
>>68726673
I don't know if Danse is their best, but it's up there.

>>68726698
Hollinndagain is good, but it doesn't have Meet the Light Child, Runnin' the Round Ball, Throwin' the Round Ball, or In the Singing Box

Although in the singing box is a bit too poppy to have been on Hollinndagain, but it's still a good track

I wish they had worked a good performance of Meet the Light Child onto Hollinndagain
>>
>>68726953
What do you think is their best album? I've only heard STGSTV, Danse Manatee, MPP, Strawberry Jelly
>>
>>68726989
Campfire Songs is my favorite. And since you've already heard the most abrasive stuff that studio AnCo has to offer, and that it's also your favorite, and also since you've heard none of their folk stuff, it'll probably be a big change of pace.

Maybe listen to Sung Tongs first though. It sort of sets you up for the type of folk stuff that they write. I listened to Campfire Songs first and didn't like it, then listened to Sung Tongs and loved that, and when I eventually went back to Campfire Songs, I loved it.

With Campfire Songs, the things to look out for as you listen are the nature recordings, which are a lot more nuanced than you would think if you weren't really paying attention. They weave in sounds of rain, wind, twigs snapping, crows, airplanes flying overhead, etc. in and out pretty seamlessly with a constant "nature's drone" in the background. Props to whichever one of them did that, I'd immediately think that it was Geo, but people always say that all he did was press record.

Also, this was recorded around the same time as Danse Manatee, I think, and released a few years later, so the songwriting on Campfire Songs, to me at least, seems similar in structure to the songwriting on Danse, only in a really sparse acoustic setting.

Panda and Avey's vocals are both pretty killer on Campfire Songs. And it's the first AnCo project that Deakin ever worked on, so that makes 3 acoustic guitars, so definitely listen for the way the guitars harmonize and layer, especially on De Soto De Son, the guitars sound beautiful on that track, and also on The Queen in my Picture, although the vocals are really the focal point of that track. And the transition from The Queen in my Pictures to Doggy is great too. And the vocals on Two Corvettes are really nice.

Some people think it's boring, but there's a lot of subtle things going on if you listen
>>
>>68725061
hey i think this is funny
>>
>>68727379
thumb emoji
cheers
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.